Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#240782 01/25/05 06:48 PM
Columnist
OP Offline
Columnist
Hello Friends,

I have another vid, WOO HOO! Now, This is not my kind of vid to make. It's a *Gasps* love song. Well, my friend sara, LOVES Waffy vids. So this is dedicated to her, Thank you sara for the encouragement to continue, even when I wanted to pull my hair out. laugh I also want to thank erica(my wife) on her comments when I showed her this. And Thank you everyone for watching my vids and leaving beautiful fdk.

The song is Viva forever and sung by the spice girls.
I'm also going to post a link for the lyrics, it's hard to understand, frist time you hear it.

Viva Forever lyrics
Viva Forever

Rach smile

Me: what are you looking at *Snatches pic* OMFG! Dean smeared in peanut butter?! WTF?!
Sara: LMAO it was chocolate!! smeared in chocolate!
Me: LMFAO chocolate smeared in chocolate!
Sara: LMAO the *chocolate* isn't smeared in chocolate!
Me: that's the way i read it. was trying to picture chocolate smeared in chocolate
Sara: ROTFLMAO
#240783 01/25/05 07:44 PM
K
Boards Chief Administrator
Pulitzer
Boards Chief Administrator
Pulitzer
K
Gah!!!! /me sobs... and drools... drool

LOVE LOVE LOVE the talking part!!! Just punches you right in the gut! *sigh* And the kissing montage!!!! Whooeee! drool I love the blurry black and white for memories and stuff!! Great job!!!

Sara (who thinks she needs a committee to help her force Rach into making more WaFFy vids!! evil )

Kerth nominations are opening on March 3!
๐Ÿ†2024 Kerth Award Posts ๐Ÿ†.

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, the show, life, and more!

You can also find me on Tumblr and AO3.

#240784 01/25/05 08:16 PM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Yay, new Rach vid! As usual, it's really cool! Wow. A non-painful (WAFFy, even), serious journey through the ARGH. Color me impressed.

Loved the B&W flashbacks. Is the blur fliter new? That's pretty cool.

Also, I really liked hearing those of clips during the musical interlude. Not something I can remember finding in a music video before, but it really works!

Great job, Rach!

From,

Your favorite spice boy. wink

When in doubt, think about penguins. It probably won't help, but at least it'll be fun.
#240785 01/26/05 02:06 AM
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
I really loved this vid, especially since I always loved this song!
It's great smile

In this life of froth and bubble,
Two things stand like stone.
Kindness in another's trouble,
Courage in your own.
#240786 01/26/05 02:54 AM
Top Banana
Top Banana
I adore the song, so when I saw you'd made a video with it I dropped everything to download it. And it was no disappointment! What a lovely choice of clips, and the talking part was pure genius! smile You'd almost make me watch to rewatch the ARGH. laugh

Kaethel smile

- I'm your partner. I'm your friend.
- Is that what we are?
- Oh, you know what? I don't know what we are. We kiss and then we never talk about it. We nearly die frozen in each other's arms, but we never talk about it, so no, I got no clue what we are.

~ Rick Castle and Kate Beckett ~ Knockout ~
#240787 01/26/05 02:59 PM
Top Banana
Top Banana
WOW! That was the best yet Rach!

Great job putting this together, I am a melted puddle on the floor..ooooohhhh those smoochies!

Nice song, I've never heard it before. I have a feeling I will be humming it for awhile.

Do more, do more!!

~Liz

Lois: Can I go?
Clark: No.
Lois: Oh come on, Clark, why do we go through this? We both know Iโ€™m going to go.
Clark: Then why do you ask?
Lois: Iโ€™m trying to be nice.
#240788 01/26/05 04:28 PM
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Amazing. Fantastic. It blew me away (again!). thumbsup

You always pick my favourite songs, and you always put exactly the perfect scenes with the perfect parts of the song! It was just unbelievably good, Rachel, great job!

Very touching. I had a wonderful time watching it.

Mirage (now a puddle) smile

Clark: You're really high maintenance, aren't you?

Lois: Yes, but I'm worth it!
#240789 01/27/05 04:49 AM
Features Writer
Features Writer
Hey Wife!!!

goofy )

"Work while you have the light. You are responsible for the talent that has been entrusted to you."
#240790 01/27/05 02:07 PM
Merriwether
Merriwether
Wow, that was wonderful, Rachel. I can't rewatch the "argh" because it's so painful, but your video condenses it all into one 3-4 minute bite. <g> Yours is much better than the real thing, LOL.

Fantastic job, as always. You really told a story in the way you put everything together. The black and white clips, and the dialogue from the show, added so much. Sad but beautiful.

Oh, and while I'd never heard the song before, I really liked it. Usually I have to watch a vid with a new song a few times before I like the song, but this one caught me right off. Nice choice. smile

Kathy

#240791 01/27/05 02:37 PM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Brilliant, Rachel! This is one of the very few Spice Girls songs which stands the test of time, I think; I love it, and this video is perfect for it. An excellent retelling of the Argh, so well done with the B/W flashbacks, the dialogue and the WAFFy finish. clap Great effects, too!

You should make more like this one... wink

Wendy smile

Just a fly-by! *waves*
#240792 01/27/05 04:06 PM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
RACHEL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Awesome girl! Wow I saw it a while back before you finished. The blur with the black and white is much better. It really is a nice effect! Also the sequence at the end with all the kissing scenes is great. The song works well with the images too. It turned out beautiful. Great job! Laura

Clark: โ€œIf we can be born in an instant, and die in an instant, why canโ€™t we fall in love in an instant?โ€

Caroline's "Stardust"
#240793 01/29/05 07:33 PM
Columnist
OP Offline
Columnist
Thank You everyone, For the lovely comments. I'm glad you guy's enjoyed it. And yes sara, I will make more waffys Just for you. Unless there are other people that want them. Thank you again, for the comments.

Rach

Me: what are you looking at *Snatches pic* OMFG! Dean smeared in peanut butter?! WTF?!
Me: that's the way i read it. was trying to picture chocolate smeared in chocolate
#240794 01/30/05 03:38 AM
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Great Job rachel!! This is one video I didn't know about in advance. You did a great job!!! I love the black and white parts! Now I'm off to listen to my spicegirls cd!
Jen

Tempus: Because you are, in a
word, looney toons!.

Inmate: Looney toons is two words.

Tempus: Not if you say it fast.
#240795 01/31/05 02:39 PM
Columnist
Columnist
hi

I love it.
I downloaded when you posted it but I just forgot to write comments,heheheeh, I lose my brain sometimes so please understand. :rolleyes:

You make great videos, I am your fan.

Karla

#240796 02/01/05 01:07 AM
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Hey, great vid! (I'm just discovering all these wonderful vids and trailers. 'Tis a most enjoyable experience wink ) I love the way the music and scenes went together. I never thought I'd say I like a Spice Girls song, but you made me like this one! Thanks for making the ARGH actually WAFFy -- I wouldn't have thought it was possible. hail

JM

"Some prices are just too high, no matter how much you may want the prize. The one thing you can't trade for your heart's desire is your heart."
--Lois McMaster Bujold, "Memory", 1996
#240797 02/05/05 01:24 AM
A
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
A
Beautiful...

I had almost forgotten, but this video reminded me of why I used to love L&C so much...

Thank you, Rach.
AnnaBtG.

What we've got here is failure to communicate...
#240798 02/05/05 07:35 AM
Columnist
OP Offline
Columnist
Thanks again, Jen, Karla, JM, and Anna.

I really enjoy what you guy's think. I'm glad you enjoyed the vid.

Rach

#240799 02/12/05 02:09 PM
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
WAHOOO!!!! Great Vid RACH!!! LOOOVED IT! I haven't heard that song in sooo long! I gasped along with you...a love song? Are you feeling alright? wink No but seriously, you did a great job!

Later Days!
Andie

Am I gay? I'm ECSTATIC!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Thanks Weisz and Rae for the Rockin Icon.

Moderated by  KSaraSara 

Link Copied to Clipboard