Lois & Clark Forums
Posted By: SuperRoo My first video - Ordinary People - 03/04/04 08:39 PM
Roo\'s Ordinary People Vid

It may take a few minutes to save. I'm still learning - sorry. blush This vid took me 8 hours to make and over four days to figure out how to post it in a presentable form!!!! Arugh! mad

Well I hope you enjoy. I hope it actually works for you all. I tested it on friends' computers and it was okay.

I've been wanting to do something like this for three years but have been sketching Lois and Clark ideas since last spring. Hope you like and I want feedback. Yes want. I only have Ordinary People and Part two of the Pilot ...... oh yeah and TGGOH, so I tried to work w/ what I have.

I'm soooo happy. grumble

Cheers
Roo
Posted By: Wendymr Re: My first video - Ordinary People - 03/05/04 02:09 AM
Whoa! This is great!! thumbsup

What a novel approach to a music video: it's like one of Pel's or Lynn's trailers, but it's a trailer for Ordinary People! And I love the images you chose from the development of their relationship, Roo. Lovely idea, and great execution! clap

Hope to see more of these from you!

Wendy smile
Posted By: Crazy_Babe Re: My first video - Ordinary People - 03/05/04 02:12 AM
Fear not Roo there is nothing wrong with the video! I give it two thumbsup so great job I loved it keep it up! On a side note I would love to have a full copy of Ordinary People if that were possible though I probably should download it from WinMx or Kazza but I don't think Kazza has it and my computer is already swamped with stuff.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: My first video - Ordinary People - 03/05/04 03:56 AM
Very wonderful:) Thank-you, Roo. clap

c.
Posted By: Mister Data Re: My first video - Ordinary People - 03/05/04 05:30 AM
well done!
James
Posted By: lynnm Re: My first video - Ordinary People - 03/05/04 07:03 AM
Hey Roo -

Looks like you got your kinks worked out and are well on your way to becoming the next Spielberg! Job well done.

But I must warn you, this little hobby somehow just manages to suck you in until all of your free time and harddrive space disappear like a Double Fudge Crunch Bar in Lois's hot little hands. wink

Keep up the good work! Look forward to seeing more from you in the future.

Lynn
Posted By: SuperRoo Re: My first video - Ordinary People - 03/05/04 09:47 AM
Wow, thanks! blush

Thank u so much for putting up w/ my constant questions. I'm shy, but I was like..... forget it! I want to do something fun!

Thanks gang! hyper Roo

(I really did squeal when I FINALY got it posted)
Posted By: spazzqueen251 Re: My first video - Ordinary People - 03/05/04 12:28 PM
That was great! clap I am far from an expert on all of these videos and such, but I thought that was really impressive- especially for your first one!
~Lauren
Posted By: Trenna Re: My first video - Ordinary People - 03/05/04 12:32 PM
Hi Roo, I'm waiting for the download, but one of the reasons your file is so large is the screen size. Most of the wmv files are 320 X 203 or something like that rather than the larger one you used.

It seems very dark. Is it my media player or was it that way for others?

Great presentation though! Well done
Posted By: Julia Re: My first video - Ordinary People - 03/05/04 12:50 PM
Nice job, Roo clap clap

I wanna see more!!!

Julia smile
I can't download it frown Tried twice, but both times it stopped downloading on its own.

Anyone can help? confused

AnnaBtG.
Posted By: ChiefPam Re: My first video - Ordinary People - 03/05/04 03:53 PM
Cool! I like this trend of new people getting into the video-making business! Liked the clips and lines of dialog you picked. Make more! smile

PJ
Posted By: LabRat Re: My first video - Ordinary People - 03/05/04 03:59 PM
For some reason I'm having problems viewing music vids and trailers with WMP. No idea why - and it only seems to be the ones from this fandom too. They played fine up till a couple of weeks back. razz

Any chance of getting a Real Player version too?

LabRat smile
Posted By: SuperRoo Re: My first video - Ordinary People - 03/05/04 04:10 PM
I'd be happy to make a real player version too. As soon as I figure out how!

I don't know why it was dark. I thought the darkness was just me! When I first made it, it was light. Maybe it got disgrunteled as I moved it around. It had quite a trip. I'm going to work with it more to make it clearer.
smile
Posted By: lynnm Re: My first video - Ordinary People - 03/05/04 08:04 PM
Trenna - I had the same problem, too. The images were rather dark. Could just be the conversion processes or something. There are so many crazy ways to do all of this and never one seems to work with another.

Lynn
Posted By: TriciaW Re: My first video - Ordinary People - 03/06/04 04:05 PM
Roo

WOW! This is great. smile1
I enjoyed it immensely.

Tricia cool
Posted By: SuperRoo Re: My first video - Ordinary People - 03/07/04 11:15 PM
Sorry, I didn't realize it was THAT dark. Maybe the settings on my screen are different than everyone else! Bright hurts my eyes so I guess I didn't realize it was really dark, just dark.
Posted By: Ank. K. S. Re: My first video - Ordinary People - 03/08/04 07:06 AM
Nice video thumbsup smile
Posted By: Pelican Re: My first video - Ordinary People - 03/11/04 07:49 AM
Sorry, I just realized I hadn't posted any feedback here, because I wanted so much to congratulate you on a wonderful, wonderful video!!!! smile1
© Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards