Lois & Clark Forums
Posted By: lynnm Teaser Trailer: Shape of My Heart - 09/16/04 08:59 AM
I'm very excited to present to you this teaser trailer for a story that is (hopefully) soon to be posted.

Shape of My Heart Teaser - Windows Media Player version
Shape of My Heart Teaser - Real Player version

I can't wait until this story hits the message boards. I can assure you all that it is absolutely wonderful! A definite don't miss! smile

Lynn
Posted By: LabRat Re: Teaser Trailer: Shape of My Heart - 09/16/04 09:15 AM
Well, I can't tell you how honoured and delighted I am to have a genuine Lynn trailer done for SOMH! drool

Thank you for this wonderful gift. sloppy

LabRat jump
Posted By: Saskia Re: Teaser Trailer: Shape of My Heart - 09/16/04 11:26 AM
Wow! That was amazing, Lynn. smile So I assume there's a lot of snow in the story. <G> You did it really well, even without much Lois and Clark images. Excellent music, too! That really build the suspense. thumbsup

Oh, and Rat, you can start posting the story now. wildguy

Saskia
Posted By: Supes1fan Re: Teaser Trailer: Shape of My Heart - 09/16/04 06:39 PM
WOW..cool!! And I don't mean the snow! goofy

I love the font you used in this trailer Lynn..it's loopy but in a good way.

~Liz (a story by LabRat..HOORAY!)
Posted By: SuperRoo Re: Teaser Trailer: Shape of My Heart - 09/17/04 03:51 PM
thumbsup laugh thumbsup thumbsup thumbsup
Posted By: Kaethel Re: Teaser Trailer: Shape of My Heart - 09/18/04 02:13 AM
Awww. What a lovely, inspired trailer, Lynn! thumbsup That image of Clark is awesome! And great choice for the music. I love Enya. smile

Kaethel smile
Posted By: Psychofurball Re: Teaser Trailer: Shape of My Heart - 09/18/04 11:28 PM
Oooo Now I really want to read the story. Love what you did with this. And I agree with Kaethel...Love enya. Keep up the good work.

Rachel
Posted By: TriciaW Re: Teaser Trailer: Shape of My Heart - 09/19/04 01:51 AM
Lynn

WOW! A wonderful trailer! smile1

Tricia cool
Posted By: Wendymr Re: Teaser Trailer: Shape of My Heart - 09/23/04 08:08 PM
Whoa! This is fantastic, Lynn!! I remember you were trying to work out how you'd do this when we met in Chicago, and you did a fantastic job. Loved it! goofy )

And, yes, terrific choice of music! I adore Enya too. smile Wish I could remember the title of the track you chose... if all our CDs weren't still in boxes, I'd go through them and play them all until I found it! I think it's from Watermark, but wouldn't swear to it...

Wendy smile
Posted By: Aria Re: Teaser Trailer: Shape of My Heart - 09/24/04 04:59 AM
Wendy: I believe it's Caribbean Blue, off of Shepherd Moons.
Posted By: lynnm Re: Teaser Trailer: Shape of My Heart - 09/24/04 07:40 AM
Ding ding ding. Bright shiny gold star for Aria.

Yes, that song is Carribean Blue.

For some reason, whenever I would read SoMH while beta-ing, I could so completely picture these dim, velvety gray forests with snow falling and everything soft and muted, totally silent. And always in the background was the music from Carribean Blue.

So when I sat down to do the trailer, the music was a quick and easy choice. My only concern was that Lab would hate it. I personally love Enya, but I know that she seems to inspire kind of a love it/hate it reaction, and I didn't know which side of the fence Lab might be on.

Thanks to everyone for all of the great feedback. I have to admit that this trailer was by far the hardest one I've ever attempted because there was simply no video imagery of Lois and Clark and dark, snowy woods and cabins. In the end, I decided to try to evoke atmosphere - to graphically portray the feelings that the story inspired in me as I could just see these forests.

And thanks, Lab, for giving me something so rich in imagery to work with. I knew from the get-go what I wanted to do. It was just finding something that would work that stumped me.

Lynn
Posted By: Wendymr Re: Teaser Trailer: Shape of My Heart - 09/24/04 07:40 AM
Duh! Of course it is! Thanks, Diane!

Wendy (who was torn between saying Watermark and Shepherd Moons anyway goofy )
Posted By: Pelican Re: Teaser Trailer: Shape of My Heart - 09/30/04 04:26 PM
okay, I'm back online and soooo much to catch up with, holy smokes.

As for this... Wow. Oh wow. Wow... Actually, I had to watch this twice before I "got it", because this is exactly the same feeling I got the first time I watched my own trailer for Masques: really slow in the beginning until the images/music/bam! really sets off, so the trailer seems shorter than what it really is. But nevertheless, really loved the beautiful set-up of the text in the beginning!!

And I thought it was really really clever with the way you handled all those snow-images. Gave me goose-bumbs: I got cold just by watching. wink

And the atmosphere is utterly and absolutely and positively totally brilliant. /me sighs... okay, I'll stop gushing now. but it was just so.. 'kay, fine.

Pelican (you know, this was just reeaallyy good...)
© Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards