Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
Well?

If you need the option 'other', post a reason of your own. smile

When Life Gives You Green Velvet Curtains, Make a Green Velvet Dress.
Nan Offline
Kerth
Kerth
I beg to differ. This board is far from dead. It's a little quiet right now, but it usually is in the summer.

Nan

Earth is the insane asylum for the universe.
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Online Content
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
I concur with Nan. And I think there is an option missing: The boards aren't dead smile

Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
Kerth
Kerth
I don't think the boards are dead - but they are occasionally really, really quiet.

I need an option for "I have hit the perfect storm of lurking/discouraged/uninspired/lazy/under deadline at work". sad

Lois: You know, I have a funny feeling that you didn't tell me your biggest secret.

Clark: Well, just to put your little mind at ease, Lois, you're right.
Ides of Metropolis
Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
I don't think they're dead, but they've certainly been very quiet lately. I'm finding, for example, that I often have very little to do when updating TOCs, where once I was much busier. I don't think this is down to normal summer vacation quietness - it's been this way since the start of the year, before the Kerths, or even before that.

And when you think that there are roughly over 2,000 FoLCs who could be posting interesting and entertaining stuff.... wink

Having said that, I still enjoy making this my first stop of the day and am hoping that things pick up soon. Especially in fanfic and videos. I'm sure that FoLC talent isn't dead, so you guys need to show us more of it! Go on - give me more TOC work to do. You know you want to. goofy

LabRat smile

Athos: If you'd told us what you were doing, we might have been able to plan this properly.
Aramis: Yes, sorry.
Athos: No, no, by all means, let's keep things suicidal.

The Musketeers
C
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
C
Hmm... I don't really fall in any of those categories.

I think part of it's summer and stuff.

And once I get some stuff back from Anna - I'm hoping to spend some time in the vid arena...

Carol

G
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
G
I personally think there should be an option of 'I fear my muse may have died and now I can't finish the 20 fics that I have started.' Cause that is why I haven't been posting any new stories as of late. That and real life keeps getting in the way...stupid life...

"Madness is like gravity...it just takes a little push." ~The Joker
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Well, I have moved to another fandom, but that doesn't mean I've left this one. smile

I choose the "I've been busy planning my wedding" option.

Thanks to Cat for my rockin' avatar!
++++
(About Lois & Clark)
Perry: Son, you just hit the bulls eye. It's like we're supporting characters in some TV show and it's only about them.
Jimmy: Yeah! It's like all we do is advance their plots.
Perry: To tell you the truth, I'm sick of it.
Jimmy: Man, me too!
T
Merriwether
Merriwether
T
I'm one who does check these boards nearly every day and I've yet to come across a day when there isn't something new posted. It isn't always alot, but there is ususally something to look at.

Also, consider, we currently have some pretty impressive stories being posted currently.

Things may be a bit slow, but we're hardly in our death throes.

Tank (who has seen the cycles before and knows that eventually all things must come to an end, but doesn't think that we're close to that yet)

Columnist
Columnist
I don't think this board is dying. There are new stories popping up on the boards all the time. I know it isn't the same amount as several years ago, but we still have new stories.

Sue if it will help your muse, I just reread all of your stories while I was recovering from a hidious summer cold. I was blown away by Platonic and Faustian Bargain. Give your muse some chocolate and send her back to work. I loved everything I read.

Maybe a contest for the gfic board like the nfic board had in smut month?

Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
Obviously they're not dead dead. But they certainly are 'without vitality, spirit, enthusiasm, or the like; lacking the customary activity; dull; inactive', etc.

I agree with Labby. Someone said earlier this year that the boards were quite because it was Kerth time, before that it was Christmas, before that something else. There's more to it than it just being summer or whatever. A year ago far more was going on. Yes, people still post stories, but nowhere as many. Remember the drought on the nfic boards? Now that NSM is over and Michael's stories are nearing an end I fear we'll be in for another quiet period. Let's hope not. Makes me sad.

For those of you who do post regularly, keep it up. smile

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Originally posted by GuineaPants:
I personally think there should be an option of 'I fear my muse may have died and now I can't finish the 20 fics that I have started.' Cause that is why I haven't been posting any new stories as of late. That and real life keeps getting in the way...stupid life...
Ditto. And, these boards ar not kead, tyhe afre just lseeping...

Sick jamse.

“…with God everything is possible.” Matthew 19:26.

Also read Nan's Terran Underground!
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Remember the drought on the nfic boards? Now that NSM is over and Michael's stories are nearing an end I fear we'll be in for another quiet period.
Yes, nfic was quiet for quite a spell and then we got a new influx of members and writers who revived things. Added to a host of ficathon and themed challenges, it's been probably the most active folder for the past few months.

So, perhaps there should be more broad-themed challenges over on the gfic or video side of things to spark an interest in those Muses.

LabRat smile

Athos: If you'd told us what you were doing, we might have been able to plan this properly.

The Musketeers
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
The boards aren't dead. Dead is when there isn't any cerebral activity. And OK, not all posts are highly cerebral, but there is activity.

*giggles*

I'm sorry, I couldn't help prove (once again) that I'm a huge geek.

This said... there's a ficathon about to start, on the dark side of the board. I think that's proof enough that we *are* doing something to generate posts.

(as for myself personally, though.. I've kinda been abducted by a man in black.. but y'all knew this already!)

ETA (now that I see Labby's post): I'm all for vidathons and themed challenges. Those are lots of fun. Notice that I've organized a few of those, myself, actually. Makes me wish people would join in more, though, instead of just sitting around and waiting for others to put some life back into the place. Ahem.

Superman: Why is it that good villains never die?
Batman: Clark, what the hell are good villains?
=> Superman/Batman: Public Enemies
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
Ooh, semantics! goofy But who said anything about dead anyway? Me?? Nope.

'Death' as referred to in the title is 'the act of dying' ie approaching death, which is a process that can take years and years. Miss Moon is right. Not dead yet. Just possibly meandering slowly towards being so.

Blahblahblah... goofy

Hey Lara, can we do another vidathon now I sort of know sort of how to make then? (oh, wait, your partner in crime seems to have absconded...)

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Makes me wish people would join in more, though, instead of just sitting around and waiting for others to put some life back into the place. Ahem.
Too true. laugh Maybe that could be our official slogan.

"Stop being part of the problem. Become the solution." goofy

LabRat smile

The Musketeers
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Online Content
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally posted by gr8shadesofElvis:
Now that NSM is over and Michael's stories are nearing an end I fear we'll be in for another quiet period.
blush Thanks smile But I do have half a dozen more ideas, a big story plot bunny, actually, it's a big white elephant by now, and so ...

And on the gfic-boards we have 5-6 stories posting weekly, too.

And the themed challenges sound like a good idea, too.

Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Hey Lara, can we do another vidathon now I sort of know sort of how to make then?
Go right ahead and start one -- why wait for someone else to get the ball rolling?

Superman: Why is it that good villains never die?
Batman: Clark, what the hell are good villains?
=> Superman/Batman: Public Enemies
Features Writer
Features Writer
Now that NSM is over and Michael's stories are nearing an end I fear we'll be in for another quiet period. Let's hope not.
Never fear, several(really, really good) fics are in the works (both gfic and nfic). I hope the fabulous authors I beta for don't mind me volunteering that. Be on the lookout because all of them are original and fabulous! I'm really excited.

alcyone

One loses so many laughs by not laughing at oneself - Sara Jeannette Duncan
http://languagelog.ldc.upenn.edu/myl/llog/duty_calls.png
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Online Content
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Hey, that's great to hear, alcyone. It's always great to know that there are new fics in the queue.

Michael

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  KSaraSara 

Link Copied to Clipboard