Next Thread
Print Thread
#239735 04/26/03 12:04 AM
Hack from Nowheresville
OP Offline
Hack from Nowheresville
Hi

help needed!

I'm hoping someone can help me here. I downloaded one of the Music Videos that Trenna had posted (It took *forever* with my dial up connection dizzy ) but I can't play it! My computer didn't recognise the file extension (.rm) as something that it could play. (The file saved as Iwillalwaysloveyou.rm..rm) I have two copies of Media Player on my computer (which may or may not be the problem). When I tried to open the video with 1st copy only abar (that would show the progress of the music/video) appeared, no window for pictures, and I got the error message
MMSYSTEM281 This file could not be be played. Check the filename or install a driver that supports this type of file.
When I tried to open it using the second copy, it said it was Windows Media Player and looked like I expected it to but I got the error message
Cannot open 'C:\My Documents\Laura\Iwillalwaysloveyou.rm..rm'. Please verify that the path and filename are correct and try again.

Suggestion: Check the web site or content source for information about playing this content.
I suspect that I'll have to delete the first copy of Media Player which looks as if it's 'broken' somehow, but that still doesn't help me with the second copy.

If I'm being incredibly stupid, hit me over the head then explain what I'm doing wrong! smile And remember to do it in one syllable words - I'm obviously having a stupid day dizzy

Thanks

Loriel (who is *usually* the one everyone else comes to for computer help! blush )

"Inappropriate attachment" didn't begin to cover the depth of the feelings Vaughn had for Sydney Bristow.
~Ties That Bind by RJ Anderson~

I ramble at http://www.livejournal.com/~loriel_eris
#239736 04/26/03 12:52 AM
Top Banana
Top Banana
I'm not a computer expert or anything... but I think the problem here is that you're using Media Player. Most music video's should be played with Real Player. That's at least where I play them and it has never failed me so far.

Now you of course want a link for downloading RP. I can't offer it for you, the site only shows in Dutch for me. But just do a search on google and you should be fine.

Hope that helps.

Saskia

I tawt I taw a puddy cat!
#239737 04/26/03 03:00 AM
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
First of all, as Saskia said, you need to download RealOne (the new version of RealPlayer). You'll find the free RealOne here .

The file saved as Iwillalwaysloveyou.rm..rm
Make sure you rename that file as Iwillalwaysloveyou.rm (in other words, remove the extra ..rm).

Then you should be able to watch this wonderful music video. smile1

Elena smile
Forum Moderator

Methos: "I'm easily amused."

(Indiscretions - Highlander: The Series)
#239738 04/26/03 08:12 AM
Hack from Nowheresville
OP Offline
Hack from Nowheresville
Thanks, Saskia, Elena. It works perfectly now! All I nned to do is download some more videos now! wink

Loriel

"Inappropriate attachment" didn't begin to cover the depth of the feelings Vaughn had for Sydney Bristow.
~Ties That Bind by RJ Anderson~

I ramble at http://www.livejournal.com/~loriel_eris
#239739 04/27/03 06:54 AM
Top Banana
Top Banana
Glad it helped. Enjoy the music video's, there are some really good ones out there.

Saskia (actually testing sig wink )

I tawt I taw a puddy cat!

Moderated by  KSaraSara 

Link Copied to Clipboard