Lois & Clark Forums
Posted By: Psychofurball MV: Lithium - 01/24/07 03:08 AM
***********Wham Warning***********

You don't see a lot of those on my vids. But I felt with the graphic nature of the video I'm presenting you, it should have one.

This video deals with a very touchy subject. Rape.

I have chosen to speak up, and hold my silence no more. I am a victim, but I'm also a survivor.

This video reflects the silence many women have to go through in this case and this video is honoring those who continue to wake up each morning and carry on.

Now this isn't a lyric/matching video. I decided to go with the harmony and tone of the song, to make what I was feeling.

Enjoy!

Lithium- Evanescence

Thanks to Sara,Catherine,Erica and Kelly for thier support. I wouldn't of done anything without you guys.

Rach smile
Posted By: KSaraSara Re: MV: Lithium - 01/24/07 03:10 AM
Awesome work. grumble ) All in all, a very complete story that's just heartwrenching. whinging

Sara sloppy
Posted By: woody Re: MV: Lithium - 01/24/07 03:31 AM
That video was well done. Thank you for giving me a new perspective.
Posted By: Xcully Re: MV: Lithium - 01/24/07 07:23 AM
Wow, a really great video! Very drammatic and intense! thumbsup
Posted By: Capes Re: MV: Lithium - 01/24/07 08:45 PM
Haven't seen the video yet, but I just wanted to give you the thumbs up for finding your voice.

The more voices there are, the stronger we become! smile
Posted By: KathyB Re: MV: Lithium - 01/24/07 10:35 PM
Wow. Just ... wow.

When I read your description, I couldn't imagine how you'd be able to take clips from the show to tell this story, yet this was just amazing. I've always known you were fabulous at this, but you've outdone yourself with this editing.

And what a powerful ending, with the contact info/links. Great job. Both for your video and the reason you decided to make it. You're an inspiration.

Kathy
Posted By: Princess_sarsa Re: MV: Lithium - 01/25/07 12:06 AM
I have seen a lot of L&C vids (obviously, we all have) and this is the first one to inspire such emotion out of me. This was so gripping and heart breaking, and as a friend of someone who was raped, it made me almost break down. What a lovely job.

PS: were those Buffy clips I spotted?
Posted By: andieanderson1979 Re: MV: Lithium - 01/25/07 02:00 AM
You know I hardly ever come on here anymore. After retiring from making LnC vids and then with other things. But I had to leave a comment and not just because your like my best friend... wink

What you've done here is truly amazing. You are a very brave woman Rach and I'm so proud to call you my friend.

Everything fit so well together it totally blew me away. No words can ever describe how wonderful this vid is.

I thank you for sharing something this important and dear to your heart with us.

Later Days!
Andie
Posted By: Caroline Re: MV: Lithium - 01/25/07 06:01 AM
Wow! That was incredibly powerful and tremendously well-done. It made my skin crawl in places and made me tear up in others. Congratulations on a brilliant job with such a sensitive and difficult subject, and thank you for sharing it with us.

Best,

Caroline
Posted By: Matrix Re: MV: Lithium - 01/25/07 07:30 AM
Rachel this was incredibly moving. You have such a great gift and talent for making emotionally intense music vids.

I'm always amazed what creations you come up with from the limited scope of scenes and eps you have to work with on the series.

I'm glad you found your voice and shared it with us.

And please, send another one along soon. I'll need my fix again shortly. <g>

-- DJ
Posted By: Lara Joelle Kent Re: MV: Lithium - 01/25/07 03:26 PM
This is the first time I felt like actually watching a vid, and it totally blew me away. It was powerful, heart-wrenching, emotionally touching and all.

I don't really know what else to say. I think it's a very good thing you break a taboo with this. As long as rape exists, it has to be talked about. Don't get me wrong, but I want to congratulate you on finding the courage to raise your voice. And on being a survivor. *hugs*
Posted By: MrsMosley Re: MV: Lithium - 01/25/07 05:05 PM
Beautiful and powerful. Thank you for sharing this with us.
Posted By: Psychofurball Re: MV: Lithium - 01/27/07 12:39 AM
Wow! I didn't expect much of a reply with this video, cause of the subject. But wow! Color me shock! smile

Thank you everyone for leaving me wonderful fdk. It means the world to me. Especially with this subject.

Rach laugh

And yes those were buffy clips. wink
Posted By: Tahu Re: MV: Lithium - 01/27/07 09:18 AM
this video really moved me. Great piece of art.

Thank you for your courage and for sharing.
Posted By: Shadow Re: MV: Lithium - 01/27/07 10:23 AM
I think it's amazing that you were able to pull off an L&C video this well given the subject. Thanks for sharing.

JD
Posted By: MrsMosley Re: MV: Lithium - 01/27/07 11:36 AM
P.S. There is a fic on the archive that tackles this subject too but for the life of me I can't find it.
Posted By: LabRat Re: MV: Lithium - 01/27/07 12:29 PM
There are a couple that I recall:

Becky Bain's In A Dark Time

Karen Ward's Nightmare On Hyperian Avenue

Rachel, I haven't had a chance to watch any vids for a while, but I did want to say that I'm glad you feel able to share this obviously painful time in your life with us. Your strength and courage are something no one can take from you and will, I'm sure, encourage others to find their voice.

You make us proud and it's a pleasure to share this playground with you.

LabRat smile
Posted By: Shadow Re: MV: Lithium - 01/27/07 12:30 PM
Oh yay, Lab posted at the same time as me and solved my conundrum. I just couldn't remember that second one for the life of me! Anyway, they're both really good, iirc.

Thanks,
JD
Posted By: Classicalla Re: MV: Lithium - 01/27/07 10:13 PM
Wonderful vid, Rach. It brought tears to my eyes. For nearly 20 years, I remained virtually silent after having almost been raped and after having suffered abuse. After talking to someone on these boards, I was able to tell my family. You are right. We should no longer be silent.
Posted By: LoisLaneWannaBe Re: MV: Lithium - 01/27/07 10:53 PM
Lovely, you already know how I feel about this.

I am so glad you decided to post and you know am always here for you.

PS: This video is so fantastic and so uplifting in the sense this will help others stand up and speak. I truly hope this video makes a difference in one persons life.

I'm glad your "Clark" helped push you to make this too. I always knew I liked him smile

Thanks for sharing this Rachel. Thank you.

~Lois Lane Wanna Be
Posted By: Poussin Re: MV: Lithium - 01/28/07 11:23 AM
Wow! What a powerful video! It really moved me. My sisters had been raped twice (once when she was 13, and once when she was 22). She was traumatized, but for years we never knew what had happened to her, so that she was like that. But she had a lot of issues. When she was 26, she had gone to a mental clinic for a couple of months, and that had helped her a little, but the next year she had tried to kill herself by swallowing sleep tablets. Luckily, she had changed her mind, and she had called the hospital before it was too late. After that, she went again in the mental institute where she stayed longer, and then, when she went back home, she had continued the therapy. That took her whole year to be able to tell us she had been raped. She told us a few years ago, and in that time since she told us, she had become really better. Now, she is a survivor, too.

When I saw your video, I was crying and shaking. But at the end, when I saw the message to fight against the silence, I almost applauded. Yes! That kind of thing had to be denounced!

I was as moved by your video as I've been by the story "In a dark time", by Becky Bain. Your video could have been a trailer for that story. It perfectly fits the story AND the message.

Bravo for your vid, and for having overcome what had happened to you.
Posted By: Psychofurball Re: MV: Lithium - 01/28/07 11:53 AM
wow! eek

I'm really glad you guy's enjoyed this video. I was really scared to post it. I wanted to tell people, but was scared at the same time.

Thank you everyone, This means the world to me that you all enjoyed it and are moved by it. Thank you!

Rach laugh
Posted By: symbolicangel Re: MV: Lithium - 02/07/07 10:04 AM
Sorry I'm so late in leaving feedback. I actually started to a couple of times in the past few days but was rather speechless after seeing your video.

I've watched this video several times and have to say that it was just amazing! It's probably the best video I've seen. You are so very talented. The way you managed to invoke such emotion with this video is awe inspiring.

Thanks for sharing this!
Posted By: SuperRoo Re: MV: Lithium - 02/07/07 06:09 PM
Excellent. I love the opening and how you made the video clips fire against the beat of the music. I love this song and I the angst/sadness, etc that is felt within both are paried well to me. I even love the font chosen and how you conected the text at the end.

I'm glad you made this video.

I just stared at it with a stern look.

I love how you told the story through these clips, I found it flowed well...no jumping or choppiness. Clips were not too long that you wanted them to end. They were there long enough to get the feeling, the point...the message. Fast clips gave it a necessary feel.

I've fought my way out of a situation - thank goodness. I knew some co-workers that either were able to fight - against people they knew - one of them was lucky when someone she knew 'interuppted'. Two other girls I knew couple sadly couldn't. I don't know how they are now. This was about eight years ago and as far as I know they just told some close friends.

I only know of one man who was raped by a woman. He was drunk and didn't want it, but she tied him up well when he passed out. He said he couldn't tell anyone because, *who* would believe him, he would get teased and he believed that she could turn the tables on him so easily and get him charged b/c sociey doesn't expect a man to be raped by a woman. He was not a physically strong guy.

Thank you for sharing and being a fighter.
© Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards