Lois & Clark Forums
Posted By: Wendymr Feedback for Pel and Lynn on Kerth Trailers - 02/28/04 10:57 AM
Just setting up a thread where people can post feedback on the trailers which you can access from this thread .

And I'll kick things off: Lynn, you have outdone yourself with the BNA trailers for CC and Roger! These are amazing. I so love the idea of giving brief previews of all their stories, and also including reader reviews. Just wonderful! thumbsup

Wendy smile
Yeah, what Wendy said. smile You're both doing a wonderful job, Pel and Lynn. Those trailers are amazing and I'm enjoying each one.

The idea for authors is great! I love the bits of feedback that come back in it. smile

And I saw YUTS... fantastic! Even though I haven't read the story *yet*, but I'm working on that as we speak. Seems wonderful too!

Keep them coming, Pel and Lynn! smile1

Saskia
Just chiming in... I'm loving all of these. Okay, so I was traumatized by the Masques trailer but that's Labby's fault, really <g> Um, these are great! Pel & Lynn I'm amazed at your talents -- I can barely figure out how to *play* these things, let alone make them... notworthy

Looking forward to seeing the next one, whenever it may arrive smile

PJ
Well, just caught up with most of these - I'm seriously impressed with that flashing 'new' icon, btw. Very handy. <g>

As for the trailers... jawdrop I can't imagine having the patience and sheer talent to do this kind of work. It's incredible.

Thank you both!

LabRat smile
Oh, wow, Lynn, the trailer for „Yesterday, upon the Stair“ just blew me away!! Wow!! thumbsup

I also would like to thank all you wonderful authors of LnC fanfic for giving me so many hours to laugh, cry and dream. blush smile

Yours Ines smile
Whoa!! Finally managed to watch the YUTS trailer, Lynn - and it's excellent!! goofy If you and Pel can do one a day from here on (including today), you'll have all of them up by the day voting starts! wink

Wendy smile
/me looks around the forum...and sees no new trailers. Pel! wildguy You promised!!

LabRat (don't make me get out the ficus...)
Wow, wow, wow. These are wonderful, especially the fantastic composite trailers for the BNAs. I love those most, although the Yesterday one was pretty darn good, too. laugh

I'm with Labby. Give us more of these, as soon as you can. I can't begin to imagine how much work goes into these, but wow are they worth it. smile

Hazel
Thanks, all for the great feedback.

Sorry to say that a most vile stomach flu has got me in its grips. It kindly waited until after the Best Picture Oscar was awarded last night but it doesn't look as if it's going anywhere soon.

So my work on pretty much anything other than keeping myself sane is on hold for a bit

I'm sure that Pel is ready to dazzle us all, though. I'm waiting (semi) patiently <g>.

Lynn
Awwwwwwwwwww - feel better soon, Lynn!

LabRat smile
Oh no eek - feel better Lynn!

~Liz
Thank you, Lynn and Pel! smile1
I love the choice of music for all of them.

Thanks for all your hard work that goes into making them. It is greatly appreciated. thumbsup

Hope you get well soon, Lynn.

Tricia cool
These fanfic trailers are fantastic! Great job Pel and Lynn thumbsup I'm adding them as extras on my vcd collection. smile

thank you laugh
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Feedback for Pel and Lynn on Kerth Trailers - 03/03/04 11:09 AM
Just an Idea, but when you do the one for Yellow Fever the Matchbox 20 song that goes "I'm not crazy, I'm just a little unwell" it's a total paranoia song that totally fits that story.

I'm Done

TEEEJ
I'm just going to add my two cents here, although Lynn knows what I think it about her latest.

The choice of scenes and music for "Yesterday, Upon the Stair" is plain brilliance. I could not fathom how you were going to do this trailer - I was almost "glad" it wasn't me <g>, since I had noe idea yet on how this could be done - so instead of focusing entirely on the A-plot - which was very difficult finding images for - you focus on the theme. Looking back at the past and your mistakes, and see where it will take you and how you can work it out.

Great job, Lynn!!! smile1

As for this:

Just an Idea, but when you do the one for Yellow Fever the Matchbox 20 song that goes "I'm not crazy, I'm just a little unwell" it's a total paranoia song that totally fits that story.
Now there's a song that's been playing frequently in my room. smile Yes, I'm the one who's making the trailer for Yellow Fever.

And you're right, the lyrics would fit. But after reading the story for the seventh time (!), I knew I needed something that was a little "dark", something slow and... well, I figured I'd know what I wanted when I heard *the* song that would fit. <g>

I actually started on the trailer back in December, but when I got sick and got "behind schedule", it got a little postponed.

I'm finished with it now, though, so it looks like we'll have to save Matchbox Twenty for another time wink If I had to do Yellow Fever all over again, I'd probably hang myself before the end of the weekend. <g> Lots to do. Now I'm all set for "When Larry Met Charlie."

Thanks for making suggestions - it's very much appreciated, so keep them coming!

Pelican smile
Hey, Pelican, you said you were finished with Yellow Fever... Do we get to see it? I'm having dt's here! laugh
WooHoo!!!!

Sara's BNA trailer - in a word - AWESOME!!

Love it, Pel. Love the music. Very catchy, but of course now I'll be singing it all the rest of the day <g>.

So very very good. And now I will only say More.
(See, you come out of hiding and we pounce on you!)

Lynn
Pel... WHOA!!! smile1
Oh, wow, Pel! <wild applause> This (Sara - BNA) was beautiful. Love the music and the images are so clear! clap clap

LabRat smile
Oh, that was terrific! smile And Pel, it's starting to get spooky -- you keep using all my favorite songs! goofy

PJ
Man, I'll tell ya ... if I grin any harder while watching these, my face is going to break, LOL!

Awesome trailer for Sara. The song and the scenes had me smiling the whole way through (nearly as much as Roger's "Let's Hear It For The Boy" did -- that choice of song had me laughing out loud, literally! clap )

You guys are so awesome to do this. They are so fun!

Kathy
GREAT!! thumbsup thumbsup thumbsup

WILD APPLAUSE!! clap clap clap

~Liz
WOW, Pel! smile1

Sara's trailer is excellent. thumbsup And thank you, Lynn and Trenna.

Tricia cool
Wow, Pel! Another fantastic trailer. goofy

So keep them coming, Pel! I can hardly wait for more. jump

Saskia
Pel, you're an artist. I don't know how you do what you do, but I so enjoy the results!

You and Lynn and Trenna have contributed in such a wonderful way. I can't say thank you enough for all the work you've done!

CC
wow, WoW, WOW, laugh WOW!!! laugh
Sara's trailer is WONDERFUL! I've enjoyed all the trailers, but the BNA ones are simply fantastic. Is it too much to hope the others will be ready before voting closes? ~insert looking hopeful icon here~

I am totally in awe of how beautifully you do this, Pel. Thanks so much for sharing!

Hazel
Wow... blush And here I was worried that people wouldn't like it, that maybe it was a bit boring. I'm *so* relieved to find out that people didn't think of it that way!! smile1

Just to answer a few questions.

Hey, Pelican, you said you were finished with Yellow Fever... Do we get to see it? I'm having dt's here!
<lol> Yeah, you'll get to see it. We're just a having a few..err, delays in actually *getting it* there. <g> Anyway, it'll be up soon! smile

</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif"> Was the 'oh my god' at the end deliberate? Because I love that little touch. smile1

Pelican
Whoa! Elle's BNA trailer is up too now! Terrific! (For anyone who hadn't noticed, the link is in the trailers post at the top of this forum).

Lynn, another wonderful job! thumbsup The music works perfectly, and you've really captured the essence of Elle's stories so well! I remember writing that comment you cite - it was on Elle's first story and I remember telling people I was chatting with on IRC at the time that I'd just seen a new writer I was sure I'd end up nominating for BNA this year. And I was right!

Yet another amazing trailer - I don't know how you two do it with these, Pel and Lynn, but each time you surpass yourselves! clap

Wendy smile
eek smile1

ps: Oh oh, I haven't heard that song before. What's the name of it? Really good!

edit: never mind, I found out: Melissa Etheridge with "Breathe" smile
WOW Lynn!! ANOTHER awesome job. We are SO lucky to have such talent here on the boards..

