Next Thread
Print Thread
#240767 01/24/05 08:53 AM
Y
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
Y
I decided to stop complaing that no one ever makes a trailer for my stories, and made one of my own. Thanks Rach for showing me how to use Movie Maker, and thanks Annette for the episodes smile .

http://www.folcvideo.com/trailer/LetitSnow.wmv

Laura "The Yellow Dart" U. (Alicia U. on the archive)

"A hero is an ordinary individual who finds the strength to persevere and endure in spite of overwhelming obstacles." -- Christopher Reeve
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Yay!!!! A new trailer!!! smile1

Elena smile1

Edit: it's also been added to the newly updated trailers page along with its Real Video version. smile

Methos: "I'm easily amused."

(Indiscretions - Highlander: The Series)
K
Boards Chief Administrator
Pulitzer
Boards Chief Administrator
Pulitzer
K
/me jumps up and down smile1 Yay!!! I love trailers!!!!

goofy

Kerth nominations are opening on March 3!
๐Ÿ†2024 Kerth Award Posts ๐Ÿ†.

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, the show, life, and more!

You can also find me on Tumblr and AO3.

Top Banana
Top Banana
Loved this!!

And it goes to show you're multi-talented, Yellow Dart.

This is wonderful. Sweet, light-hearted, and fun. And good for you for doing it yourself. If I could, I would, believe me!

CC

You mean we're supposed to have lives?

Oh crap!

~Tank
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Aww... that was great smile Nice to remember the episode, and now I'm off to re-read the story, 'cause I remember really enjoying it the first time through smile

PJ

"You told me you weren't like other men," she said, shaking her head at him when the storm of laughter had passed.
He grinned at her - a goofy, Clark Kent kind of a grin. "I have a gift for understatement."
"You can say that again," she told him.
"I have a...."
"Oh, shut up."

--Stardust, Caroline K
Top Banana
Top Banana
Well I HATE snow (18 inches dumped on you at once will do that) but I loved this trailer!

Great job!

~Liz

Lois: Can I go?
Clark: No.
Lois: Oh come on, Clark, why do we go through this? We both know Iโ€™m going to go.
Clark: Then why do you ask?
Lois: Iโ€™m trying to be nice.
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Aw Laura that was great! Very cute video. It made me go AWWWWWW!. Laura

Clark: โ€œIf we can be born in an instant, and die in an instant, why canโ€™t we fall in love in an instant?โ€

Caroline's "Stardust"
Blogger
Blogger
Really nice trailer!
Thank you so much! hyper

Columnist
Columnist
Aww cute trailer, I loved it. hyper Good job!

Rach laugh

Me: what are you looking at *Snatches pic* OMFG! Dean smeared in peanut butter?! WTF?!
Sara: LMAO it was chocolate!! smeared in chocolate!
Me: LMFAO chocolate smeared in chocolate!
Sara: LMAO the *chocolate* isn't smeared in chocolate!
Me: that's the way i read it. was trying to picture chocolate smeared in chocolate
Sara: ROTFLMAO
Merriwether
Merriwether
Yay, that was so fun! Loved the music, loved the clips, loved the traiiler text. I watched the whole thing with a big old smile on my face. (Gee, thanks a lot, now my cheeks hurt. <g>)

Delightful, Laura! Makes me want to make trailers for my own stories, too. smile

Kathy

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Lovely, Laura! Haven't seen a trailer or video in weeks, and this is the first one I downloaded. You've done a great job and reminded me just how much I love your Snow series (which reminds me, why isn't Snow, Man on the list at the end?).

Well done! thumbsup

Wendy smile

Just a fly-by! *waves*
T
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
T
Laura

WOW, a wonderful trailer! smile1 You'll have to make more now. wink

Tricia cool

Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Awwwwwww. WAFFy, Laura. Now I have something else to get me in the Christmas mood each year. thumbsup

Delightful, Laura! Makes me want to make trailers for my own stories, too.
Go for it, Kathy! And good idea, Laura. With 2,000 plus stories in this fandom, it's going to be a long time before every author is visited. Let's have a trailer blitz! <g> It's such a great way of introducing new readers to some great fic. So why shouldn't authors do their own and save us all some time? clap

Athos: If you'd told us what you were doing, we might have been able to plan this properly.
Aramis: Yes, sorry.
Athos: No, no, by all means, let's keep things suicidal.

The Musketeers
Features Writer
Features Writer
Laura!!! smile1

Now you have to make some more goofy

"Work while you have the light. You are responsible for the talent that has been entrusted to you."
Y
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
Y
Thank you, everyone, for your wonderful comments. smile1 smile1 smile1 I know it was a little unorthadox for an author to do a trailer for their own story, but I really admit that I love my Let it Snow series better than all of my other stories, and I really wanted to try to make a trailer. After making this trailer, I've even started to want to listen to more of Jessica Simpson's songs -- and even watch Newlyweds. (Oh, I forgot to say that the song I used was her version of 'Let it Snow, Let it Snow, Let it Snow').

Just responding to a few comments -- sorry for not responding to all of them, but it is really late and I have to get up early in the morning, and I still haven't started studying for the final exam I have to take in the morning to correct my incomplete from last semester . . .

Liz: 18 inchest of snow?? YUCK! As romantic as I think snow is, being from Cleveland makes me hate it in all practicality. So I sympathize completely about the woes of 18 inches of snow!

Wendy, actually, the reason I didn't include Let it Snow, Man was sort of deliberate. I couldn't make it fit into the way I wanted the scroll to go. It just didn't look right. So I took it out. And then I forgot to rearrange the ending so that it was there too. blush

Erica, glad it didn't kill you with WAFFy-ness laugh .

Thanks again for all the wonderful comments. It makes me think about making another trailer laugh .

- Laura smile

Laura "The Yellow Dart" U. (Alicia U. on the archive)

"A hero is an ordinary individual who finds the strength to persevere and endure in spite of overwhelming obstacles." -- Christopher Reeve

Moderated by  KSaraSara 

Link Copied to Clipboard