Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Merriwether
OP Offline
Merriwether
Roo\'s Ordinary People Vid

It may take a few minutes to save. I'm still learning - sorry. blush This vid took me 8 hours to make and over four days to figure out how to post it in a presentable form!!!! Arugh! mad

Well I hope you enjoy. I hope it actually works for you all. I tested it on friends' computers and it was okay.

I've been wanting to do something like this for three years but have been sketching Lois and Clark ideas since last spring. Hope you like and I want feedback. Yes want. I only have Ordinary People and Part two of the Pilot ...... oh yeah and TGGOH, so I tried to work w/ what I have.

I'm soooo happy. grumble

Cheers
Roo

I've converted to lurk-ism... hopefully only temporary.
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Whoa! This is great!! thumbsup

What a novel approach to a music video: it's like one of Pel's or Lynn's trailers, but it's a trailer for Ordinary People! And I love the images you chose from the development of their relationship, Roo. Lovely idea, and great execution! clap

Hope to see more of these from you!

Wendy smile

Just a fly-by! *waves*
C
Kerth
Kerth
C
Fear not Roo there is nothing wrong with the video! I give it two thumbsup so great job I loved it keep it up! On a side note I would love to have a full copy of Ordinary People if that were possible though I probably should download it from WinMx or Kazza but I don't think Kazza has it and my computer is already swamped with stuff.

The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched they must be felt with the heart

Helen Keller
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Very wonderful:) Thank-you, Roo. clap

c.

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
well done!
James

“…with God everything is possible.” Matthew 19:26.

Also read Nan's Terran Underground!
Top Banana
Top Banana
Hey Roo -

Looks like you got your kinks worked out and are well on your way to becoming the next Spielberg! Job well done.

But I must warn you, this little hobby somehow just manages to suck you in until all of your free time and harddrive space disappear like a Double Fudge Crunch Bar in Lois's hot little hands. wink

Keep up the good work! Look forward to seeing more from you in the future.

Lynn

You know that boy'd walk on water for you? Or he'd drown tryin'. -Perry White to Lois in Just Say Noah
Merriwether
OP Offline
Merriwether
Wow, thanks! blush

Thank u so much for putting up w/ my constant questions. I'm shy, but I was like..... forget it! I want to do something fun!

Thanks gang! hyper Roo

(I really did squeal when I FINALY got it posted)

Blogger
Blogger
That was great! clap I am far from an expert on all of these videos and such, but I thought that was really impressive- especially for your first one!
~Lauren

Clark: Lois, you're kinda babbling.
Lois: I know. See, I never babble.
Clark: Are you kidding? You're a brook.
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Hi Roo, I'm waiting for the download, but one of the reasons your file is so large is the screen size. Most of the wmv files are 320 X 203 or something like that rather than the larger one you used.

It seems very dark. Is it my media player or was it that way for others?

Great presentation though! Well done

J
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
J
Nice job, Roo clap clap

I wanna see more!!!

Julia smile

A
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
A
I can't download it frown Tried twice, but both times it stopped downloading on its own.

Anyone can help? confused

AnnaBtG.

What we've got here is failure to communicate...
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Cool! I like this trend of new people getting into the video-making business! Liked the clips and lines of dialog you picked. Make more! smile

PJ

"You told me you weren't like other men," she said, shaking her head at him when the storm of laughter had passed.
He grinned at her - a goofy, Clark Kent kind of a grin. "I have a gift for understatement."
"You can say that again," she told him.
"I have a...."
"Oh, shut up."

--Stardust, Caroline K
Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
For some reason I'm having problems viewing music vids and trailers with WMP. No idea why - and it only seems to be the ones from this fandom too. They played fine up till a couple of weeks back. razz

Any chance of getting a Real Player version too?

LabRat smile

Athos: If you'd told us what you were doing, we might have been able to plan this properly.
Aramis: Yes, sorry.
Athos: No, no, by all means, let's keep things suicidal.

The Musketeers
Merriwether
OP Offline
Merriwether
I'd be happy to make a real player version too. As soon as I figure out how!

I don't know why it was dark. I thought the darkness was just me! When I first made it, it was light. Maybe it got disgrunteled as I moved it around. It had quite a trip. I'm going to work with it more to make it clearer.
smile

Top Banana
Top Banana
Trenna - I had the same problem, too. The images were rather dark. Could just be the conversion processes or something. There are so many crazy ways to do all of this and never one seems to work with another.

Lynn

You know that boy'd walk on water for you? Or he'd drown tryin'. -Perry White to Lois in Just Say Noah
T
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
T
Roo

WOW! This is great. smile1
I enjoyed it immensely.

Tricia cool

Merriwether
OP Offline
Merriwether
Sorry, I didn't realize it was THAT dark. Maybe the settings on my screen are different than everyone else! Bright hurts my eyes so I guess I didn't realize it was really dark, just dark.

Top Banana
Top Banana
Nice video thumbsup smile

If she had to move heaven and Earth, perhaps come back to haunt Perry and explain the story after they'd killed her, she would do it.

Waking a Miracle by Aria
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Sorry, I just realized I hadn't posted any feedback here, because I wanted so much to congratulate you on a wonderful, wonderful video!!!! smile1

Such a little thing really, a kiss...most people don't give it a moment's consideration. They kiss on meeting, they kiss on parting, that simple touching of flesh is taken entirely for granted as a basic human right.

Susan Kay

Moderated by  KSaraSara 

Link Copied to Clipboard