Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
lynnm Offline OP
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
I'm very excited to present to you this teaser trailer for a story that is (hopefully) soon to be posted.

Shape of My Heart Teaser - Windows Media Player version
Shape of My Heart Teaser - Real Player version

I can't wait until this story hits the message boards. I can assure you all that it is absolutely wonderful! A definite don't miss! smile

Lynn

You know that boy'd walk on water for you? Or he'd drown tryin'. -Perry White to Lois in Just Say Noah
Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Well, I can't tell you how honoured and delighted I am to have a genuine Lynn trailer done for SOMH! drool

Thank you for this wonderful gift. sloppy

LabRat jump

Athos: If you'd told us what you were doing, we might have been able to plan this properly.
Aramis: Yes, sorry.
Athos: No, no, by all means, let's keep things suicidal.

The Musketeers
Top Banana
Top Banana
Wow! That was amazing, Lynn. smile So I assume there's a lot of snow in the story. <G> You did it really well, even without much Lois and Clark images. Excellent music, too! That really build the suspense. thumbsup

Oh, and Rat, you can start posting the story now. wildguy

Saskia

I tawt I taw a puddy cat!
Top Banana
Top Banana
WOW..cool!! And I don't mean the snow! goofy

I love the font you used in this trailer Lynn..it's loopy but in a good way.

~Liz (a story by LabRat..HOORAY!)

Lois: Can I go?
Clark: No.
Lois: Oh come on, Clark, why do we go through this? We both know I’m going to go.
Clark: Then why do you ask?
Lois: I’m trying to be nice.
Merriwether
Merriwether
thumbsup laugh thumbsup thumbsup thumbsup

I've converted to lurk-ism... hopefully only temporary.
Top Banana
Top Banana
Awww. What a lovely, inspired trailer, Lynn! thumbsup That image of Clark is awesome! And great choice for the music. I love Enya. smile

Kaethel smile

- I'm your partner. I'm your friend.
- Is that what we are?
- Oh, you know what? I don't know what we are. We kiss and then we never talk about it. We nearly die frozen in each other's arms, but we never talk about it, so no, I got no clue what we are.

~ Rick Castle and Kate Beckett ~ Knockout ~
Columnist
Columnist
Oooo Now I really want to read the story. Love what you did with this. And I agree with Kaethel...Love enya. Keep up the good work.

Rachel

Me: what are you looking at *Snatches pic* OMFG! Dean smeared in peanut butter?! WTF?!
Sara: LMAO it was chocolate!! smeared in chocolate!
Me: LMFAO chocolate smeared in chocolate!
Sara: LMAO the *chocolate* isn't smeared in chocolate!
Me: that's the way i read it. was trying to picture chocolate smeared in chocolate
Sara: ROTFLMAO
T
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
T
Lynn

WOW! A wonderful trailer! smile1

Tricia cool

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Whoa! This is fantastic, Lynn!! I remember you were trying to work out how you'd do this when we met in Chicago, and you did a fantastic job. Loved it! goofy )

And, yes, terrific choice of music! I adore Enya too. smile Wish I could remember the title of the track you chose... if all our CDs weren't still in boxes, I'd go through them and play them all until I found it! I think it's from Watermark, but wouldn't swear to it...

Wendy smile

Just a fly-by! *waves*
A
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
A
Wendy: I believe it's Caribbean Blue, off of Shepherd Moons.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
The courage to change the things I can,
And the wisdom to know the difference.
lynnm Offline OP
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
Ding ding ding. Bright shiny gold star for Aria.

Yes, that song is Carribean Blue.

For some reason, whenever I would read SoMH while beta-ing, I could so completely picture these dim, velvety gray forests with snow falling and everything soft and muted, totally silent. And always in the background was the music from Carribean Blue.

So when I sat down to do the trailer, the music was a quick and easy choice. My only concern was that Lab would hate it. I personally love Enya, but I know that she seems to inspire kind of a love it/hate it reaction, and I didn't know which side of the fence Lab might be on.

Thanks to everyone for all of the great feedback. I have to admit that this trailer was by far the hardest one I've ever attempted because there was simply no video imagery of Lois and Clark and dark, snowy woods and cabins. In the end, I decided to try to evoke atmosphere - to graphically portray the feelings that the story inspired in me as I could just see these forests.

And thanks, Lab, for giving me something so rich in imagery to work with. I knew from the get-go what I wanted to do. It was just finding something that would work that stumped me.

Lynn

You know that boy'd walk on water for you? Or he'd drown tryin'. -Perry White to Lois in Just Say Noah
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Duh! Of course it is! Thanks, Diane!

Wendy (who was torn between saying Watermark and Shepherd Moons anyway goofy )

Just a fly-by! *waves*
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
okay, I'm back online and soooo much to catch up with, holy smokes.

As for this... Wow. Oh wow. Wow... Actually, I had to watch this twice before I "got it", because this is exactly the same feeling I got the first time I watched my own trailer for Masques: really slow in the beginning until the images/music/bam! really sets off, so the trailer seems shorter than what it really is. But nevertheless, really loved the beautiful set-up of the text in the beginning!!

And I thought it was really really clever with the way you handled all those snow-images. Gave me goose-bumbs: I got cold just by watching. wink

And the atmosphere is utterly and absolutely and positively totally brilliant. /me sighs... okay, I'll stop gushing now. but it was just so.. 'kay, fine.

Pelican (you know, this was just reeaallyy good...)

Such a little thing really, a kiss...most people don't give it a moment's consideration. They kiss on meeting, they kiss on parting, that simple touching of flesh is taken entirely for granted as a basic human right.

Susan Kay

Moderated by  KSaraSara 

Link Copied to Clipboard