Lois & Clark Forums
Posted By: Elena New Trailer: For The Greater Good - 09/30/04 03:08 PM
I finally got permission to share this gem. smile1
Posted By: LabRat Re: New Trailer: For The Greater Good - 09/30/04 03:21 PM
Wow.

jawdrop

Pel, Hollywood is missing out on a wonderful talent. You are such a natural at this - you make it all look so easy, so seamless. The music, the images, the dialogue...

Wow.

I'm beyond impressed. I'm speechless.

LabRat smile
Posted By: Trenna Re: New Trailer: For The Greater Good - 09/30/04 04:42 PM
Wow, Elena...I had no idea I was so scary, but I'm sure glad Pel did email me.

I experimented with some new things in my version, but Pel is the expert in great use of video.

Pel, I love the scenes and dialogue you used. Many scenes that fit perfectly from different contexts.

As I told Pel, if any fic deserves a couple of trailers, its this one. Yeck, can we come up with a whole movie? smile1

Wendy, my sympathy for your loss. Some cats are so special.

Happy Birthday, Pel! dance

Please keep working on these wonderful videos!
Posted By: Mad Dog Lane Re: New Trailer: For The Greater Good - 09/30/04 04:52 PM
Hi FoLCs wave

I´ve just watched it and simply loved it!

I really wanna read this story... Wow.. a Wendy one? With a trailer like this??? Wowowowowowowowowow

MDL.
Posted By: Pelican Re: New Trailer: For The Greater Good - 09/30/04 05:13 PM
(Just thought I'd jump in and say that the reason this trailer is out now and not the others - which they should have been! good god, how embarrassing.. - , is because El and Wendy have had this one for months - so it was in their hands already. Having a few minor problems sending all the others I'm sitting on at the moment, but will have it sorted out ASAP)

Pel peep
Posted By: lynnm Re: New Trailer: For The Greater Good - 09/30/04 05:47 PM
Wow, Pel! I got chills watching this. How utterly perfect and spine tingling and sad and just, perfect!!

I really did enjoy it, and as usual, you never cease to amaze me in what you can do. I'm so glad you decided to share. I agree - this story is certainly worthy of at least a trailer or two or a dozen.

More. Please. Soon?

Lynn
Posted By: Supes1fan Re: New Trailer: For The Greater Good - 09/30/04 06:18 PM
Unreal, you are so good at this!!

So heartbreaking and powerful...BRAVO thumbsup clap

~Liz

PS. HAPPY BIRTHDAY party
Posted By: Wendymr Re: New Trailer: For The Greater Good - 09/30/04 06:23 PM
Wow! Am I amazed to find this here!! wave

Wendy smile
Posted By: KSaraSara Re: New Trailer: For The Greater Good - 10/01/04 10:30 AM
So, it took me a while to get to it, but whooeeeee!!!!

I really think Lynn said it best:

Wow, Pel! I got chills watching this. How utterly perfect and spine tingling and sad and just, perfect!!
Yeah...what she said! I cannot wait to see more!!!!!

Sara (who, with a dial-up 56k connection, should *not* be addicted to trailers laugh )
Posted By: Kaethel Re: New Trailer: For The Greater Good - 10/01/04 11:27 AM
jawdrop Whoa, Pel! Thud. I. Absolutely. Adore. This. Wow! Wow, wow, wow! jawdrop For the Greater Good has always been one of my very favourite stories, and your trailer definitely does it justice. Totally, hopelessly adore it! Also love Saybia's song. Wow! smile

And as someone who had the luck to know Wendy's wonderful cat, I thought the tribute to Scrabble at the end was perfect.

Kaethel smile
That is absolutely faboo! For the Greater Good is my personal favorite Wendy story so you've absolutely done it justice!!!! Way to go! smile1

Sherry
Posted By: SuperRoo Re: New Trailer: For The Greater Good - 10/02/04 10:19 AM
OH MY! You kick...you know.

Wooooo Whoooooooo! (trailer = TR)

To me this could have been made into one or two versions of a TR. You know you always see a long and a short version of TRs? They did that a lot for LOTR...Hidalgo.

When Clark says I love you - bam -. That could have been the end of the 'short' one, but then you brought us into a different feeling. That was cool. That created a longer one. Kinda like you see at the beginning of a movie in the theatres.

I enjoyed the multiple layers you created. It just wasn't words overlayed on to scenes. You created sounds for the words, chopped up scenes and used words from others. Wonderful. I enjoy how you put the name of the fic in the middle (or at the end for my 'short' TR thing. My brain keeps wanting to end it there!!! Maybe it is tramatized b/c the section after that really pulled at my heart strings.) That touch - of putting the fic name in the middle - resembeled more of a real TR.

I'm going to go and watch it again and see if what I wrote resembles what I feel.

Then I watch it again,

again,

and again.

I want to read the fic now...but I have to work my icky job now. My second last day.. ARUGH.

EDIT - I watched it again. Now I'm more sad during the first part. Yup, the first part. I enjoy how you had one scene and you snipped in part of others into it. Smooth!

I'd say this in a more eloquent way, but I am a little late. I have to leave in 5min and I have not ironed my shirt!!!!!!!!!
Posted By: Psychofurball Re: New Trailer: For The Greater Good - 10/02/04 10:48 PM
OH WOW!!!! jawdrop

You got alot of talent. I hope you use it someday for a job. Don't waste it girl. That trailer was awesome. WOW.

Rach
Posted By: SuperRoo Re: New Trailer: For The Greater Good - 10/05/04 06:47 PM
Watch it a few more times. thumbsup WOWIE still comes from me. *Sniff* for the kitty. frown Very cute kitty. <hug> Who's kitty?
Posted By: Wendymr Re: New Trailer: For The Greater Good - 10/05/04 08:04 PM
Roo, that was my cat, Scrabble - she had to be put to sleep earlier this year. sad She was 17. (Take a look at my avatar; you'll see her there in a smaller version of the image Pel used).

And, yes, she was very cute. smile Thank you for saying so!

Wendy smile
Posted By: KathyB Re: New Trailer: For The Greater Good - 10/06/04 09:14 PM
Pel, you blow me away! You are just *so* good at these. You make them look exactly like they would for a real movie! Asolutely amazing.

You are really, really, REALLY good at these! And I really, really, REALLY hope we see more from you. smile

Kathy
Posted By: YConnell Re: New Trailer: For The Greater Good - 10/11/04 05:42 AM
Excellent, excellent trailer. I'm amazed at how skillfully and accurately you select scenes from the show to tell the story. Not once did I feel like the snippet you'd chosen was inappropriate for Wendy's fic - they all fitted so, so well. thumbsup

Yvonne
Posted By: Vicki Re: New Trailer: For The Greater Good - 10/12/04 02:30 AM
Wow! What a great trailer. I agree with Yvonne, each scene was perfect for the story. You did an excellent job! It makes me want to go back and re-read FTGG.

- Vicki
Posted By: TriciaW Re: New Trailer: For The Greater Good - 10/15/04 04:33 AM
Pel

WOW! smile1 I look forward to your next trailer.

Tricia cool
© Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards