Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#246695 01/16/07 09:44 AM
Beat Reporter
OP Offline
Beat Reporter
First let me start by doing this...

wallbash

Okay now that's out of the way, I need to thank and explain myself a little. laugh

First big thanks to DJ who kept nagging and sending posts and e-mails and other crazy reminders with many pointy stick guys. She has been dying for this video for a loong time. Ironically, she asked someone to make it back in October (I think) and I had been working on it before that.Between school and WMM being the worst program on Earth (or any planet for that matter), I have mangaged to finally completed this video.

I feel relieved, and I don't know if this video is good or not. Probably because I have been working on it for so long...

Well, after seeing Nickleback in concert this summer, and knowing there were Folc's who wanted a L&C twist on it, I had to get this done no matter what.

And now, I will let the video speak for itself.

Here is: Far Away

Enjoy! smile

~Lois Lane Wanna Be

"Live with intention.
Walk to the edge.
Listen Hard.
Practice wellness.
Play with abandon.
Laugh.
Choose with no regret.
Continue to learn.
Appreciate your friends.
Do what you love.
Live as if this is all there is."
~Mary Anne Radmacher
#246696 01/16/07 11:10 AM
Blogger
Blogger
YAY! New video laugh I'll comment as I watch for the second time.

Awww a duck! lol sorry, that's probably not what you would expect in comments for the vid, but it's so cute laugh 0:17 good lyric matchup, poor Clark. 0:24-0:36 AWW so sad, very moving scene selection. 1:18-1:30 is perfect again. AWWW 1:52-1:59 whinging 2:54-3:21 AWWW perfect again. I'm overusing that word, but I can't help it. At the end, the last "Never let me go," with the wedding scene was, again, perfect! Great song, fantastic vid, and thanks for putting so much time into it, even with WMM being evil laugh

I used to be on here as Alysehn. Now I'm back using my real name, Karyssa smile
#246697 01/16/07 11:46 AM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Oh Kelly!!! <me drools> drool

I'm so excited!!! dance

However, I'm at work right now, and totally swamped, so I'll have to wait to watch it when I get home. Expect real fdk from me later tonight.

I just had to come on here and say "YAH, WAHOO, YIPPEE!!!"

I'll be back later!

-- DJ

Smile and the world smiles with you ... frown and you're just giving yourself wrinkles.
#246698 01/16/07 01:15 PM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Oh my freaking word!

I loved this Kelly.

I love this song anyway. But several of my favorite parts were:

1. When the song first says "and you know, you know, you know" and Lois is looking in the mirror at herself, realizing that she wants Clark. And then the song says "that I love you, I have loved you all along" and they are at the park when Clark is telling Lois that he loves her and she had to have known... Awwww...

2. The proposal part where the song says "on my knees I'll ask, one chance for one last dance" and Clark is proposing. Perfect! Loved it!

3. "I'd give it all" - Lois almost died to save Clark's parents. Nice.

4. You know, you know, you know - and Clark tells Lois that he loves her (when she has no memory) and then kisses her. (waffy sigh)

5. I wanted - I wanted you to stay (Lois saying goodbye to Clark when he leaves for NK)

6. I loved you - I have loved you all along - Clark tells Lois that he has loved her since the beginning, says goodbye. <me cries>

7. Keep breathing cause I'm not leaving you anymore - Clark gives her back her wedding ring and re-proposes to her. I LOVE it!

Kelly, this was great! I'm so glad you finally finished it!!! Yeah!!!

Smile and the world smiles with you ... frown and you're just giving yourself wrinkles.
#246699 01/16/07 01:36 PM
M
Merriwether
Merriwether
M
Fabulous video!

lisa in the sky with diamonds
#246700 01/16/07 06:34 PM
K
Boards Chief Administrator
Pulitzer
Boards Chief Administrator
Pulitzer
K
GAK!!! Awesome, Kelly! Just awesome! I love this song more than I have right to, and I'd always wanted to see a vid for it... my only problem was that I had so much more of a fic in my head than actual clips from the show! So, to be honest, I was a bit wary about watching this (while being FREAKIN' excited at the same time drool

And now I've just lost my train of thought. blush The point is, Kelly, that I'm so glad you made this video and you did an awesome job of clip and emotion matching! *happy sigh*

Sara (off to drool some more...)

Kerth nominations are opening on March 3!
🏆2024 Kerth Award Posts 🏆.

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, the show, life, and more!

You can also find me on Tumblr and AO3.

#246701 01/16/07 07:13 PM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
OMG!!! This is so *wow*!!!

The weirdest thing is I just got that song from iTunes the other day and I was listening to it on my way home tonight, thinking "wouldn't it be cool if someone made a vid with this song" and now I find this. And it's so much better than what I was seeing in my head, too! smile

Wow! smile *happy sigh*

...and I have to say this - I know I say this all the time (perhaps not here, but the girls at work are getting tired of it!) - OMG, this guy is so gorgeous!!!! drool

Superman: Why is it that good villains never die?
Batman: Clark, what the hell are good villains?
=> Superman/Batman: Public Enemies
#246702 01/17/07 02:59 AM
Columnist
Columnist
Kelly!

hail hail

Very good video! Loved the lyric/matching. And the emotion of the clips. Very nice!! Ditto on what everyone else said. The vid fit with the song! Glad wmm worked out.

Rach laugh

Me: what are you looking at *Snatches pic* OMFG! Dean smeared in peanut butter?! WTF?!
Sara: LMAO it was chocolate!! smeared in chocolate!
Me: LMFAO chocolate smeared in chocolate!
Sara: LMAO the *chocolate* isn't smeared in chocolate!
Me: that's the way i read it. was trying to picture chocolate smeared in chocolate
Sara: ROTFLMAO
#246703 01/19/07 01:47 PM
Beat Reporter
OP Offline
Beat Reporter
Wow. I didn't expect this many comments so thank you!

YAY! New video I'll comment as I watch for the second time.

Awww a duck! lol sorry, that's probably not what you would expect in comments for the vid, but it's so cute
Alysehn, thanks soo much! I am glad you liked the duck. That's another one of my obsessions and part of it is an inside joke with my boyfriend. This (Lois and Clark) is my outlet when he is away at school, and I am missing him, hence the production company wink

Anyway I digress and say thanks again. If it wasn't for you showing me how to use the ripping programs, this would have never made it. Thanks! smile

Oh my freaking word!

I loved this Kelly.
DJ, thanks for some detailed and awesome feedback. Thanks again for sticking with me. Thanks again for pushing me and just thanks overall. It is nice to see feedback from such an accomplished woman on the boards wink . Anyway, thanks again. Glad it was worth the wait. smile

Fabulous video!
MrsMosley, thanks again for commenting on another Lost Ducky Production wink

I love this song more than I have right to, and I'd always wanted to see a vid for it... my only problem was that I had so much more of a fic in my head than actual clips from the show! So, to be honest, I was a bit wary about watching this (while being FREAKIN' excited at the same time ). Had it been any other vidder but you (and save a few others), I might not have trusted enough to watch something for a favorite song of mine. (Is that okay to say? I don't mean to slight anyone else or imply they couldn't have done well!)
I had to comment on this first Krafty because when you say story and you say you're thinking about it. I smile1

~Lois Lane Wanna Be

"Live with intention.
Walk to the edge.
Listen Hard.
Practice wellness.
Play with abandon.
Laugh.
Choose with no regret.
Continue to learn.
Appreciate your friends.
Do what you love.
~Mary Anne Radmacher
#246704 01/24/07 09:19 AM
Features Writer
Features Writer
Lois Lane wanna be you rock i always wanted to that but my computer is not ready (yet) and thank you. i knew someone was going to do that. thank you. clap notworthy

I will and always be a big fan of Lois and Clark forever and forever.
#246705 01/25/07 07:37 AM
Columnist
Columnist
I love this video and I've seen Nickelback live last summer. Great act.

Song and the images fitted perfect.

Hope to see new videos soon because now you've got all 4 seasons. goofy

#246706 01/26/07 01:12 PM
T
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
T
Love the song (well, the verses more than the chorus). I hadn't thought of a LnC vid to it. I loved the "on my knees" with his proposal. Wedding is a classic ending to a vid, and it works very well here.

#246707 01/27/07 06:36 PM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Great vid!

~~Even heroes have the right to dream.~~
#246708 01/27/07 06:42 PM
Beat Reporter
OP Offline
Beat Reporter
Wow more comments? Thank you again!

I am glad you all liked it and found it amits the Motivational Posters.

lovesuper, tahu, tzigone, classicalla, you are the best. Glad you enjoyed it. smile

~Lois Lane Wanna Be

"Live with intention.
Walk to the edge.
Listen Hard.
Practice wellness.
Play with abandon.
Laugh.
Choose with no regret.
Continue to learn.
Appreciate your friends.
Do what you love.
~Mary Anne Radmacher
#246709 01/31/07 09:15 AM
Blogger
Blogger
I loved it! First L&C vid I ever watched and first time I've ever heard the song, and every single frame seemed to fit the song wonderfully! Thank you for making it and posting so that we could watch it! clap

#246710 02/05/07 12:38 PM
Beat Reporter
OP Offline
Beat Reporter
Thanks! Nice to see comments still! Glad you enjoyed it! smile

~Lois Lane Wanna Be

"Live with intention.
Walk to the edge.
Listen Hard.
Practice wellness.
Play with abandon.
Laugh.
Choose with no regret.
Continue to learn.
Appreciate your friends.
Do what you love.
~Mary Anne Radmacher
#246711 05/04/07 11:13 AM
Top Banana
Top Banana
I was sifting through the Productions TOC when I discovered this video. I'm so excited you did this song! I love it! I originally saw a music video to Pride and Prejudice with this song (incidentally it was the first one I ever saw, I was blown away by the sheer simple brilliance of putting scenes to music) lol and while I loved that one, I like this one even more. laugh Sorry the FDK is a little later, but I just wanted to let you know I think you did a wonderful job.

Laura

Thanks to CapeFetish for the awesome icon. smile
#246712 05/04/07 02:12 PM
M
Merriwether
Merriwether
M
I originally saw a music video to Pride and Prejudice with this song
Really???? Where, Laura? I would love to see that!

lisa in the sky with diamonds
#246713 05/04/07 04:11 PM
Top Banana
Top Banana
Oh! Lisa you'll love it. <I> loved it, lol. Let me see if I can find the link to it.

http://www.dreamvision-entertainment.com/dvw/videos/farawaywmv.zip

Okay, there it is. It's virus free, I've downloaded and watched it many times. goofy She has some other really good videos too. No Lois and Clark though, *sigh*. But I think you'll enjoy it. Let me know if the link doesn't work and I can email it to you or something.

Laura

Thanks to CapeFetish for the awesome icon. smile
#246714 05/04/07 09:41 PM
Columnist
Columnist
Ooh such a fabulous vid. The scenes you used are just perfect and the timing jawdrop I woudn't now where to begin, I loved it!!

"I have no regrets. If you regret things, then you're sort of stepping backwards.
I'm a believer in going forwards." ~Kate Winslet
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  KSaraSara 

Link Copied to Clipboard