THANKS! notworthy

~Liz
What Pel said - but with even more icons. <g>

I mean...wow. Well, wow doesn't really seem to do it justice really. If it was wow in huge capital letters with flashing neon lights around it and streamers...that might just do it.

The music, the images, the way it all flows together - I'm stunned. Superb, Lynn!

I think these trailers have been such a fantastic addition to the whole Kerth experience this year. Watching them just makes me so excited about the whole process.

Thank you for such great fun, guys!

LabRat smile
I only just caught up with the last two trailers - for Sara and Elle - and once again I'm at a loss for words. You guys amaze me! Fantastic work, and as others have mentioned, what a great addition to the Kerth. smile

Kaethel notworthy
Just saw Elle's BNA trailer ... another fantastic contribution. Love the music (hadn't heard it before, but it fits really well), and I thought the scenes were very well picked and organized.

Great job!

Kathy (who really hopes we'll get the rest of these by Sunday ... what a great weekend this will be, getting to see even more of these! smile )
Thanks to everyone for all of the wonderful words! It is so fun to do this and just icing on the cake that you all are happy with the results. And I have to tell you, with such great stories to inspire us, how could we miss <g>!

As for the balance of the trailers for BNA and Best Of - Pel and I are working furiously. Kidnapped! is now up and running, and I believe a couple more will be linked shortly.

We are working during every free moment that RL affords us on the remaining Best Of but I'm not sure that it will be up before Midnight tomorrow when voting closes. We'll do the best we can and if not, it'll be up within a day or so afterward. All this to say, please make sure to read all of the stories before voting because they are just magnificent.

Thanks again!
Lynn
I've enjoyed the all of the trailers, but Kidnapped! was... AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! thumbsup )

SQD(who thinks we need MORE!!!!)
Oh my... wow!!! thumbsup You two are just amazing! smile And keep on improving... I'm speechless. thumbsup

I'm just totally impressed with those trailers, Pel and Lynn! Keep up the good job. I'm looking forward to more whenever you can give them. smile

Saskia
(Kidnapped!)

Amazing...simply amazing...and breathtaking...awe-inspiring, wonderful, fantastic...I could put in thousands of other adjectives in here, and yet it wouldn't do the trailer justice. But I think one word can make a start: perfection.

Wow, Lynn..wow.

Pelican eek smile1 clap shock
I'm unable to dl the new trailers for Kidnapped and Lynn's BNA trailer. That's the RP version. Just me? Or is anyone else having problems?

LabRat smile
HOLY!! eek eek

LYNN!! You have outdone yourself yet again..phenominal, amazing, perfect, incredible..I'm picking up where SQD, Pelican and others left off... smile

BRAVO!! clap clap notworthy notworthy

~Liz
WHOA! Two new trailers - wonderful!!! thumbsup

Lynn, the Kidnapped! trailer is just amazing! Perfect music, absolutely spot-on clips and the narration reminded me of everything I loved about the story. I especially love the way you knit together the bit from Lois and Clarks with Alt-Clark looking up into Lois's bedroom with a little clip of Lois and Clark in bed together, making it look as if he's seeing them. Just perfect! clap

Thank you both!!!

Wendy smile
<thud!> <----------Yvonne collapsing in an stunned heap on the floor.

Lynn, that was just amazing!!!! How did you know those were some of my favourites scenes from the show? And to use them so effectively to highlight the story...I'm totally in awe. Then there was the inspired way you depicted the Kryptonian war that altClark went through - using all those clips from the Kryptonian arc - and how you showed his nightmares at Lois and Clark's. All so clever and so very effective. Wow.

My only regret is that my trailers make it so abundantly clear that my stories are kind of...well...depressing. wink No-one ever seems to smile in the trailers <bg>.

But seriously, I'm really delighted with this, Lynn. Not to mention that you topped it off some music from Sting smile ))

Okay, I'll stop gushing now.

(Wow.)

Okay, I'm really stopping now.

W...no, I'll shut up. Honestly.

Yeah, really.

You see, it was just so...

/me gags self.

Mph! Mph, mph, mph!

Yvo-(wow)-nne
Absolutely stunning, Pel and Lynn!!!! smile1
I get to gush now!

Pel!!!!!! I love it! hyper

Can I just say, I didn't have any idea how you might be able to even come close to finding images that so perfectly caught some of my weird stories, but you not only did it but you crammed in so much as well. And I love that song - it really seems to sum up a running theme I'm finding that I prefer - someone is always afraid of what they are feeling at any given moment <g>.

So thank you so much!! It is wonderful. You just keep getting better and better and better. Add that to working under deadline pressure and I think you are ready to head west to Tinsel Town!

Can't wait to see the next one in line smile smile

Lynn
mecry Inspired imagery for the New Kryptonian section of this one, Lynn! Wow. And Pel...well, you're a genius. What more can be said? laugh

LabRat smile
Pel and Lynn

I've just watched Kidnapped, and Lynn and Elle's BNA trailers. smile1

Tricia cool
Well, there is not much to add to the previous posts. These trailers are just awsome, breathtaking and absolutely amazing. Just...wow! thumbsup

Thank you for sharing your talent.

Ines smile
Ooh! Another new trailer! Another great one, Lynn. smile

Fantastic work. clap

I hope to see more again soon. These trailers are just as addictive as fic. wink

Saskia
GREAT job on EM - P2 Lynn!!

Another trailer to enjoy over and over again!

thumbsup thumbsup thumbsup

~Liz
Oh! Oh! Oh! The EM2 video is FANTASTIC!! Oh, gosh, what a grin I have on my face right now. You nailed it perfectly with the words, the screen clips and that great song! (What is the song, btw?)

Great job, Lynn! I loved Chris's story -- one of those that really sticks with you, long after you've finished it -- and now I get to love it again through the trailer. smile

Kathy
thumbsup

Wonderful, Lynn!

LabRat smile
Oh, Lynn...

Thank you.

Thank you!

Thank you!

I managed to sneak a peak at the EMII trailer today, and I am... well, flattered, gob-smacked, chuffed, in awe, delighted, honoured... all the above and more.

I can't believe how you managed to find so many clips that fit the story. Given that CJ is not Superman, I really couldn't imagine a way to do it. Those Luthor clips were terrific, the Lois and CJ bits so carefully chosen, and the words you used...

Next time I write an epic, you can write the summary for the archive, all right? Your words made me want to read the story!

What else can I say other than you've quite made my day. laugh

Chris
Lynn, you've done it once again - created an amazing trailer which really does capture the essence of the story so well. thumbsup Sheer brilliance!

Again, the narrative is perfect. The clips you chose were just perfect too! CJ's mad dash, Lois's look of fear; the two of them working together; CJ dressed in black; CJ flying in his own clothes - all fitted the story so well. And the piece de resistance was Luthor: those clips of him looking smug and self-satisfied as he puffed on his cigar added just that touch of menace to the trailer.

Loved it!! clap

Wendy smile
AMAZING job on Yellow Fever Pel!!

I just read the story recently and man did you NAIL it!! smile1 I really loved the dialogue bits you put in there. PERFECTION!

BRAVO!! clap clap clap

~Liz
EMII was great! Yellow Fever... fantastic. I wondered how you'd pull that off. Great job! MORE!!!!!!!
So, so wonderful! Incredible!!! thumbsup clap

Ines notworthy notworthy
Well, there's not much left to say...
thumbsup thumbsup

I especially liked Kidnapped, EM2 (PLEASE tell me: what's the song???) and now Yellow Fever.

Thank you so much for sharing those incredible trailers with us,

Julia
Posted By: MLT Re: Feedback for Pel and Lynn on Kerth Trailers - 03/21/04 08:01 AM
I loved the trailer for Yellow Fever, Pel. I absolutely adored it. It gave me tingles up and down my spine.

I'm actually fairly certain that the trailer is better than the story laugh .

ML wave
Wow, Pel!!! Once again, you've just totally blown me away. The trailer for Yellow Fever is just amazing. Well worth the wait inflicted upon us by your unfortunate technical difficulties. The images and the soundbytes - whoever would have guessed that throughout the entire show, Clark was so paranoid?! And you know how I feel about the music - I just love how you choose the very best score and top it off with a song all about becoming a weapon. Wonderful!!

This sure was fun. Next year, I'm game for doing it all again. Especially if we are blessed with another batch of such amazing stories to work from. To all of the writers - thanks for being so inspirational. I'm sure that throughout this upcoming year, many more trailers will join those already made because we have no shortage of stories to work with <g>.

For those asking - the song on the EM II trailer is "Proud" sung by Heather Small. I got my version from the Queer As Folk Season 1 Soundtrack. I'm not sure where else it might be found.

Thanks again to everyone who watched and enjoyed and provided us with such enthusiastic feedback!
smile smile smile

Lynn
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Feedback for Pel and Lynn on Kerth Trailers - 03/22/04 11:00 AM
Nice Job on Yellow Fever Pel, I was waiting for that one and you did in fact nail it. Yellow Fever was my favorite long story this whole year and you did great justice with your trailer.

How do you guys do this stuff? Where are you getting the TBS clips?

If I could watch Lois and Clark on my computer I'd be the happiest fan ever.

These trailers are the closest and best substitutes I could hope for.

Good on ya Pel!

TEEEEJ
Woo-hoo!!!!!! smile1

Elena smile1
First of all, I want to apologize to you all for being so late with the last one. Me and my "precious" little computer have just endured World War 3, and now we're both wounded, exhausted and just so mad with each other that I don't know whether to get myself as drunk as possible, take a bunch of sleeping pills or just eat way too much chocolate. razz I'll tell ya all later how it turned out. <g>

Anyway.. this has been one heck of a journey. When Lynn and I first decided to make trailers for all the Best Overall nominees and the nominees for Best New Author - I don't think either of us knew exactly what we were doing. <g> We had our share of panic, I'll tell you that, about how we were going to make it all in time, considering that eight exams and stomach flu were holding us back. And the cat fight with me and the computer. But, in the end, the list is complete.

And I'll be more than happy to do this next year as well!! dance It's been so much fun, and I've certainly learned a lot from this, so whatever went wrong this year, it won't happen again the next smile

I hope all of you have enjoyed watching these as much as I (and Lynn) have enjoyed making them.

And I also have to say thank-you to the authors who didn't fight me off with a stick whenever I had something to ask about. <g> Oh, and of course, to everyone on IRC, who have been such a great support and always encouraging us to keep going.

Warmly,
Pelican smile
Well in my opinion Pel it was WORTH THE WAIT!! Awesome trailer for WLMC! clap

Glad you're recovering from the ruckus with your PC, I vote for chocolate..it cures all ills! laugh

GREAT, GREAT, GREAT job you two! Much appreciation from this satisfied fan! notworthy notworthy

Looking forward to next year!

~Liz
Pel, thank you!!! This is just sheer brilliance! I adore the music. Love the images of 'Larry' and 'Charlie', and you did a terrific job of showing Lois's distrust of Clark once she found out who he was. Adored it! jump

Wendy smile
How do you guys do this stuff? Where are you getting the TBS clips?
Sorry, forgot to answer that. Ahm... how do we do it? I have every single episode on my computer, each one being about 360 mb. I upload the episodes I need into a program called Windows Movie Maker 2, and then I do all the editing in there. Extremely easy to use - even I managed to figure out everything in there on my own. wink

And as in TBS clips, you mean the episodes, right? Those I have downloaded from WinMX. There's a chat room called Lois & Clark there as well, so if you become a regular in there, do your part of the deal and share the episodes with others, people will prioritize you. And you'll get the episodes *much* easier and faster! smile

Lynn, on the other hand, is getting the episodes from her DVD-collection. She has to convert them into WMV-files before she uploads them into the computer, though. Also, that way, the program don't freeze when you're editing smile

Hope that answers your question.
And thanks for the very nice comments! smile1

Pelican smile
Pel, the WLMC trailer is absolutely amazing! notworthy

You really caught the mood of the story with the perfect clips, especially with the fast music that goes along. What song did you use?

Good luck with all your future projects. smile I'm much looking forward to them.

Saskia
© Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards