K
Boards Chief Administrator
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
K
All right guys... I'm stumped.

Can anyone think of a clip in which Clark is winking?

Sara smile

Kerth nominations are opening on March 3!
🏆2024 Kerth Award Posts 🏆.

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, the show, life, and more!

You can also find me on Tumblr and AO3.

#244825 08/31/06 01:34 AM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Does he wink in that scene where he and Jimmy and Perry are smoking cigars in Lois's daydream? I think the episode is "Chi of Steel" - when they are saying "Women"...

Kind of a silly scene but I was thinking maybe he winked in it... or maybe not. confused

I'll think some more...

Smile and the world smiles with you ... frown and you're just giving yourself wrinkles.
#244826 08/31/06 04:16 AM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
I just watched the Pilot and Man of Steel Bars. I'm pretty sure I remember a wink in one of them.
Oh, and I've got to say I was pretty excited - the tape I watched of the Pilot was the one I recorded when the show aired the very first time. Yippee. (I just located it so I was pretty happy...)

~~Even heroes have the right to dream.~~
#244827 08/31/06 05:49 AM
Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
I definitely remember at least one wink. Trouble is, I can't for the life of me remember which episode it was in.

Bother. That's going to bug the heck out of me now. I can see it so clearly in my mind. For some reason, I think it's when they're both at the DP.

Yes, I know. That was very helpful. laugh

Hope someone comes up with the answer soon. If only to save me the frustration. goofy

LabRat smile

Athos: If you'd told us what you were doing, we might have been able to plan this properly.
Aramis: Yes, sorry.
Athos: No, no, by all means, let's keep things suicidal.

The Musketeers
#244828 08/31/06 08:32 AM
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Pff I remember something like that too, LabRat.. Now the next three days that wink will be the only thing I'll be able to think about.. goofy

I love the smell of fear in the newsroom.
#244829 08/31/06 03:23 PM
K
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
K
Thanks for the ideas of where to look, guys! I'll be doing that later tonight. smile

Lab and Selinde? I do this ALL the time, where I'd swear I know I saw something... only most of the time I'll realise that it's a mental image I have in my head from reading so much fanfic, and the clip never existed in the first place. *sigh*

Sara smile

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, the show, life, and more!

#244830 08/31/06 07:30 PM
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
You might have already tried the scripts but nevertheless I have an idea:

'Twas the Night Before Mxymas

When you look for "wink", you'll find:

he SUPER HEARS PANIC IN PROGRESS, underscored by a BANK ALARM. He tries to hide it, but she can sense these things by now. She pulls back.
LOIS (CONT'D) That better be sleigh bells you're hearing...
CLARK Bank alarm.
LOIS Great. I can only think of one other guy who works on Christmas Eve. _Go_.

They hold the look for a beat. He smiles, winks, moves to...

Well, I haven't seen the scene (and can't remember at all) as I don't have S4 but maybe it works - but I keep searching wink

Bye,

Jana

PS: I just read about Clark winking in IASWAA, so I had a look at it. But it's only in the scripts, he doesn't do it in the show.
But it was nice to have a look at it, though, cause, well, it's him wearing nothing but a towel laugh (okay, and a tooth brush, but even THAT can be pretty sexy, it's strange...).
That's how a morning should start smile (it's quarter to nine here)

"Maybe I know what it's like, trying to find fulfillment in the wrong person. Trying to fit into the mold others expect of you."

"Looking for love" by DC Lady
#244831 08/31/06 11:58 PM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Oh! Oh! Schnuffichen gave me a notion. Does he wink at her when they're playing strip poker in Lethal Weapon?

Actually, S4 is probably your best best, I think. Lots more winking opportunities when they're married. goofy

LabRat smile

Athos: If you'd told us what you were doing, we might have been able to plan this properly.

The Musketeers
#244832 09/01/06 04:53 AM
Features Writer
Features Writer
Does he wink at her when they're playing strip poker in Lethal Weapon?
Yes! The close-up on Clark's face as he does this was what I kept picturing in my head last night when I read this thread, but I couldn't get a grasp of the rest of the scene. Thanks, Labby!

And I checked the Mxymas scene too. There was a wink in the script, but not the way they filmed it.

Kathy

"Our thoughts form the universe. They always matter." - Babylon 5
#244833 09/01/06 05:02 AM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Yeah! A wink has been found...

I wonder if that's the wink I was remembering too... I just remembered it had something to do with him playing poker - but I thought it was poker from Lois's dream when they were smoking cigars...

So, yeah! There you have it Sara!

BTW - just what are you planning to do with this little clip? Hmmmm? Is there a new music vid in our futures?

dance

Smile and the world smiles with you ... frown and you're just giving yourself wrinkles.
#244834 09/02/06 01:59 AM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Yay! Course...it's not the wink in my mind's eye. In that one, I'm still convinced they're at the DP. Clark is - perhaps - straightening his tie....?

LabRat smile

The Musketeers
#244835 09/02/06 02:28 AM
T
Freelance Reporter
Freelance Reporter
T
There's also a small wink at the end of Soulmates when Lois comes out with the black teddy.

Tayryn

#244836 09/02/06 05:44 AM
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Originally posted by LabRat:
Clark is - perhaps - straightening his tie....?
Which is indeed something, he doesn't do too often, right? laugh

But yeah, I know what you mean, I can think of hundreds of situation where I think he must have blinked but I haven't found one by now frown

But I'm on it wink

Bye,

Jana

"Maybe I know what it's like, trying to find fulfillment in the wrong person. Trying to fit into the mold others expect of you."

#244837 09/02/06 06:01 AM
J
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
J
What about Super Mann? Lois asks Clark something along the lines of if he understands every language. And he answers that sometimes he has trouble understanding her. And I think he COULD have winked right there, but I'm really not sure confused

#244838 09/02/06 06:14 AM
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
No, Julia, no winking at that point - I just had a look at it cause I also thought it might be a good point.
He's just grinning and looking to down to her - so eben it there was a wink, we'd not see it.

[Linked Image]

Bye,

Jana

#244839 09/03/06 05:33 PM
K
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
K
Thank you guys so much!! I can't say what this was for righ tnow, but hopefully you'll know soon enough. devil

Sara smile

Moderated by  KSaraSara 

Link Copied to Clipboard