Lois & Clark Forums
Posted By: YellowDartVader New Trailer: Let it Snow - 01/24/05 12:53 PM
I decided to stop complaing that no one ever makes a trailer for my stories, and made one of my own. Thanks Rach for showing me how to use Movie Maker, and thanks Annette for the episodes smile .

http://www.folcvideo.com/trailer/LetitSnow.wmv
Posted By: Elena Re: New Trailer: Let it Snow - 01/24/05 03:31 PM
Yay!!!! A new trailer!!! smile1

Elena smile1

Edit: it's also been added to the newly updated trailers page along with its Real Video version. smile
Posted By: KSaraSara Re: New Trailer: Let it Snow - 01/24/05 04:51 PM
/me jumps up and down smile1 Yay!!! I love trailers!!!!

goofy
Posted By: CC Aiken Re: New Trailer: Let it Snow - 01/25/05 03:49 AM
Loved this!!

And it goes to show you're multi-talented, Yellow Dart.

This is wonderful. Sweet, light-hearted, and fun. And good for you for doing it yourself. If I could, I would, believe me!

CC
Posted By: ChiefPam Re: New Trailer: Let it Snow - 01/25/05 08:33 AM
Aww... that was great smile Nice to remember the episode, and now I'm off to re-read the story, 'cause I remember really enjoying it the first time through smile

PJ
Posted By: Supes1fan Re: New Trailer: Let it Snow - 01/25/05 11:37 AM
Well I HATE snow (18 inches dumped on you at once will do that) but I loved this trailer!

Great job!

~Liz
Posted By: Laurach Re: New Trailer: Let it Snow - 01/25/05 02:42 PM
Aw Laura that was great! Very cute video. It made me go AWWWWWW!. Laura
Posted By: dmswn Re: New Trailer: Let it Snow - 01/25/05 07:27 PM
Really nice trailer!
Thank you so much! hyper
Posted By: Psychofurball Re: New Trailer: Let it Snow - 01/25/05 08:14 PM
Aww cute trailer, I loved it. hyper Good job!

Rach laugh
Posted By: KathyB Re: New Trailer: Let it Snow - 01/25/05 08:49 PM
Yay, that was so fun! Loved the music, loved the clips, loved the traiiler text. I watched the whole thing with a big old smile on my face. (Gee, thanks a lot, now my cheeks hurt. <g>)

Delightful, Laura! Makes me want to make trailers for my own stories, too. smile

Kathy
Posted By: Wendymr Re: New Trailer: Let it Snow - 01/26/05 12:14 PM
Lovely, Laura! Haven't seen a trailer or video in weeks, and this is the first one I downloaded. You've done a great job and reminded me just how much I love your Snow series (which reminds me, why isn't Snow, Man on the list at the end?).

Well done! thumbsup

Wendy smile
Posted By: TriciaW Re: New Trailer: Let it Snow - 01/27/05 02:23 AM
Laura

WOW, a wonderful trailer! smile1 You'll have to make more now. wink

Tricia cool
Posted By: LabRat Re: New Trailer: Let it Snow - 01/27/05 02:46 AM
Awwwwwww. WAFFy, Laura. Now I have something else to get me in the Christmas mood each year. thumbsup

Delightful, Laura! Makes me want to make trailers for my own stories, too.
Go for it, Kathy! And good idea, Laura. With 2,000 plus stories in this fandom, it's going to be a long time before every author is visited. Let's have a trailer blitz! <g> It's such a great way of introducing new readers to some great fic. So why shouldn't authors do their own and save us all some time? clap
Posted By: Mad Dog Lane Re: New Trailer: Let it Snow - 01/27/05 09:05 AM
Laura!!! smile1

Now you have to make some more goofy
Posted By: YellowDartVader Re: New Trailer: Let it Snow - 01/30/05 09:47 PM
Thank you, everyone, for your wonderful comments. smile1 smile1 smile1 I know it was a little unorthadox for an author to do a trailer for their own story, but I really admit that I love my Let it Snow series better than all of my other stories, and I really wanted to try to make a trailer. After making this trailer, I've even started to want to listen to more of Jessica Simpson's songs -- and even watch Newlyweds. (Oh, I forgot to say that the song I used was her version of 'Let it Snow, Let it Snow, Let it Snow').

Just responding to a few comments -- sorry for not responding to all of them, but it is really late and I have to get up early in the morning, and I still haven't started studying for the final exam I have to take in the morning to correct my incomplete from last semester . . .

Liz: 18 inchest of snow?? YUCK! As romantic as I think snow is, being from Cleveland makes me hate it in all practicality. So I sympathize completely about the woes of 18 inches of snow!

Wendy, actually, the reason I didn't include Let it Snow, Man was sort of deliberate. I couldn't make it fit into the way I wanted the scroll to go. It just didn't look right. So I took it out. And then I forgot to rearrange the ending so that it was there too. blush

Erica, glad it didn't kill you with WAFFy-ness laugh .

Thanks again for all the wonderful comments. It makes me think about making another trailer laugh .

- Laura smile
© Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards