Lois & Clark Forums
Posted By: Incognito New MV: You're Beautiful - 03/18/06 01:05 AM
I never thought I'd get up the patience to make one of these, but I've had this song on the brain for a while now, and finally decided to sit down and do something with it.

Please be forewarned that up until a few hours ago, I had never before opened Windows Movie Maker, much less attempted to make a music video. I realize that this is really rough. My apologies for that.

When I think of music videos in this fandom, my mind immediately goes to romantic/waffy ones of our Lois and our Clark, so it comes as a surprise to me, too, that this one is a somewhat downbeat AltClark one. But I guess it's okay because we all know that if we'd gotten a 5th season, he'd have found his Lois. wink

Without further ado, here's a video set to James Blunt's "You're Beautiful": Right-click/save as .
Posted By: Mad Dog Lane Re: New MV: You're Beautiful - 03/18/06 09:08 AM
oh my god!!! this is brillant! thumbsup

MDL. laugh
Posted By: Tahu Re: New MV: You're Beautiful - 03/18/06 04:50 PM
Great video. Matches the lyrics perfect.

I really like the idea of Alt-Clark and Lois, fits the meaning of the song.

Wow.
Posted By: Capes Re: New MV: You're Beautiful - 03/18/06 05:46 PM
Nice video! I admit to being biased as I liked that song already. I also think that the "flying high" version is far more appropriate for this video, instead of the, uh, other one smile

Great choice with alt-Clark. I LOL'd when "she was with another man"...Herb goofy Great touch there. Also liked the interposition of the scenes when he sees Clark.

If this is your first, I can't wait to see what you do in the future!
Posted By: luvin_my_LnC Re: New MV: You're Beautiful - 03/18/06 08:50 PM
Nice video, it is another different take. We are seeing more of these "different takes" more often then before, it is a nice change. Keep making more, and you are brave to have crossed into the movie making world. I am still debating it, but I do not want the stress of learning how. LOL. One day I am sure it will happen.
Posted By: Catherine Bruce Re: New MV: You're Beautiful - 03/18/06 09:52 PM
Ooo, I liked this! I like the song, and have been trying to think what I can do, but I don't think I can find anything better. Alt-Clark! Oh, the whole thing just breaks my heart. Very wonderfully done I say =D
Posted By: lovesuper97 Re: New MV: You're Beautiful - 03/19/06 07:50 AM
aww thats so sweet blush clap
Posted By: JenniJac Re: New MV: You're Beautiful - 03/21/06 06:25 PM
Aw! Thats so cute! Hope you make lots more vids cause this one is pretty great! I always love alt-clark vids, poor guy.
Posted By: SuperGEM Re: New MV: You're Beautiful - 03/21/06 09:46 PM
I am literally in tears. :sniffle: That was so beautiful!! (no pun intended!) thumbsup You did an amazing job, poor alt-Clark ... it's just heartwrenching. clap Hope to see more from you real soon!! laugh
Posted By: Psychofurball Re: New MV: You're Beautiful - 03/24/06 12:47 AM
Very different, and sweet. Keep up the good job!

Rach
Posted By: Incognito Re: New MV: You're Beautiful - 03/29/06 04:29 PM
Thank you, everyone, for the kind words. smile

And heh, Capes, I hadn't originally planned the Herb thing, but was amused when it worked out that way. wink

it is another different take.
Oddly enough, the song felt completely Alt-Clark/Lois to me. It was interesting to see a different video with S1!Clark/Lois, though -- something that I hadn't thought about at all, but is also very fitting.

I'd encourage you to try it out if you're inspired by anything, Judy. I honestly did not know a *thing* about using WMM when I opened it, but everything is laid out clearly, and it's all very intuitive. You should be able to start making the video in no time.
Posted By: TriciaW Re: New MV: You're Beautiful - 04/01/06 10:45 PM
Chris

This is wonderful. smile1 I thoroughly enjoyed it.

Tricia cool
Posted By: Incognito Re: New MV: You're Beautiful - 04/07/06 04:05 PM
Thanks so much for the feedback, Tricia. smile
Posted By: Matrix Re: New MV: You're Beautiful - 04/08/06 03:37 PM
Ooooo thanks so much for this! It's great! Loved it!
Posted By: Sue S. Re: New MV: You're Beautiful - 06/26/06 04:06 PM
Chris!

Oh my gosh - I didn't realize you were the one who made this! To be fair, I first downloaded it at the end of April when I was still brand-new here and didn't know anyone.

My hard drive crashed last month and I've been slowly rebuilding the stuff I miss. I was thinking to myself today "What about that video to 'You're Beautiful' with the alt-Clark?" It was so delightfully angsty and full of unresolved sexual tension.

And, lo and behold, it was yours. Wow! Are you planning to do others? I don't know why you think it was rough - I thought it was fabulous. notworthy

Sue
Posted By: Incognito Re: New MV: You're Beautiful - 06/27/06 12:31 AM
Thanks, DJ.

And thank you, Sue. smile I'm glad you liked it.

There are about five songs I've been kicking around as possible music video tracks for a while now, and I can see the video clips that can go with them in my head, but the very thought of actually sitting down and putting everything together daunts me. Heh. I'm *way* too lazy, apparently. wink
Posted By: jackiek Re: New MV: You're Beautiful - 06/27/06 08:30 AM
Oh that was great and I love that song too!

Jackie
Posted By: Sue S. Re: New MV: You're Beautiful - 06/27/06 10:18 AM
Heh. I'm *way* too lazy, apparently.
How sharp a stick does it have to be? 'Cause I'll start working on one now...

wildguy
Posted By: Matrix Re: New MV: You're Beautiful - 06/27/06 11:24 AM
wildguy DJ follows closely behind Sue - lead the way Sue...
Posted By: XX-Lizz-XX Re: New MV: You're Beautiful - 05/19/07 05:29 AM
Nice video!!!
good moments of LnC you picked
for the song!!! thumbsup
Loved,...thanx !!!!!

-xxx-
Lizz
Posted By: Mrs. McLeod Re: New MV: You're Beautiful - 05/19/07 08:43 AM
nice LnC vid!!
Posted By: lcfan4ever Re: New MV: You're Beautiful - 05/19/07 01:15 PM
wow ... [Linked Image] ... that video is absolutely beautiful thumbsup
Posted By: Laura S Re: New MV: You're Beautiful - 05/19/07 01:40 PM
Aww! I <loved> that! What a great idea to put it with Alt-Clark. I wouldn't have thought of it, but yet now it seems so obvious and so perfect. I loved that song already and this just made me love it more. Great job!

Laura.
© Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards