Lois & Clark Forums
Posted By: Psychofurball MV: Paint It Black - 07/19/05 10:55 PM
Hey FoLC's!!! hyper

Guess what? Yup! It's that time again. New video, ooooooooo. I want to thank wendy, for helping me with some stuff. If it wasn't for her, this vid would of never been. And I was suppose to hold this vid for ransom, but I was nagged by andie to release it. So the next vid, I am holding til wendy finishes "my" story! wink

Thank you to Andie, Sara, Laurie and David for viewing the vid for me. And there input. And thanks to everyone who leaves fdk. I really appreciate it.

Of course, this is dedicated to erica(wife) she would know why.

Video is called Paint It Black-By Gob

Enjoy! And Be Warned, This is a beat vid. <G>

Rach
Posted By: Anonymous Re: MV: Paint It Black - 07/19/05 11:04 PM
WHY YOU GUYS GOTTA DO THIS TO ME!! I'm gonna download this tomorrow...I LOVE THIS SONG...so I'm gonna download this tomorrow.

TEEEEEEJ
Posted By: Laurach Re: MV: Paint It Black - 07/19/05 11:22 PM
Hey Rach. Ok first of all I really love that old Rolling Stones song. The new version is pretty good too and it fits with todays musical beat. Second the footage of Lex is great and right on que scene to scene. good editing. What I really like it the drum beat with the quick scenes in between. I think these work really well with the video concept. My favorite and scariest part is the end where lex is walking in a black suit and his face is over layed on top and they go in and out to the beat in quick sequence. It reminds me of a scene in the excorcist. Scariest scene in the movie for me of a white face on black ground that flashes very quickly to Tubular bells. Anyway the expression on John Sheas face is pure evil. He did some job in that role. Anyway I love it. Now as far as the black ending, I think it is a really cool idea to fade it all to black at the end. But that is just my 2 cents. Overall I give you A + for the video. (Would of got A++ if it had sex in it<g>) Laura
Posted By: BanAnna Re: MV: Paint It Black - 07/19/05 11:46 PM
OMG Rach!!! Wow!!!! eek That was absolutely incredible!

I have to agree with Laura that overlaying his face over him walking toward Clois was really really cool. The other part that I just loved was the scene from the end of PML on the tarmac. The way the scene flickered back and forth with Lois running toward Superman and them kissing was awesome.

I also loved the whole idea of Superman being the colors and Lex wants him "painted black." I'll bet the song writer never thought of it as an analogy between Superman and Lex Luthor, but it works SO perfectly. thumbsup

More, more, MORE!!! Soon!

~Anna
Posted By: LoisLaneWannaBe Re: MV: Paint It Black - 07/20/05 12:03 AM
Again I am only one post behind Laura which might creep her out soon lol :p

Rachel, my girl, excellent video. Not enough Lex videos are done and when you do a "beat" video as you call it, you really capture the mood well. I love the flashing back and forth between scenes, that was really awsome (or hot as we say on the east coast lol) laugh .

Keep making great videos no matter what and know that I will always IM you with crazy stories or warm wishes smile

~Lois Lane Wanna Be
Posted By: silentsongbird Re: MV: Paint It Black - 07/20/05 12:30 AM
As I told you girly, utterly creepy, with those flashy remniscent horror scenes. Mostly the one with that secret military weapon thingy overlayed just before he shoots clark. And where Lex is comming back to life (of course that is creepy in and of itself your splice of it though....)

I fully blame you if i have Lexmares tonight ;-)

And you can be sure i will tell you when I do!
Posted By: Mad Dog Lane Re: MV: Paint It Black - 07/20/05 12:41 AM
goofy
Posted By: andieanderson1979 Re: MV: Paint It Black - 07/20/05 12:41 AM
WOOOT!!! You know I loved the vid Rach!

Guess my nagging paid off eh!?! Hmmmm maybe I should nag more often... notworthy notworthy

Again I cannot express how amazingly talented you are with these vids!! And this one just adds another notch to why I bow to you and call you the Queen!

Later Days!
Andie
Posted By: Poussin Re: MV: Paint It Black - 07/20/05 05:19 AM
WOW ! That video is absolutely FABULOUS ! You did a really great job !! Congratulations.

My favorite moment is when the clips are going in rythm with the battery. That's so quickly, we'll see the two scenes together with a flickering effect. It's really great !

And I agree with what had be said before. The face of Lex is absolutely evil in this scene. That's a genious part.

I LOVED IT.
Posted By: Wendymr Re: MV: Paint It Black - 07/20/05 12:31 PM
Well, I'm very glad that I helped you if it means that you'll make amazing videos like this, Rachel! clap

The song's not really my type of music, but I can see how well it fits the storyline here. And as for your 'beats' and lightning-fast richocheting between images to match the music... WHOA!! That is just so impressive! eek

More, more, more!!! wildguy

Wendy smile
Posted By: Supes1fan Re: MV: Paint It Black - 07/20/05 09:34 PM
So COOL!! cool cool

Great job, love that song and that version is very hip.

~Liz
Posted By: Anonymous Re: MV: Paint It Black - 07/20/05 10:28 PM
WHOOOOAAAH!! WOW that was cooooool!! How'd you do that? with the beats in the middle and pictures clicking together like that???? Wow, excellent editing and GREAT song choice...I love that song since I heard it as theme song on China Beach.

KICK A$$ video!! Well done! thumbsup

TEEEEEJ
Posted By: KathyM Re: MV: Paint It Black - 07/21/05 12:05 AM
I love that song since I heard it as theme song on China Beach.
Really? I do know that it was used as the theme song to Tour of Duty, which was also on during the late 80's. And I wouldn't think that two shows of the era would use the same song, but I didn't watch China Beach often enough to remember...

Great song, great vid. Awesome job!

Kathy
Posted By: Dave Re: MV: Paint It Black - 07/21/05 05:26 AM
Holy hell, Rach.

The finished version is absolutely amazing. In fact, it's f....reakin' awesome.

I know how hard the beats were in this song, and you did them perfectly. I'm just... wow. You're a God wink

notworthy
Posted By: Anonymous Re: MV: Paint It Black - 07/21/05 08:01 AM
used as the theme song to Tour of Duty,
You may be right, I remember the show was about medics in Vietnam, and on Sunday nights. I'm old, I can barely remember the words to Gilligan's Island.

I do remember they used Paint it Black in the spooky movie with Kevin Bacon...and the title on that on escapes me as well.

I am smart enough to figure out that this video was rocking though. I really liked that in several scenes on the lyrics "Paint it Black" Luthor got the garishly colored Superman thrown right in his face. Extremely well edited! thumbsup

TEEEEJ
Posted By: ChiefPam Re: MV: Paint It Black - 07/21/05 11:57 AM
Wow.

I'm not a Lex fan, and this isn't my kind of music, but wow. All those quick cuts were amazing, and very effective. You rock. notworthy

PJ
Posted By: ccmalo Re: MV: Paint It Black - 07/21/05 12:15 PM
Absolutely amazing - those staccato clips match the music so well. You've captured Lex Luthor's essence.

c
Posted By: Psychofurball Re: MV: Paint It Black - 07/21/05 01:23 PM
WOAH! eek Thank you everyone who post fdk. I Love to know what you guy's think. WOW! That's alot of fdk laugh YAY! And to answer your question tj

I do remember they used Paint it Black in the spooky movie with Kevin Bacon...and the title on that on escapes me as well.
This song is actually from the movie "Stir of echos" that's the movie you were thinking of. smile

Thanks for the fdk.

Rach
Posted By: TriciaW Re: MV: Paint It Black - 07/22/05 07:55 AM
Rachel

WOW! This is superb. smile1

Tricia cool
Posted By: Anonymous Re: MV: Paint It Black - 07/28/05 05:36 PM
EDIT: This user has been banned from our boards.

Elena
Boards Administrator
Posted By: Shadow Re: MV: Paint It Black - 07/28/05 06:47 PM
It can't top Halo for me, but that was still *killer*!

JD
Posted By: KSaraSara Re: MV: Paint It Black - 07/30/05 02:45 AM
OMG! How did I *not* fdk this one?! eek

Well, you already know what I think. I LOVE it! I'm seriously amazed at the beats. You know I've attempted that and it's just plain hard!!

What a comeback vid!!!

The Lex part is just creepy! And I love how you set it up so that you have one ongoing clip to set up the mood and pov, then beat to the other parts so it fills out the whole scene. Ingenius, really!

Can't wait for your next one!!! So... *cough* where is it? devil

Sara
Posted By: LabRat Re: MV: Paint It Black - 08/01/05 06:41 PM
Wow, Rach. Just have to add my admiration to everyone else's. This was terrific. The use of clips was so inventive and the effects were a superb added touch to create just the right atmosphere. Always liked this song. Great vid! thumbsup

LabRat smile
Posted By: mmmsquirrel Re: MV: Paint It Black - 08/01/05 08:40 PM
See this is what I was talking about thats right!! Rachel has a heart she's just "painted it black." I saw this one in Maine and Loved it. Forgot to fdk it. Ok I've been slacking but I've righted this problem. Have a good day!
jen
Posted By: JenniJac Re: MV: Paint It Black - 08/01/05 11:46 PM
Wow! That is SO amazing. You must have put so much hard work into this! The beats were awesome!

notworthy notworthy notworthy
Posted By: Psychofurball Re: MV: Paint It Black - 08/02/05 09:24 PM
Oooooooo, Many more comments! Thank you, Tricia, Jen, Sara, Labby, Jenny, and Jenni!!! And a huge thanks to Snackcakes...Uh I mean WTSnacks! Without your guy's comments I wouldn't continue making videos. I appreciate what you guy's say about them. THANKS!!!!!!

Rach laugh
© Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards