Next Thread
Print Thread
#240210 09/17/04 12:14 PM
Kaethel Offline OP
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
Hey guys smile

This one's for Kathy, who nagged me to make more videos with one of those gape-inducing email that have you wearing a goofy grin on your face for days on end. goofy Here's hoping it will inspire the Muse for her current WIP. wink

Broken (by Seether featuring Amy Lee)

Yes, I know I said my job was keeping me so busy I barely had time for leisure any more. I know I said that video making was something that took entirely too much time for me to juggle between my job, writing fanfic, reading stories and video-editing. I know I said that the fact that I didn't have a lot of eps available made it hard for me to do another one, but...

... but when you hear a song on the radio that grabs the Muse by the collar and shakes it to life, it's hard to say no. wink

Anyway, this one was born in my head last Saturday, after playing the song Broken, by Seether (and featuring Amy Lee, the Evanescence singer, whose voice I absolutely adore) over and over and over and over again.

I spent every minute of my free time working on it since... but this video almost didn't make it to the boards, as my desktop computer decided it would be fun (hah!) to corrupt the file, make me redo it from an earlier draft again, only to throw in another fit and decide it wouldn't save as movie file. One more thing to write down in the "Kae has a crappy computer that's going to end up out the window" list.

Aaaaanyway, thankfully I had saved a draft last night, which miraculously didn't require much more tweaking. The drawback is that it's not as high quality as I'd wish it to be, as I saved it to 15 megs instead of my usual 20 - but I think dial up users won't be unhappy about that. wink

Many thanks to Sara Kraft, Saskia, LabRat and Elena, who saw an early draft of this one and gave me encouragement and suggestions, and to Annette, for uploading it so quickly. smile Thanks also to Rach, who gave me the last few clips I was missing to complete it. smile

Feedback is of course very, very welcome. smile

Yes, shutting up now. goofy

Kaethel smile

- I'm your partner. I'm your friend.
- Is that what we are?
- Oh, you know what? I don't know what we are. We kiss and then we never talk about it. We nearly die frozen in each other's arms, but we never talk about it, so no, I got no clue what we are.

~ Rick Castle and Kate Beckett ~ Knockout ~
#240211 09/17/04 01:55 PM
Top Banana
Top Banana
Wonderful, Kae!!

First off, I didn't notice anything at all wrong with the quality - the images were actually nice and crisp and very clear. So I wouldn't worry about that at all.

Really love the images - how the story was told through the course of the video. What heartbreak! The music was perfect to convey their angst.

Just love it - keep making these. You have a great talent for it smile

Lynn

You know that boy'd walk on water for you? Or he'd drown tryin'. -Perry White to Lois in Just Say Noah
#240212 09/17/04 04:16 PM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Beautiful Helene. Very sad but nice images. Laura

Clark: “If we can be born in an instant, and die in an instant, why can’t we fall in love in an instant?”

Caroline's "Stardust"
#240213 09/17/04 04:31 PM
Top Banana
Top Banana
Nice job..great images and you told the story perfectly! thumbsup

I like that song, very haunting! Let's see another!

~Liz

Lois: Can I go?
Clark: No.
Lois: Oh come on, Clark, why do we go through this? We both know I’m going to go.
Clark: Then why do you ask?
Lois: I’m trying to be nice.
#240214 09/17/04 07:24 PM
Top Banana
Top Banana
thumbsup

Despite all the problems with the stupid program, you did an excellent job! I love the song, I love the images you used and I just love it completely! You even managed to improve it from the earlier version I saw. I'm really impressed! smile

So I'm off to play the video over and over today while I pack for London... laugh

Saskia jump

I tawt I taw a puddy cat!
#240215 09/17/04 09:29 PM
Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
thumbsup

This reminds me of why I love these guys. <sigh> And makes me want to go watch some episodes...

LabRat [Linked Image]

Athos: If you'd told us what you were doing, we might have been able to plan this properly.
Aramis: Yes, sorry.
Athos: No, no, by all means, let's keep things suicidal.

The Musketeers
#240216 09/18/04 04:56 PM
K
Boards Chief Administrator
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
K
Okay, first off...awww shucks blush ...You're welcome. It was honestly my pleasure!

Second...

whinging whinging and clap clap clap Everything that you added and or changed...just made it...OH WOW!!! You know what I think of the rest, but I love the "photograph" part and the "hold you high" part right after where they're in the clouds...sigh! And the HoL hug is in the perfect spot...and you know what my favorite part is?? You broke my heart and made my day at the same time...you found the *perfect* place for the antarctic scream!!

LOVE THIS SONG!!!

Sara (who's only watched it 3 times so far...but is dying to watch it more...you know when the fam can't witness me sighing and making angsty faces at the computer blush )

Kerth nominations are opening on March 3!
🏆2024 Kerth Award Posts 🏆.

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, the show, life, and more!

You can also find me on Tumblr and AO3.

#240217 09/18/04 07:26 PM
Columnist
Columnist
Wow! I love what you did with the song. And it's one of my fave songs to listen too(love evanescene)Can't wait to see more from you.
thumbsup
Rach

Me: what are you looking at *Snatches pic* OMFG! Dean smeared in peanut butter?! WTF?!
Sara: LMAO it was chocolate!! smeared in chocolate!
Me: LMFAO chocolate smeared in chocolate!
Sara: LMAO the *chocolate* isn't smeared in chocolate!
Me: that's the way i read it. was trying to picture chocolate smeared in chocolate
Sara: ROTFLMAO
#240218 09/18/04 09:46 PM
T
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
T
Kaethel

WOW! This is excellent. smile1

Tricia cool

#240219 09/19/04 09:31 AM
Merriwether
Merriwether
OH MY GAWD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

thumbsup

I wanted and now I have. Life is good today! I don't have to go to work today, saw some really cool new houses on display, get to eat BBQ steak tonight, I'm not having a 'fat day' and now an awesome song and it is WITH LNC!!!!!!!!! WOWIE!!!!

Ummmm....did I say thank you? confused

THANKYOUTHANKYOUTHANKYOUTHANKYOUTHANKYOU
THANKYOUTHANKYOUTHAN KYOUTHANKYOU........

I've converted to lurk-ism... hopefully only temporary.
#240220 09/19/04 03:04 PM
Merriwether
Merriwether
Oh! Oh! You mean me! You mean me!

This is so cool! laugh

Thanks, Kae, for making this one, and even more for dedicating it to me. There are definitely shots in here that fit very very well with my WIP ... oh, wow, now I'm getting excited all over again. <g>

I've never heard this song before, but I think I'm going to be watching this one a lot. And I agree, her voice is amazing!

Thank you, thank you, thank you. smile1

EDITED TO ADD: OK, I just rewatched and I have to mention my favorite part -- the section where Lois is remembering (in black and white) about her kisses wtih the three men in her life. You do a great job of contrasting her reactions to each kiss -- her breathless surrender with Clark, her giddiness with Superman, and her extreme discomfort with Lex. Awesome!!!

Kathy

#240221 09/23/04 04:34 PM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Well, I finally got to watch this, Kae - back on my desktop PC, too smile smile smile And I think I need to watch it a few more times to catch the lyric/image match properly - I don't know the song, and I think it'll take a few listens for it to grow on me, since it's not hugely melodic. Knowing you, it's the words and not the melody which gripped you! goofy

Anyway, I love your collection of scenes and the story you told from BatP/HoL - should I be surprised that you chose those eps again? goofy Nice excuse that it just happens to be where Kathy's WIP is set wink

Great work! Looking forward to more from you soon! thumbsup Remind me to introduce you to more of my favourite music when you're here... wink

Wendy smile

Just a fly-by! *waves*
#240222 09/24/04 01:05 PM
Columnist
Columnist
Simply amazing, Kae. I actually didn't really like this song before, but now I'm gonna cry every time I hear it. Like others said, I also loved the parts with the kisses in black and white and when Clark hit the K bars, but I think my favorite part was when Lois was walking down the isle while Clark was trying to get the key. The music with the images was SO powerful. Thanks for making this vid!! It's wonderful!

~Anna

#240223 09/25/04 05:38 AM
Kaethel Offline OP
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
Hey smile

Well, I'm gobsmacked by your comments, guys!! Wow! Never expected to a) do another video any time soon (the Muse is even more stubborn for that as she is for fanfic), and b) get such a positive reaction. smile So thank you, thank you, thank you! blush

There might be something else from me in the near future - can't say anything about it yet. wink And in the meantime, Kathy, WRITE!!! wildguy

Kaethel smile

- Is that what we are?
- Oh, you know what? I don't know what we are. We kiss and then we never talk about it. We nearly die frozen in each other's arms, but we never talk about it, so no, I got no clue what we are.

#240224 10/15/04 12:54 AM
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
I know it's late, and even though I've told you how much I love this ...

It's fantastic, H!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

<G>

Annette wink

www.kerthawards.com
www.lcficmbs.com
www.folcvideo.com
www.nfanfic.net
www.annesplace.net

"There is nothing wrong with America that cannot be cured by what is right with America." Bill Clinton, inaugural address, January 21, 1993
#240225 10/15/04 07:22 AM
Kaethel Offline OP
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
Awww. Thanks, A!!!!!!!!!!! sloppy

Kaethel smile

- Is that what we are?

#240226 10/24/04 02:59 AM
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
wow! i adore this vid! you did a great job. I got chills!!!! Wonderful!

jen

Tempus: Because you are, in a
word, looney toons!.

Inmate: Looney toons is two words.

Tempus: Not if you say it fast.
#240227 10/29/04 02:34 AM
Kaethel Offline OP
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
Jen, thanks very much for your kind words. smile I'm glad you enjoyed it!

Kaethel smile (who might be preparing a few other video-thingies this morning...)

- Is that what we are?

Moderated by  KSaraSara 

Link Copied to Clipboard