Next Thread
Print Thread
Elena Offline OP
Beat Reporter
OP Offline
Beat Reporter
I finally got permission to share this gem. smile1

Methos: "I'm easily amused."

(Indiscretions - Highlander: The Series)
Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Wow.

jawdrop

Pel, Hollywood is missing out on a wonderful talent. You are such a natural at this - you make it all look so easy, so seamless. The music, the images, the dialogue...

Wow.

I'm beyond impressed. I'm speechless.

LabRat smile

Athos: If you'd told us what you were doing, we might have been able to plan this properly.
Aramis: Yes, sorry.
Athos: No, no, by all means, let's keep things suicidal.

The Musketeers
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Wow, Elena...I had no idea I was so scary, but I'm sure glad Pel did email me.

I experimented with some new things in my version, but Pel is the expert in great use of video.

Pel, I love the scenes and dialogue you used. Many scenes that fit perfectly from different contexts.

As I told Pel, if any fic deserves a couple of trailers, its this one. Yeck, can we come up with a whole movie? smile1

Wendy, my sympathy for your loss. Some cats are so special.

Happy Birthday, Pel! dance

Please keep working on these wonderful videos!

Features Writer
Features Writer
Hi FoLCs wave

I´ve just watched it and simply loved it!

I really wanna read this story... Wow.. a Wendy one? With a trailer like this??? Wowowowowowowowowow

MDL.

"Work while you have the light. You are responsible for the talent that has been entrusted to you."
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
(Just thought I'd jump in and say that the reason this trailer is out now and not the others - which they should have been! good god, how embarrassing.. - , is because El and Wendy have had this one for months - so it was in their hands already. Having a few minor problems sending all the others I'm sitting on at the moment, but will have it sorted out ASAP)

Pel peep

Such a little thing really, a kiss...most people don't give it a moment's consideration. They kiss on meeting, they kiss on parting, that simple touching of flesh is taken entirely for granted as a basic human right.

Susan Kay
Top Banana
Top Banana
Wow, Pel! I got chills watching this. How utterly perfect and spine tingling and sad and just, perfect!!

I really did enjoy it, and as usual, you never cease to amaze me in what you can do. I'm so glad you decided to share. I agree - this story is certainly worthy of at least a trailer or two or a dozen.

More. Please. Soon?

Lynn

You know that boy'd walk on water for you? Or he'd drown tryin'. -Perry White to Lois in Just Say Noah
Top Banana
Top Banana
Unreal, you are so good at this!!

So heartbreaking and powerful...BRAVO thumbsup clap

~Liz

PS. HAPPY BIRTHDAY party

Lois: Can I go?
Clark: No.
Lois: Oh come on, Clark, why do we go through this? We both know I’m going to go.
Clark: Then why do you ask?
Lois: I’m trying to be nice.
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Wow! Am I amazed to find this here!! wave

Wendy smile

Just a fly-by! *waves*
K
Boards Chief Administrator
Pulitzer
Boards Chief Administrator
Pulitzer
K
So, it took me a while to get to it, but whooeeeee!!!!

I really think Lynn said it best:

Wow, Pel! I got chills watching this. How utterly perfect and spine tingling and sad and just, perfect!!
Yeah...what she said! I cannot wait to see more!!!!!

Sara (who, with a dial-up 56k connection, should *not* be addicted to trailers laugh )

Kerth nominations are opening on March 3!
🏆2024 Kerth Award Posts 🏆.

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, the show, life, and more!

You can also find me on Tumblr and AO3.

Top Banana
Top Banana
jawdrop Whoa, Pel! Thud. I. Absolutely. Adore. This. Wow! Wow, wow, wow! jawdrop For the Greater Good has always been one of my very favourite stories, and your trailer definitely does it justice. Totally, hopelessly adore it! Also love Saybia's song. Wow! smile

And as someone who had the luck to know Wendy's wonderful cat, I thought the tribute to Scrabble at the end was perfect.

Kaethel smile

- I'm your partner. I'm your friend.
- Is that what we are?
- Oh, you know what? I don't know what we are. We kiss and then we never talk about it. We nearly die frozen in each other's arms, but we never talk about it, so no, I got no clue what we are.

~ Rick Castle and Kate Beckett ~ Knockout ~
N
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
N
That is absolutely faboo! For the Greater Good is my personal favorite Wendy story so you've absolutely done it justice!!!! Way to go! smile1

Sherry

Visit www.marykay.com/sfmurphy for wonderful cosmetic products and an opportunity to enrich the lives of women.
Merriwether
Merriwether
OH MY! You kick...you know.

Wooooo Whoooooooo! (trailer = TR)

To me this could have been made into one or two versions of a TR. You know you always see a long and a short version of TRs? They did that a lot for LOTR...Hidalgo.

When Clark says I love you - bam -. That could have been the end of the 'short' one, but then you brought us into a different feeling. That was cool. That created a longer one. Kinda like you see at the beginning of a movie in the theatres.

I enjoyed the multiple layers you created. It just wasn't words overlayed on to scenes. You created sounds for the words, chopped up scenes and used words from others. Wonderful. I enjoy how you put the name of the fic in the middle (or at the end for my 'short' TR thing. My brain keeps wanting to end it there!!! Maybe it is tramatized b/c the section after that really pulled at my heart strings.) That touch - of putting the fic name in the middle - resembeled more of a real TR.

I'm going to go and watch it again and see if what I wrote resembles what I feel.

Then I watch it again,

again,

and again.

I want to read the fic now...but I have to work my icky job now. My second last day.. ARUGH.

EDIT - I watched it again. Now I'm more sad during the first part. Yup, the first part. I enjoy how you had one scene and you snipped in part of others into it. Smooth!

I'd say this in a more eloquent way, but I am a little late. I have to leave in 5min and I have not ironed my shirt!!!!!!!!!

I've converted to lurk-ism... hopefully only temporary.
Columnist
Columnist
OH WOW!!!! jawdrop

You got alot of talent. I hope you use it someday for a job. Don't waste it girl. That trailer was awesome. WOW.

Rach

Me: what are you looking at *Snatches pic* OMFG! Dean smeared in peanut butter?! WTF?!
Sara: LMAO it was chocolate!! smeared in chocolate!
Me: LMFAO chocolate smeared in chocolate!
Sara: LMAO the *chocolate* isn't smeared in chocolate!
Me: that's the way i read it. was trying to picture chocolate smeared in chocolate
Sara: ROTFLMAO
Merriwether
Merriwether
Watch it a few more times. thumbsup WOWIE still comes from me. *Sniff* for the kitty. frown Very cute kitty. <hug> Who's kitty?

I've converted to lurk-ism... hopefully only temporary.
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Roo, that was my cat, Scrabble - she had to be put to sleep earlier this year. sad She was 17. (Take a look at my avatar; you'll see her there in a smaller version of the image Pel used).

And, yes, she was very cute. smile Thank you for saying so!

Wendy smile

Just a fly-by! *waves*
Merriwether
Merriwether
Pel, you blow me away! You are just *so* good at these. You make them look exactly like they would for a real movie! Asolutely amazing.

You are really, really, REALLY good at these! And I really, really, REALLY hope we see more from you. smile

Kathy

Top Banana
Top Banana
Excellent, excellent trailer. I'm amazed at how skillfully and accurately you select scenes from the show to tell the story. Not once did I feel like the snippet you'd chosen was inappropriate for Wendy's fic - they all fitted so, so well. thumbsup

Yvonne

Top Banana
Top Banana
Wow! What a great trailer. I agree with Yvonne, each scene was perfect for the story. You did an excellent job! It makes me want to go back and re-read FTGG.

- Vicki

"Hold on, my friends, to the Constitution and to the Republic for which it stands. Miracles do not cluster and what has happened once in 6,000 years, may not happen again. Hold on to the Constitution" - Daniel Webster
T
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
T
Pel

WOW! smile1 I look forward to your next trailer.

Tricia cool

Moderated by  KSaraSara 

Link Copied to Clipboard