Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#242395 07/19/05 06:55 PM
Columnist
OP Offline
Columnist
Hey FoLC's!!! hyper

Guess what? Yup! It's that time again. New video, ooooooooo. I want to thank wendy, for helping me with some stuff. If it wasn't for her, this vid would of never been. And I was suppose to hold this vid for ransom, but I was nagged by andie to release it. So the next vid, I am holding til wendy finishes "my" story! wink

Thank you to Andie, Sara, Laurie and David for viewing the vid for me. And there input. And thanks to everyone who leaves fdk. I really appreciate it.

Of course, this is dedicated to erica(wife) she would know why.

Video is called Paint It Black-By Gob

Enjoy! And Be Warned, This is a beat vid. <G>

Rach

Me: what are you looking at *Snatches pic* OMFG! Dean smeared in peanut butter?! WTF?!
Sara: LMAO it was chocolate!! smeared in chocolate!
Me: LMFAO chocolate smeared in chocolate!
Sara: LMAO the *chocolate* isn't smeared in chocolate!
Me: that's the way i read it. was trying to picture chocolate smeared in chocolate
Sara: ROTFLMAO
#242396 07/19/05 07:04 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
WHY YOU GUYS GOTTA DO THIS TO ME!! I'm gonna download this tomorrow...I LOVE THIS SONG...so I'm gonna download this tomorrow.

TEEEEEEJ

#242397 07/19/05 07:22 PM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Hey Rach. Ok first of all I really love that old Rolling Stones song. The new version is pretty good too and it fits with todays musical beat. Second the footage of Lex is great and right on que scene to scene. good editing. What I really like it the drum beat with the quick scenes in between. I think these work really well with the video concept. My favorite and scariest part is the end where lex is walking in a black suit and his face is over layed on top and they go in and out to the beat in quick sequence. It reminds me of a scene in the excorcist. Scariest scene in the movie for me of a white face on black ground that flashes very quickly to Tubular bells. Anyway the expression on John Sheas face is pure evil. He did some job in that role. Anyway I love it. Now as far as the black ending, I think it is a really cool idea to fade it all to black at the end. But that is just my 2 cents. Overall I give you A + for the video. (Would of got A++ if it had sex in it<g>) Laura

Clark: “If we can be born in an instant, and die in an instant, why can’t we fall in love in an instant?”

Caroline's "Stardust"
#242398 07/19/05 07:46 PM
Columnist
Columnist
OMG Rach!!! Wow!!!! eek That was absolutely incredible!

I have to agree with Laura that overlaying his face over him walking toward Clois was really really cool. The other part that I just loved was the scene from the end of PML on the tarmac. The way the scene flickered back and forth with Lois running toward Superman and them kissing was awesome.

I also loved the whole idea of Superman being the colors and Lex wants him "painted black." I'll bet the song writer never thought of it as an analogy between Superman and Lex Luthor, but it works SO perfectly. thumbsup

More, more, MORE!!! Soon!

~Anna

#242399 07/19/05 08:03 PM
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Again I am only one post behind Laura which might creep her out soon lol :p

Rachel, my girl, excellent video. Not enough Lex videos are done and when you do a "beat" video as you call it, you really capture the mood well. I love the flashing back and forth between scenes, that was really awsome (or hot as we say on the east coast lol) laugh .

Keep making great videos no matter what and know that I will always IM you with crazy stories or warm wishes smile

~Lois Lane Wanna Be

"Live with intention.
Walk to the edge.
Listen Hard.
Practice wellness.
Play with abandon.
Laugh.
Choose with no regret.
Continue to learn.
Appreciate your friends.
Do what you love.
Live as if this is all there is."
~Mary Anne Radmacher
#242400 07/19/05 08:30 PM
S
Blogger
Blogger
S
As I told you girly, utterly creepy, with those flashy remniscent horror scenes. Mostly the one with that secret military weapon thingy overlayed just before he shoots clark. And where Lex is comming back to life (of course that is creepy in and of itself your splice of it though....)

I fully blame you if i have Lexmares tonight ;-)

And you can be sure i will tell you when I do!

#242401 07/19/05 08:41 PM
Features Writer
Features Writer
goofy

"Work while you have the light. You are responsible for the talent that has been entrusted to you."
#242402 07/19/05 08:41 PM
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
WOOOT!!! You know I loved the vid Rach!

Guess my nagging paid off eh!?! Hmmmm maybe I should nag more often... notworthy notworthy

Again I cannot express how amazingly talented you are with these vids!! And this one just adds another notch to why I bow to you and call you the Queen!

Later Days!
Andie

Am I gay? I'm ECSTATIC!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Thanks Weisz and Rae for the Rockin Icon.
#242403 07/20/05 01:19 AM
P
Columnist
Columnist
P
WOW ! That video is absolutely FABULOUS ! You did a really great job !! Congratulations.

My favorite moment is when the clips are going in rythm with the battery. That's so quickly, we'll see the two scenes together with a flickering effect. It's really great !

And I agree with what had be said before. The face of Lex is absolutely evil in this scene. That's a genious part.

I LOVED IT.

#242404 07/20/05 08:31 AM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Well, I'm very glad that I helped you if it means that you'll make amazing videos like this, Rachel! clap

The song's not really my type of music, but I can see how well it fits the storyline here. And as for your 'beats' and lightning-fast richocheting between images to match the music... WHOA!! That is just so impressive! eek

More, more, more!!! wildguy

Wendy smile

Just a fly-by! *waves*
#242405 07/20/05 05:34 PM
Top Banana
Top Banana
So COOL!! cool cool

Great job, love that song and that version is very hip.

~Liz

Lois: Can I go?
Clark: No.
Lois: Oh come on, Clark, why do we go through this? We both know I’m going to go.
Clark: Then why do you ask?
Lois: I’m trying to be nice.
#242406 07/20/05 06:28 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
WHOOOOAAAH!! WOW that was cooooool!! How'd you do that? with the beats in the middle and pictures clicking together like that???? Wow, excellent editing and GREAT song choice...I love that song since I heard it as theme song on China Beach.

KICK A$$ video!! Well done! thumbsup

TEEEEEJ

#242407 07/20/05 08:05 PM
Features Writer
Features Writer
I love that song since I heard it as theme song on China Beach.
Really? I do know that it was used as the theme song to Tour of Duty, which was also on during the late 80's. And I wouldn't think that two shows of the era would use the same song, but I didn't watch China Beach often enough to remember...

Great song, great vid. Awesome job!

Kathy

"Our thoughts form the universe. They always matter." - Babylon 5
#242408 07/21/05 01:26 AM
D
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
D
Holy hell, Rach.

The finished version is absolutely amazing. In fact, it's f....reakin' awesome.

I know how hard the beats were in this song, and you did them perfectly. I'm just... wow. You're a God wink

notworthy

'I just kind of died for you;
You just kind of stared at me'
- Aurora, Foo Fighters
#242409 07/21/05 04:01 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
used as the theme song to Tour of Duty,
You may be right, I remember the show was about medics in Vietnam, and on Sunday nights. I'm old, I can barely remember the words to Gilligan's Island.

I do remember they used Paint it Black in the spooky movie with Kevin Bacon...and the title on that on escapes me as well.

I am smart enough to figure out that this video was rocking though. I really liked that in several scenes on the lyrics "Paint it Black" Luthor got the garishly colored Superman thrown right in his face. Extremely well edited! thumbsup

TEEEEJ

#242410 07/21/05 07:57 AM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Wow.

I'm not a Lex fan, and this isn't my kind of music, but wow. All those quick cuts were amazing, and very effective. You rock. notworthy

PJ

"You told me you weren't like other men," she said, shaking her head at him when the storm of laughter had passed.
He grinned at her - a goofy, Clark Kent kind of a grin. "I have a gift for understatement."
"You can say that again," she told him.
"I have a...."
"Oh, shut up."

--Stardust, Caroline K
#242411 07/21/05 08:15 AM
Top Banana
Top Banana
Absolutely amazing - those staccato clips match the music so well. You've captured Lex Luthor's essence.

c

#242412 07/21/05 09:23 AM
Columnist
OP Offline
Columnist
WOAH! eek Thank you everyone who post fdk. I Love to know what you guy's think. WOW! That's alot of fdk laugh YAY! And to answer your question tj

I do remember they used Paint it Black in the spooky movie with Kevin Bacon...and the title on that on escapes me as well.
This song is actually from the movie "Stir of echos" that's the movie you were thinking of. smile

Thanks for the fdk.

Rach

Me: what are you looking at *Snatches pic* OMFG! Dean smeared in peanut butter?! WTF?!
Sara: LMAO it was chocolate!! smeared in chocolate!
Me: LMFAO chocolate smeared in chocolate!
Sara: LMAO the *chocolate* isn't smeared in chocolate!
Me: that's the way i read it. was trying to picture chocolate smeared in chocolate
Sara: ROTFLMAO
#242413 07/22/05 03:55 AM
T
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
T
Rachel

WOW! This is superb. smile1

Tricia cool

#242414 07/28/05 01:36 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
EDIT: This user has been banned from our boards.

Elena
Boards Administrator

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  KSaraSara 

Link Copied to Clipboard