Hi

help needed!

I'm hoping someone can help me here. I downloaded one of the Music Videos that Trenna had posted (It took *forever* with my dial up connection dizzy ) but I can't play it! My computer didn't recognise the file extension (.rm) as something that it could play. (The file saved as Iwillalwaysloveyou.rm..rm) I have two copies of Media Player on my computer (which may or may not be the problem). When I tried to open the video with 1st copy only abar (that would show the progress of the music/video) appeared, no window for pictures, and I got the error message
MMSYSTEM281 This file could not be be played. Check the filename or install a driver that supports this type of file.
When I tried to open it using the second copy, it said it was Windows Media Player and looked like I expected it to but I got the error message
Cannot open 'C:\My Documents\Laura\Iwillalwaysloveyou.rm..rm'. Please verify that the path and filename are correct and try again.

Suggestion: Check the web site or content source for information about playing this content.
I suspect that I'll have to delete the first copy of Media Player which looks as if it's 'broken' somehow, but that still doesn't help me with the second copy.

If I'm being incredibly stupid, hit me over the head then explain what I'm doing wrong! smile And remember to do it in one syllable words - I'm obviously having a stupid day dizzy

Thanks

Loriel (who is *usually* the one everyone else comes to for computer help! blush )

"Inappropriate attachment" didn't begin to cover the depth of the feelings Vaughn had for Sydney Bristow.
~Ties That Bind by RJ Anderson~

I ramble at http://www.livejournal.com/~loriel_eris