Next Thread
Print Thread
M
Hack from Nowheresville
OP Offline
Hack from Nowheresville
M
OMG, this has been driving me crazy ALL WEEK:

What are the instrumental songs used in "FTGG" by Pelican, "Rage", and "An Affair to Remember" (I can't find a song called "Relaxing Piano" by Jim Brickman) b/c I am FLIPPIN' OBSESSED with them!!!

Also, D***! these trailers are good! Seriously, I sent them to non-LnC fans just because I was so blown away, I had to share.

Pelican...you are the IT girl! When I see the Pelican at the beginning of a trailer, honestly, it's like seeing PIXAR or something. Your trailers are just SO GOOD! I love, love, love them!!!

K
Boards Chief Administrator
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
K
What are the instrumental songs used in "FTGG" by Pelican, "Rage", and "An Affair to Remember" (I can't find a song called "Relaxing Piano" by Jim Brickman) b/c I am FLIPPIN' OBSESSED with them!!!
For Rage, I'm not sure what the first, instrumental song is, but I'll ask Pel in case she doesn't see this. The second song is "Bring Me To Life" by Evanescence.

As for An Affair to Remember... when I downloaded this song, that was the file name. It's a longer song, and the file didn't even complete. Kaylle brought to my attention that this didn't seem to be the name of the song... and we had a bear of a time trying to search for the real name of it. We're not even entirely sure it's by Jim Brickman, though, IMO, it sounds like him. I can send you what I do have of the song, but I'm afraid I can't offer more than that. frown Anyone else have any clues?

Pelican...you are the IT girl! When I see the Pelican at the beginning of a trailer, honestly, it's like seeing PIXAR or something. Your trailers are just SO GOOD! I love, love, love them!!!
I have to ditto this!! smile1

Sorry I couldn't help more.

Sara smile

Kerth nominations are opening on March 3!
🏆2024 Kerth Award Posts 🏆.

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, the show, life, and more!

You can also find me on Tumblr and AO3.

M
Hack from Nowheresville
OP Offline
Hack from Nowheresville
M
KSaraSara,

Thanks so much for replying! I would love to have any info you've got on finding out anything more about any of those songs. You're so lucky to have downloaded the one from David's video. I rarely buy music anymore, just listen to the songs I already have, and now, for the first time in 3 years, I'm considering buying music again b/c of these trailers and I can't find out what the songs are! Isn't it ironic? Thanks again for your help.

Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Mara, thank you, thank you, thank you for such a nice compliment, which really brought a smile to my lips, err beak, between the middle of a sixteen-hour-workday. Exhausted, but now grinning like an idiot <g> I'm glad trailers are still being watched smile

And, I'll admit I feel a twisted satisfaction every time someone asks about film scores <g>, something I've obsessed about since I was twelve, so.. no wonder I'm rushing off to explain this as fast as posible. wink

Anyway, the scores to "Rage", are from the movie "Flatliners" ('A Good Day to Die' and 'Flashback - Third Expedition'), and was composed by James Newton Howard.

In "For the Greater Good", I used the same opening theme as the movie "The Day After Tomorrow" ('The Day After Tomorrow'), composed by Harald Kloser (my jogging soundtrack wink ) What follows is Hans Zimmer's intense 'Outburst of Rage' from the movie "Black Rain".

Hope this is what you were looking for smile

Warmly,
Pelican

Such a little thing really, a kiss...most people don't give it a moment's consideration. They kiss on meeting, they kiss on parting, that simple touching of flesh is taken entirely for granted as a basic human right.

Susan Kay
Features Writer
Features Writer
Sara,

Can you give more information about how you downloaded the song (if you remember)? smile When was the download, was it from a website, or using some software, was the part on the trailer what you downloaded, or is it much less than the file you have?

Thanks,

malu wave

K
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
K
"Relaxing- Piano- Jim Brickman- Mood music.mp3"

This is the file name of the song, which I downloaded on WinMX many months ago. It's 5:37 mins long, and it cuts off at the end, so I know it's not a complete file.

I just looked on LimeWire and found *several* files with this name or something terribly similar. Most all of them are also 5:37 mins. I did find one that was 6:04, with a file name of "Calm and Classical - Jim Brickman - Relaxing Piano Mood Music.mp3" Blissfully, this is the complete song... now we just have to figure out if this is the correct title and artist. dizzy I'm a fan of Brickman, not so much an afficianado, but I feel comfortable in saying it's most likely him.

I remember Kaylle was going through iTunes trying to find it without any luck. I looked through all of Jim Brickman's albums on Amazon.com and listened to all the sample clips available, but couldn't find it. Maybe this is one of those rare ones. huh

Hope this helps a bit more. smile

You're so lucky to have downloaded the one from David's video.
I made David's trailer, so I got to choose this music. smile

Sara

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, the show, life, and more!

M
Hack from Nowheresville
OP Offline
Hack from Nowheresville
M
Oh my gosh, you guys don't know how much less crazy you've just made me. Thank you!

PS: Sara, I'm sorry. I didn't realize you were the amazing director that did that piece. My apologies and accolades to you. I love the use of silence as a rule, so the fact that no one speaks in this trailer makes it that much more awesome, imo.

And Pelican, if you weren't clearly a genius, I'd be weirded out by the fact that you like to make nutsos like me crazier by withholding the clearly amazing song info. But you're so cool, I forgive you. wink

Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
On the subject.

Could anyone tell me what is the first track in Yellow Fever, all the tracks in a Dark Time and Purity.

I do know you, and I know you wouldn't lie... at least to me...most of the time...
K
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
K
Thanks for the compliment, Mara!! smile

Arawn -

Pelican did the awesome trailer for Yellow Fever - "Summer Overture" by Clint Mansell & Kronos Quartet from Requiem for a Dream soundtrack

In A Dark Time (shame on me I had to look up my own goofy )- the first is the theme from the movie Outbreak, by James Newton Howard. Second is the "Romeo and Juliet Love Theme" by Henry Mancini

Purity was done by Aria, who said in her post: The song on the base track is Nara, by E.S. Posthumus.

Hope that helps!! smile

Sara smile

Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Thank you KSaraSara,

Really interesting.
I don't gush so well by this boards standard. but lets see what I can do. hyper laugh

It's really irritaing not knowing. I thought I was rather well versed in mood pieces of this kind, but evidently not.

I do know you, and I know you wouldn't lie... at least to me...most of the time...
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Thank you KSaraSara,

Really interesting.
I don't gush so well by this boards standard. but lets see what I can do.

It's really irritaing not knowing. I thought I was rather well versed in mood pieces of this kind, but evidently not.
Arawn, thank you for taking an interest. As soon as I go back to making trailers (I haven't made any for a long time because of a computer crash, which also caused that I was unable o "publish" the ones I had finished, which were quite a few - but those come later), I will also make my own trailer site of some sorts. One of the things it will include will be a list of all the music I've used, as well as my comments on them. Others have their site with their fanfiction, comments, fun links etc., mine will be about trailers and all things that go with them wink

I'm a big, big fan of film scores, and I'm always pleased when someone shows an interest in just what music piece it is after hearing them in trailers. So, I'm hoping to do something about it a few months down the road smile

Pelican

Such a little thing really, a kiss...most people don't give it a moment's consideration. They kiss on meeting, they kiss on parting, that simple touching of flesh is taken entirely for granted as a basic human right.

Susan Kay

Moderated by  KSaraSara 

Link Copied to Clipboard