Next Thread
Print Thread
#239356 02/21/04 07:13 PM
HatMan Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
okay, so here's the deal... i had a kind of a thought... wink

out of nowhere, i got this idea for an l&c music video. it just popped to mind, so i started working on it.

step 1: i know what song i want to use. "kryptonite" by 3 doors down. it's not a song that most folcs probably like, but it's got some fun potential. hopefully enough to make it worthwhile. okay, good.

step 2: i know what scenes i want to match with most lyrics. there are a few details to pin down, but they shouldn't be that much of a problem. if i do things right, the video will even manage to make sense most of the time, unlike the song itself. so, cool. got a real start here.

step 3: i don't actually have a copy of the song. no problem. i can get one. shouldn't be that hard. move on for now.

step 4: i don't actually know how to make music videos. well, not to worry. i've got some software that should maybe hopefully kinda work, and i can muddle my way through. i think. well, i'll see.

step 5: i don't actually have *any* video from the show. what i had on tape has deteriorated into a garbled saticy mess. the show isn't even on reruns anymore. never had any digital copies. uhm... this could be a problem.

step 6: i know! i'll post on the boards and maybe some kind folc will take pity on me. someone who has video and who knows how to edit it and who even knows how to synchronize it with a sound track rather than just stringing clips together and hoping they sort of fall together the right way. yeah, maybe that could work... or maybe the whole idea is just silly and i should get back to trying to write fic. i don't know, but hey, it doesn't hurt to ask, right?

Paul

When in doubt, think about penguins. It probably won't help, but at least it'll be fun.
#239357 03/13/04 03:22 PM
Blogger
Blogger
How do you make a LnC music video? I have a few good songs lines up, but don't know how to put it all together. I've dl'd WMX with no positive results... frown

"Lois, Superman is what I do; Clark is who I am."

-----------------------------

Mandalin
#239358 03/13/04 04:17 PM
Top Banana
Top Banana
Well, Paul and Mandalin -

I can help you in so far as I can tell you how I go about making trailers (haven't attempted a music video yet - that'd be Trenna). What software I use and how I go about getting images and music and stuff like that. (I must tell you - the best thing I did was get me a set of the DVDs. Without those, I'd be nowhere.) If that's what you'd like to see discussed in this thread, just give us a holler and I'll launch into specifics.

As for the actual making of the video - once you've acquired all of the tools, the rest is really one giant exercise in trial and error. Learning how to sync stuff up, what looks good and bad, when you have too much and when you don't have enough. In just the half dozen trailers I've done so far, I can see a huge difference from the first to the latest in how much sheer experience can do to make things better and the whole process run more smoothly.

Or perhaps I'm interpreting your question all wrong and what you are looking for is someone to take your vision and put it all together. That's a doable thing - to a certain degree, at least for me. Part of the fun of doing these is having a vision and seeing it come to life, and to have it be someone else's vision presents an interesting situation. I've not had the challenge of having a "client" so to speak (other than the writers <g>), so it might be an interesting scenario. Speaking strictly for myself, I would only want to work with someone who was pretty laid back about the whole thing - could understand when stuff was doable and not and open to some suggestions. And no strict timelines in mind. Kind of like co-authoring fanfic - has to involve a certain degree of give and take and a meeting of like minds. Could be a lot of fun.

So if you could clarify a bit, I'll turn my head in the right direction and answer accordingly.

Maybe Pel and/or Trenna could add their thoughts???

Lynn

You know that boy'd walk on water for you? Or he'd drown tryin'. -Perry White to Lois in Just Say Noah
#239359 03/13/04 06:45 PM
HatMan Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
well, as you can see here, trenna already took care of my problems. smile quite well, too, i must add.

since i'm pretty sure that was a 1-time thing (i like watching them, but i don't expect to come up with another one myself), i'm going to turn the decisions over to mandalin.

Paul

When in doubt, think about penguins. It probably won't help, but at least it'll be fun.
#239360 03/14/04 05:02 AM
Top Banana
Top Banana
Sorry - Paul!! I confess here to being a total doofus, but I do give myself the excuse of having only had 2 hours of sleep in a 48 hour period when I checked this thread. Didn't see that your post was nearly a month old and that quite possibly your situation had been remedied. blush

I love the video, BTW, so hats off to both you and Trenna. Looks to me like maybe it's Lois herself who's Superman's Kryptonite. Wonderful images, and despite your trepidation, this FoLC does love that song

thumbsup

Lynn

You know that boy'd walk on water for you? Or he'd drown tryin'. -Perry White to Lois in Just Say Noah
#239361 03/21/04 04:15 AM
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Maybe someone can help me. I just found the software that may help me in making my own music videos but now im kinda stuck so i was wondering if anyone could help me and maybe guide me through it (im a fast learner) so i can play around with it and maybe start making my own?

Being grown-up isn't half as fun as growing up, these are the best days of our lives, the only thing that matters is just following your heart and eventually you'll finally get it right! ~Ataris
#239362 03/21/04 06:13 AM
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Hi Jess!
I was just wondering what software you found? because I would love to learn how to make music videos. Can't help you on making one but maybe you could help me by giving me a link or something? Hope someone helps you!

Later Days!
Andie

Am I gay? I'm ECSTATIC!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Thanks Weisz and Rae for the Rockin Icon.
#239363 03/21/04 07:14 AM
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
I think it will work...It came with my new computer adn the dvd burner but its called Showbiz. You can also d/l microsoft video maker off the web (i have that too).

Being grown-up isn't half as fun as growing up, these are the best days of our lives, the only thing that matters is just following your heart and eventually you'll finally get it right! ~Ataris
#239364 03/21/04 12:51 PM
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
I have figured out how to work it now all i gotta do is play around with it come more. But I have a quesion it doesnt seem to wanna play my .avi files i cant only upload the .mpg ones which makes it extremely hard to put together a video with only a select few eps. Does anyone know how i can get around this or convert them to .mpg files it would be a big help!

Moderated by  KSaraSara 

Link Copied to Clipboard