Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#245218 10/28/06 05:37 PM
Matrix Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Hello everyone!

Well, it's as I feared... once my vid muse showed up and tried her hand at an FFT, she decided to stick around and do a music vid too (ran my writing muse off - she's not real happy with me right now - oh well...) And of course she would have to be difficult and expect me to do a "story" music vid... or at least, I tried - It's set during the end of season 1.

This vid is What Hurts The Most by Rascal Flatts. I'm normally not a *country* girl, but Rascal Flatts isn't tried and true country. The rock stations where I live are playing this song on the radio, so maybe you've heard it.

If you're expecting a sweet, waffy vid maybe you should read the song title again, here, I'll re-type it: What *Hurts* The Most. The gray sections are of course flashbacks.

I was actually inspired to make this video after reading doublel's fic "Tainted Love" - no link because it's in nfic. This vid would sort of preceed her fic. So doublel, if I'm gonna dedicate this vid to anyone it would be to you - oh, and to my hubby who helped point out the sections with "good beats" and encouraged me to be brave and take advantage of them.

I tried...

Hope you enjoy!

-- MR angel-devil

Oh and p.s. if you don't have a fast connection and need a smaller file, I posted a scaled down version at the archives here

*****EDITED*****

Hi Andie Anderson! I'm sorry, I didn't see that you had made a vid for this song until just now when I uploaded mine to the vid archives - I saw yours in the list and went "whoops". Well at least they're completely different... and I loved your vid btw! Wonderful! I loved the part where he slammed the phone down. We both took advantage of those "beats". laugh

If you haven't seen Andie's vid, go check it out - I found the link to her post: Andie\'s Version

Smile and the world smiles with you ... frown and you're just giving yourself wrinkles.
Columnist
Columnist
Wow...that was beautiful! Incredibly sad but absolutely wonderful! The way you fit the scenes in with the music was perfect. I especially liked how you incorporated the flashbacks into the scene of Clark getting out of Lois' "new car". Perfect! thumbsup

~Kristen

Joey: If he doesn't like you, then this is all just a moo point.
Rachel: A moo point?
Joey: Yeah, it's like a cow's opinion, you know, it just doesn't matter. It's "moo."
Rachel: Have I been living with him for too long, or did that all just make sense?
Columnist
Columnist
Oh I love the Rascal Flatts especially "I feel bad" and "bless the broken road". Can't wait to see your video.

Had problems with the download but I am off to watch it now and will be back to give you some feedback.

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
aaaawwwwwwww!!!!!

I've been going "aaaww!" so often and so loudly, my boyfriend thought something was wrong. LOL!

This is such a wonderful video! I love that you left the audio when Clark says "Goodbye Lois". And I SO love this song, I have that on my list of songs that I listen to on repeat when I write, actually.

Thank you so much for sharing this with us! Great work!!!

Superman: Why is it that good villains never die?
Batman: Clark, what the hell are good villains?
=> Superman/Batman: Public Enemies
M
Merriwether
Merriwether
M
The vid muse stikes again! smile1

DJ, this was lovely, lovely, lovely.

lisa in the sky with diamonds
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
MR, this vid was absolutely fabulous!

I got to know and love this song when I watched Andie's vid some months ago and so I had pretty high expectations - and you fulfilled them in every way!

it's hard to force that smile - this scene from Perry's retirement party was perfect!
gettin' up, hittin' dressed - yeah, you know, it matches great
and watching you walk away - I'm absolutely stunned how well the scenes fit, especially Lois walking down the aisle

You did a great job thumbsup

Jana

"Maybe I know what it's like, trying to find fulfillment in the wrong person. Trying to fit into the mold others expect of you."

"Looking for love" by DC Lady
Matrix Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Ooooh! Look at all the yummy fdk! drool

Thank you so much everyone! I'm so glad you liked it.

Hi Kristen --

Beautiful... Wonderful... Perfect??? WOW! Thank you so much!!! Wow!

I'm glad you liked the "kissing" flashbacks, I had a hard time picking what scenes I wanted to use for the "beat" flashbacks.

Thanks Kristen!

Hello Pamela!

I hope you were able to get the download to work... Did you see the link to the vid archive? Maybe you can get it there if you can't get the other one. I'm anxiously waiting for your feedback.

Lara! Your poor boyfriend! Don't worry, my husband does the same thing to me... hee hee.

Glad you liked the words at the end - and I LOVE this song too. I didn't realize it had been out for so long (I don't normally listen to country) but as soon as I heard it, I knew I wanted to do a vid to it. Thanks for the fdk!!!

Thanks Lisa! A threepeat! "Lovely, lovely, lovely" -- yippee!!! Thanks!

Hi Jana!

I know, I was worried about putting my vid out there once I realized Andie had already done one for this song, but when I saw how different they were, I decided to take the risk... but "absolutely fabulous"? Wow! Thanks. And yes, it's hard to go up against an experienced vidder like Andie... I'm glad I met your expectations.

Thanks for picking out those scenes I used and glad you liked them.

Thank you!

Thanks everyone!!!

-- MR angel-devil

Smile and the world smiles with you ... frown and you're just giving yourself wrinkles.
J
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
J
My daughter and I just watched this and loved it. Beautiful!

Julie (& Elizabeth)

Columnist
Columnist
Well, Well, Well!!! shock

Look at you! This vid was very sad, and I'm glad I watched it. Don't ever forget the beats! I love beats. <g>

You did a very good job. I loved the whole thing, Liked the effects too, on how it blended with the ending scene. Hope to see more from you!

Rach laugh

Me: what are you looking at *Snatches pic* OMFG! Dean smeared in peanut butter?! WTF?!
Sara: LMAO it was chocolate!! smeared in chocolate!
Me: LMFAO chocolate smeared in chocolate!
Sara: LMAO the *chocolate* isn't smeared in chocolate!
Me: that's the way i read it. was trying to picture chocolate smeared in chocolate
Sara: ROTFLMAO
Freelance Reporter
Freelance Reporter
I adore this song!!!
Your video is so sad but I like this arc of the story! And the video's end is beautiful!

CLARK: I hated not being able to tell you. I mean, you think it was easy watching you swoon over Superman and ignore me?
LOIS: That doesn't make any sense! You are Superman!
CLARK: No, Superman is what I can do, but Clark is who I am...
Matrix Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Hi Julie! Thanks! I'm so glad you liked it - *and* your daughter. laugh How fun!

Rachel! Woo-hoo! I garnered comments from the Evil Queen of Vids herself. How exciting. wink Glad you loved it. Yes, I kept telling myself that I had to do something with those beats - I love your use of beats in your vids. Glad I was able to pull it off. Thanks for the encouraging comments.

Oh, and um... just when are you posting a new vid? I know there are several living on your harddrive - close to being finished. goofy

Thanks again everyone! You made my day!!!

-- MR angel-devil

M
Merriwether
Merriwether
M
Days later and this song is still stuck in my head...

cool

Columnist
Columnist
So finally I was able to see it.

Oh it fitted the song perfect and the "goodbye Lois" made me want to hug Clark. Loved it and I hope to see more videos of you.

I've started reading FB again and watched your trailer yesterday again. Love your work.

Top Banana
Top Banana
That was awesome...and oh the end..."Bye, Lois". Brava! hail

I'm a firm believer in the fact that God doesn't put any more on us than we can bear. He does however make us come to Jesus every so often.
Matrix Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Oh wow! Thanks guys!

Lisa! Wow - days later and it's still in your head? Thanks.

Pamela, I'm so glad you finally got a chance to watch it and I'm glad you loved it. I have one up my sleeve that I might start working on...

Oh and thanks for the comments on my trailer. You made my day. blush

Hi Sheila! Thanks for the fdk. "Awesome"? Oh, thank you!

You all are wonderful. Thank you!

-- MR angel-devil

Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
As you know from my other stuff I am a big Rascel Flatts fan

Little late I know but well done! You are truly becoming a video exdrodinar! (sp?)

Sorry I haven't been able to do the same but hopefully soon...

~Lois Lane Wanna Be

"Live with intention.
Walk to the edge.
Listen Hard.
Practice wellness.
Play with abandon.
Laugh.
Choose with no regret.
Continue to learn.
Appreciate your friends.
Do what you love.
Live as if this is all there is."
~Mary Anne Radmacher
Matrix Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Oh Kelly! Thank you so much... I'm glad you liked it. I've really got to see if there's a way I can get Rachel to share some of her trade secrets with me. Her "beats" are always awesome. I tried... and I'm pretty happy with what I was able to do as an amateur - it's hard work getting that timing down. dizzy

I am SO looking forward to your new vids (especially "Far Away")... Season 4 comes out next Tuesday... and then I'll really be hounding you (you won't have "I'm waiting for Season 4 DVD's" to use as a crutch then - the guys with pointy sticks will be coming out wildguy )

Thanks again!

-- MR angel-devil

<DJ - who still drools over her trailer - thank you Kelly>

Columnist
Columnist
I've really got to see if there's a way I can get Rachel to share some of her trade secrets with me. Her "beats" are always awesome. I tried... and I'm pretty happy with what I was able to do as an amateur - it's hard work getting that timing down.
Wanna know the secret? Come closer...no closer...*Bites you* <G>

Your video is perfect just the way it is. Don't sell yourself short. I love your vids, and your stories.

Practice makes perfect...well sometimes. Mine doesn't always turn out alright. But it's the way I wanted It, Or the way I saw It.

So just keep on pushing out those vids, and stories. And have fun.

Btw, Whens the next one? <eg>

Rach laugh

Me: what are you looking at *Snatches pic* OMFG! Dean smeared in peanut butter?! WTF?!
Sara: LMAO it was chocolate!! smeared in chocolate!
Me: LMFAO chocolate smeared in chocolate!
Sara: LMAO the *chocolate* isn't smeared in chocolate!
Me: that's the way i read it. was trying to picture chocolate smeared in chocolate
Sara: ROTFLMAO
Matrix Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Next one? Sheesh! thud

Don't I get any time off for good behavior? wink

Hee hee.

I'm going to steal Kelly's excuse and say that I'm waiting for the season 4 DVD's to come out. I don't have any season 4 clips - so maybe by the time I get the DVDs, I'll get inspired.

Thanks Rach!

-- DJ angel-devil

Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Don't I get any time off for good behavior? [Wink]
/me raises an eyebrow. Posting evil cliffhangers over in Fanfic counts as good behaviour now, does it?

Hah!

I. Think. Not!

LabRat smile

Athos: If you'd told us what you were doing, we might have been able to plan this properly.
Aramis: Yes, sorry.
Athos: No, no, by all means, let's keep things suicidal.

The Musketeers
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
I'm going to steal Kelly's excuse and say that I'm waiting for the season 4 DVD's to come out. I don't have any season 4 clips - so maybe by the time I get the DVDs, I'll get inspired.
It is true lol laugh :rolleyes:

I am even borrowing my friends car to go get it! lol

The excuse only works for me but I'll let you borrow it.

Great video again and I sent a message back to you. wink

~Lois Lane Wanna Be

"Live with intention.
Walk to the edge.
Listen Hard.
Practice wellness.
Play with abandon.
Laugh.
Choose with no regret.
Continue to learn.
Appreciate your friends.
Do what you love.
Live as if this is all there is."
~Mary Anne Radmacher
J
Merriwether
Merriwether
J
Ok, WOW! I just watched it 3 times and I've got tears in my eyes. Beautifully done, DJ!

Jackie

Superman: I hear you've been looking for me.
Lois: All my life.
Matrix Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
/me raises an eyebrow. Posting evil cliffhangers over in Fanfic counts as good behaviour now, does it?

Hah!

I. Think. Not!
blush <Bad muse, bad. Go sit in the corner.>

Thanks again Kelly!

Hi Jackiek. 3 times? Really? And tears? dance <DJ does happy dance - mission accomplished> Hee hee. Thanks Jackie!

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Ah, DJ, you are so talented. You write and do vids, too. Have you done one for Supermen United? If not then you better get to it! (Yes, I know what I'm asking... giggles.)

~~Even heroes have the right to dream.~~
Matrix Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Awww! Thanks Nancy! You're too sweet!

But my grief! A girl does have to sleep you know...

Plus, I just got my season 4 DVD's 2 days ago... and I haven't even gotten my Superman Returns HD DVD yet...

So at this point - no trailer is yet possible. And I loaned my original Superman I & II to a friend (who hasn't given them back yet) so I don't have the movies I need in order to extract the clips I want.

Also, I wasn't sure how *kosher* it would be to make a trailer for your own story. I do sort of have an idea for one... but I didn't want to... you know... have anyone look at me strange for making a trailer for my own story.

But since you and someone else (was it Lisa?) both asked me to make one for it - maybe that makes it okay - I'll just blame it on the two of you. :-)

I'll see what I can come up with - but it'll be December at least - I have to wait for my SR DVD.

Thanks Nancy! Glad you liked it!

-- MR angel-devil

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Why not? I'm currently doing a beta for someone that has done their own trailer.

~~Even heroes have the right to dream.~~
M
Merriwether
Merriwether
M
But since you and someone else (was it Lisa?) both asked me to make one for it - maybe that makes it okay - I'll just blame it on the two of you. :-)
I'll gladly take the blame if it means your vid muse will come out to play again! laugh

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  KSaraSara 

Link Copied to Clipboard