Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
Wendymr Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Just setting up a thread where people can post feedback on the trailers which you can access from this thread .

And I'll kick things off: Lynn, you have outdone yourself with the BNA trailers for CC and Roger! These are amazing. I so love the idea of giving brief previews of all their stories, and also including reader reviews. Just wonderful! thumbsup

Wendy smile

Just a fly-by! *waves*
Top Banana
Top Banana
Yeah, what Wendy said. smile You're both doing a wonderful job, Pel and Lynn. Those trailers are amazing and I'm enjoying each one.

The idea for authors is great! I love the bits of feedback that come back in it. smile

And I saw YUTS... fantastic! Even though I haven't read the story *yet*, but I'm working on that as we speak. Seems wonderful too!

Keep them coming, Pel and Lynn! smile1

Saskia

I tawt I taw a puddy cat!
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Just chiming in... I'm loving all of these. Okay, so I was traumatized by the Masques trailer but that's Labby's fault, really <g> Um, these are great! Pel & Lynn I'm amazed at your talents -- I can barely figure out how to *play* these things, let alone make them... notworthy

Looking forward to seeing the next one, whenever it may arrive smile

PJ

"You told me you weren't like other men," she said, shaking her head at him when the storm of laughter had passed.
He grinned at her - a goofy, Clark Kent kind of a grin. "I have a gift for understatement."
"You can say that again," she told him.
"I have a...."
"Oh, shut up."

--Stardust, Caroline K
Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Well, just caught up with most of these - I'm seriously impressed with that flashing 'new' icon, btw. Very handy. <g>

As for the trailers... jawdrop I can't imagine having the patience and sheer talent to do this kind of work. It's incredible.

Thank you both!

LabRat smile

Athos: If you'd told us what you were doing, we might have been able to plan this properly.
Aramis: Yes, sorry.
Athos: No, no, by all means, let's keep things suicidal.

The Musketeers
Freelance Reporter
Freelance Reporter
Oh, wow, Lynn, the trailer for „Yesterday, upon the Stair“ just blew me away!! Wow!! thumbsup

I also would like to thank all you wonderful authors of LnC fanfic for giving me so many hours to laugh, cry and dream. blush smile

Yours Ines smile

"It is our choices, that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities." (Albus Dumbledore, CoS)
Wendymr Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Whoa!! Finally managed to watch the YUTS trailer, Lynn - and it's excellent!! goofy If you and Pel can do one a day from here on (including today), you'll have all of them up by the day voting starts! wink

Wendy smile

Just a fly-by! *waves*
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
/me looks around the forum...and sees no new trailers. Pel! wildguy You promised!!

LabRat (don't make me get out the ficus...)

Athos: If you'd told us what you were doing, we might have been able to plan this properly.

The Musketeers
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Wow, wow, wow. These are wonderful, especially the fantastic composite trailers for the BNAs. I love those most, although the Yesterday one was pretty darn good, too. laugh

I'm with Labby. Give us more of these, as soon as you can. I can't begin to imagine how much work goes into these, but wow are they worth it. smile

Hazel

Lois: You know the deal.
Clark: Superman gets the guys in capes, Lois and Clark get the guys in suits.

-- Action Comics 827
Top Banana
Top Banana
Thanks, all for the great feedback.

Sorry to say that a most vile stomach flu has got me in its grips. It kindly waited until after the Best Picture Oscar was awarded last night but it doesn't look as if it's going anywhere soon.

So my work on pretty much anything other than keeping myself sane is on hold for a bit

I'm sure that Pel is ready to dazzle us all, though. I'm waiting (semi) patiently <g>.

Lynn

You know that boy'd walk on water for you? Or he'd drown tryin'. -Perry White to Lois in Just Say Noah
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Awwwwwwwwwww - feel better soon, Lynn!

LabRat smile

The Musketeers
Top Banana
Top Banana
Oh no eek - feel better Lynn!

~Liz

Lois: Can I go?
Clark: No.
Lois: Oh come on, Clark, why do we go through this? We both know I’m going to go.
Clark: Then why do you ask?
Lois: I’m trying to be nice.
T
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
T
Thank you, Lynn and Pel! smile1
I love the choice of music for all of them.

Thanks for all your hard work that goes into making them. It is greatly appreciated. thumbsup

Hope you get well soon, Lynn.

Tricia cool

Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
These fanfic trailers are fantastic! Great job Pel and Lynn thumbsup I'm adding them as extras on my vcd collection. smile

thank you laugh

Avatar: Michael Clarke, awesome Aussie cricket player
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Just an Idea, but when you do the one for Yellow Fever the Matchbox 20 song that goes "I'm not crazy, I'm just a little unwell" it's a total paranoia song that totally fits that story.

I'm Done

TEEEJ

Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
I'm just going to add my two cents here, although Lynn knows what I think it about her latest.

The choice of scenes and music for "Yesterday, Upon the Stair" is plain brilliance. I could not fathom how you were going to do this trailer - I was almost "glad" it wasn't me <g>, since I had noe idea yet on how this could be done - so instead of focusing entirely on the A-plot - which was very difficult finding images for - you focus on the theme. Looking back at the past and your mistakes, and see where it will take you and how you can work it out.

Great job, Lynn!!! smile1

As for this:

Just an Idea, but when you do the one for Yellow Fever the Matchbox 20 song that goes "I'm not crazy, I'm just a little unwell" it's a total paranoia song that totally fits that story.
Now there's a song that's been playing frequently in my room. smile Yes, I'm the one who's making the trailer for Yellow Fever.

And you're right, the lyrics would fit. But after reading the story for the seventh time (!), I knew I needed something that was a little "dark", something slow and... well, I figured I'd know what I wanted when I heard *the* song that would fit. <g>

I actually started on the trailer back in December, but when I got sick and got "behind schedule", it got a little postponed.

I'm finished with it now, though, so it looks like we'll have to save Matchbox Twenty for another time wink If I had to do Yellow Fever all over again, I'd probably hang myself before the end of the weekend. <g> Lots to do. Now I'm all set for "When Larry Met Charlie."

Thanks for making suggestions - it's very much appreciated, so keep them coming!

Pelican smile

Such a little thing really, a kiss...most people don't give it a moment's consideration. They kiss on meeting, they kiss on parting, that simple touching of flesh is taken entirely for granted as a basic human right.

Susan Kay
Columnist
Columnist
Hey, Pelican, you said you were finished with Yellow Fever... Do we get to see it? I'm having dt's here! laugh

Top Banana
Top Banana
WooHoo!!!!

Sara's BNA trailer - in a word - AWESOME!!

Love it, Pel. Love the music. Very catchy, but of course now I'll be singing it all the rest of the day <g>.

So very very good. And now I will only say More.
(See, you come out of hiding and we pounce on you!)

Lynn

You know that boy'd walk on water for you? Or he'd drown tryin'. -Perry White to Lois in Just Say Noah
Wendymr Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Pel... WHOA!!! smile1

Just a fly-by! *waves*
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Oh, wow, Pel! <wild applause> This (Sara - BNA) was beautiful. Love the music and the images are so clear! clap clap

LabRat smile

The Musketeers
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Oh, that was terrific! smile And Pel, it's starting to get spooky -- you keep using all my favorite songs! goofy

PJ

"You told me you weren't like other men," she said, shaking her head at him when the storm of laughter had passed.
He grinned at her - a goofy, Clark Kent kind of a grin. "I have a gift for understatement."
"You can say that again," she told him.
"I have a...."
"Oh, shut up."

--Stardust, Caroline K
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  KSaraSara 

Link Copied to Clipboard