Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#243955 03/17/06 09:05 PM
Hack from Nowheresville
OP Offline
Hack from Nowheresville
I never thought I'd get up the patience to make one of these, but I've had this song on the brain for a while now, and finally decided to sit down and do something with it.

Please be forewarned that up until a few hours ago, I had never before opened Windows Movie Maker, much less attempted to make a music video. I realize that this is really rough. My apologies for that.

When I think of music videos in this fandom, my mind immediately goes to romantic/waffy ones of our Lois and our Clark, so it comes as a surprise to me, too, that this one is a somewhat downbeat AltClark one. But I guess it's okay because we all know that if we'd gotten a 5th season, he'd have found his Lois. wink

Without further ado, here's a video set to James Blunt's "You're Beautiful": Right-click/save as .

Chris
"Superman is a guy who's seen wonders we'll never see and Lois is to him, one of those wonders."
Features Writer
Features Writer
oh my god!!! this is brillant! thumbsup

MDL. laugh

"Work while you have the light. You are responsible for the talent that has been entrusted to you."
Columnist
Columnist
Great video. Matches the lyrics perfect.

I really like the idea of Alt-Clark and Lois, fits the meaning of the song.

Wow.

Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Nice video! I admit to being biased as I liked that song already. I also think that the "flying high" version is far more appropriate for this video, instead of the, uh, other one smile

Great choice with alt-Clark. I LOL'd when "she was with another man"...Herb goofy Great touch there. Also liked the interposition of the scenes when he sees Clark.

If this is your first, I can't wait to see what you do in the future!

**~~**

Swoosh --->
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Nice video, it is another different take. We are seeing more of these "different takes" more often then before, it is a nice change. Keep making more, and you are brave to have crossed into the movie making world. I am still debating it, but I do not want the stress of learning how. LOL. One day I am sure it will happen.

Thanks, Judy
Features Writer
Features Writer
Ooo, I liked this! I like the song, and have been trying to think what I can do, but I don't think I can find anything better. Alt-Clark! Oh, the whole thing just breaks my heart. Very wonderfully done I say =D

Mmm cheese.

I vid, therefor I am.

The hardest lesson is that love can be so fair to some, and so cruel to others. Even those who would be gods.

Anne Shirley: I'm glad you spell your name with a "K." Katherine with a "K" is so much more alluring than Catherine with a "C." A "C" always looks so smug.
Me: *cries*
Features Writer
Features Writer
aww thats so sweet blush clap

I will and always be a big fan of Lois and Clark forever and forever.
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Aw! Thats so cute! Hope you make lots more vids cause this one is pretty great! I always love alt-clark vids, poor guy.

In this life of froth and bubble,
Two things stand like stone.
Kindness in another's trouble,
Courage in your own.
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
I am literally in tears. :sniffle: That was so beautiful!! (no pun intended!) thumbsup You did an amazing job, poor alt-Clark ... it's just heartwrenching. clap Hope to see more from you real soon!! laugh

"A hero is an ordinary individual who finds the strength to persevere and endure in spite of overwhelming obstacles." Chris Reeve

"Whatever comes our way, whatever battle we have raging inside us, we always have a choice. It's the choices that make us who we are, and we can always choose to do what's right." Peter Parker

DON'T DOUBT THE ROUTH
Columnist
Columnist
Very different, and sweet. Keep up the good job!

Rach

Me: what are you looking at *Snatches pic* OMFG! Dean smeared in peanut butter?! WTF?!
Sara: LMAO it was chocolate!! smeared in chocolate!
Me: LMFAO chocolate smeared in chocolate!
Sara: LMAO the *chocolate* isn't smeared in chocolate!
Me: that's the way i read it. was trying to picture chocolate smeared in chocolate
Sara: ROTFLMAO
Hack from Nowheresville
OP Offline
Hack from Nowheresville
Thank you, everyone, for the kind words. smile

And heh, Capes, I hadn't originally planned the Herb thing, but was amused when it worked out that way. wink

it is another different take.
Oddly enough, the song felt completely Alt-Clark/Lois to me. It was interesting to see a different video with S1!Clark/Lois, though -- something that I hadn't thought about at all, but is also very fitting.

I'd encourage you to try it out if you're inspired by anything, Judy. I honestly did not know a *thing* about using WMM when I opened it, but everything is laid out clearly, and it's all very intuitive. You should be able to start making the video in no time.

Chris
"Superman is a guy who's seen wonders we'll never see and Lois is to him, one of those wonders."
T
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
T
Chris

This is wonderful. smile1 I thoroughly enjoyed it.

Tricia cool

Hack from Nowheresville
OP Offline
Hack from Nowheresville
Thanks so much for the feedback, Tricia. smile

Chris
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Ooooo thanks so much for this! It's great! Loved it!

Smile and the world smiles with you ... frown and you're just giving yourself wrinkles.
Kerth
Kerth
Chris!

Oh my gosh - I didn't realize you were the one who made this! To be fair, I first downloaded it at the end of April when I was still brand-new here and didn't know anyone.

My hard drive crashed last month and I've been slowly rebuilding the stuff I miss. I was thinking to myself today "What about that video to 'You're Beautiful' with the alt-Clark?" It was so delightfully angsty and full of unresolved sexual tension.

And, lo and behold, it was yours. Wow! Are you planning to do others? I don't know why you think it was rough - I thought it was fabulous. notworthy

Sue

Lois: You know, I have a funny feeling that you didn't tell me your biggest secret.

Clark: Well, just to put your little mind at ease, Lois, you're right.
Ides of Metropolis
Hack from Nowheresville
OP Offline
Hack from Nowheresville
Thanks, DJ.

And thank you, Sue. smile I'm glad you liked it.

There are about five songs I've been kicking around as possible music video tracks for a while now, and I can see the video clips that can go with them in my head, but the very thought of actually sitting down and putting everything together daunts me. Heh. I'm *way* too lazy, apparently. wink

Chris
J
Merriwether
Merriwether
J
Oh that was great and I love that song too!

Jackie

Superman: I hear you've been looking for me.
Lois: All my life.
Kerth
Kerth
Heh. I'm *way* too lazy, apparently.
How sharp a stick does it have to be? 'Cause I'll start working on one now...

wildguy

Lois: You know, I have a funny feeling that you didn't tell me your biggest secret.

Clark: Well, just to put your little mind at ease, Lois, you're right.
Ides of Metropolis
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
wildguy DJ follows closely behind Sue - lead the way Sue...

Smile and the world smiles with you ... frown and you're just giving yourself wrinkles.
Freelance Reporter
Freelance Reporter
Nice video!!!
good moments of LnC you picked
for the song!!! thumbsup
Loved,...thanx !!!!!

-xxx-
Lizz

Lois: Oh leave that truth and justice stuff to Superman would you?!
Lois&Clark *sight*
Lois: See, I knew I shouldn't have told you! But you're my partner right??
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  KSaraSara 

Link Copied to Clipboard