Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#237346 04/04/07 06:57 AM
Features Writer
OP Offline
Features Writer
Well, we all know that Catherine Bruce loves her cheese (even if mostly she's only eaten cheddar, mozzerella, and Kraft singles), but what about yall? You like cheese, too?

Mmm cheese.

I vid, therefor I am.

The hardest lesson is that love can be so fair to some, and so cruel to others. Even those who would be gods.

Anne Shirley: I'm glad you spell your name with a "K." Katherine with a "K" is so much more alluring than Catherine with a "C." A "C" always looks so smug.
Me: *cries*
#237347 04/04/07 09:06 AM
Top Banana
Top Banana
LOVE cheese!

Sometimes, it doesn't love me, but I eat it anyway.

"You take turns, advise and protect one another, even heal or be healed when the going gets too tough. I know! That's not a game--that's friendship!" ~Shelly Mezzanoble, Confessions of a Part-Time Sorceress: A Girl's Guide to the Dungeons & Dragons Game

Darcy\'s Place
#237348 04/04/07 09:15 AM
Top Banana
Top Banana
I LOVE cheese! In all its forms and shapes and tastes. Now I know that my country is known for its cheese, but the French and Italian... *drools*

Apparantly, our Gouda cheese is world famous. But I have to say, it's not the same anywhere else on the world but here. And it really is not *that* special. Though, I do love how people pronounce 'Gouda'. The first time someone mentioned it to me, I was like 'eh, whatcha talking about?' Now, it's just endearing. <g>

Did you know it's almost time for the 'fresh' cheese to show up again? Cows in the meadows eating grass... *drools some more*

Saskia smile

I tawt I taw a puddy cat!
#237349 04/04/07 09:21 AM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Cheeeeeeeeeeese!!! drool

I'll eat absolutely any kind of cheese. I would eat nothing *but* cheese!

Heck, you can tell how much I like cheese just by looking at what's on my iPod... I've got a couple of albums on there by Richard Cheese. (*lol* could not help myself, had to edit to add that!)

Love your answer choices. Just plain hilarious!!!

Superman: Why is it that good villains never die?
Batman: Clark, what the hell are good villains?
=> Superman/Batman: Public Enemies
#237350 04/04/07 10:55 AM
Top Banana
Top Banana
Apparantly, our Gouda cheese is world famous. But I have to say, it's not the same anywhere else on the world but here. And it really is not *that* special. Though, I do love how people pronounce 'Gouda'. The first time someone mentioned it to me, I was like 'eh, whatcha talking about?' Now, it's just endearing.
Hehe . . . I know what you mean about the pronunciation, Saskia. My dad and grandma get after me whenever I pronounce it the American way instead of the real way. smile

And whenever my grandma goes over there for a vacation (or her friend Suzanne comes over here) she brings back some cheese for the people who ask for it. My dad likes it young, but I like the older, sharper Gouda.

"You take turns, advise and protect one another, even heal or be healed when the going gets too tough. I know! That's not a game--that's friendship!" ~Shelly Mezzanoble, Confessions of a Part-Time Sorceress: A Girl's Guide to the Dungeons & Dragons Game

Darcy\'s Place
#237351 04/04/07 11:15 AM
Features Writer
OP Offline
Features Writer
What IS the proper way to pronounce 'gouda'? Is it like Stargate's Goa'uld? I've always pronounced it Goo (as in slimy goo) and da...

Mmm cheese.

I vid, therefor I am.

The hardest lesson is that love can be so fair to some, and so cruel to others. Even those who would be gods.

Anne Shirley: I'm glad you spell your name with a "K." Katherine with a "K" is so much more alluring than Catherine with a "C." A "C" always looks so smug.
Me: *cries*
#237352 04/04/07 11:39 AM
RL Offline
Top Banana
Top Banana
I've never watched Farscape, so I have no idea what the reference is to, but I chose it anyway since none of the other choices fit. I'm essentially using it as "Other".

Cheese is okay. I don't mind having some, but I never go out of my way to get any. I prefer hamburgers to cheeseburgers. I don't care for Mac & Cheese. But I like pizza and a nice bleu cheese melted on top of a nice New York steak.

I could have chosen "with meat", I suppose, but I like cheese without meat as well, such as in a pizza.

-- Roger

"The Constitution only gives people the right to pursue happiness. You have to catch it yourself." -- Benjamin Franklin
#237353 04/04/07 12:53 PM
Merriwether
Merriwether
I like cheese most of the time, but usually with something. Eating cheese by itself somehow doesn't appeal that much.

My sister, however, only likes pizza without cheese, if you can still call it pizza.

I think, therefore, I get bananas.

When in doubt, think about time travel conundrums. You'll confuse yourself so you can forget what you were in doubt about.

What's the difference between ignorance, apathy, and ambivalence?
I don't know and I don't care one way or the other.
#237354 04/04/07 01:13 PM
Top Banana
Top Banana
I usually love cheese, expecially Parmigiano Reggiano (which is not the common "parmesan"! If you're trying to buy real italian parmigiano and seeing written "parmesan", well that is not made in Italy parmigiano reggiano), mozzarella (expecially mozzarella di bufala campana), Asiago; I hate gorgonzola, mascarpone and Camembert but I like fontina,Brie and Emmental.

Simona smile

#237355 04/04/07 04:52 PM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Well cheese doesn't like me <g>, but I pretty much like all types I've run into except for goat cheese.

JD

"Meg...who let you back in the house?" -Family Guy
#237356 04/04/07 06:52 PM
Top Banana
Top Banana
What IS the proper way to pronounce 'gouda'?
Well, the Dutch way, of course. <g> The 'ou' is a sound pretty much unique to Dutch, rather like 'au'. So I guess it'd be like GOU-da. It's a very loud G, and 'da' as in well, what babies say. wink Makes sense? I'm crap at explaining this.

And Darcy, are you or your family originally from around here? Sorry, bit off topic. laugh

Saskia

#237357 04/04/07 07:25 PM
Merriwether
Merriwether
Is that "au" more like the au in the German kraut, or like the English gaudy?

I think, therefore, I get bananas.

When in doubt, think about time travel conundrums. You'll confuse yourself so you can forget what you were in doubt about.

What's the difference between ignorance, apathy, and ambivalence?
I don't know and I don't care one way or the other.
#237358 04/04/07 08:05 PM
Kerth
Kerth
When I was pregnant with my son, milk and cheese were the only things that I craved. I would eat large blocks of hard cheese, usually sharp cheddar. But my husband hates cheese, so it would completely gross him out. laugh

You can find my stories as Groobie on the nfic archives and Susan Young on the gfic archives. In other words, you know me as Groobie. wink
#237359 04/04/07 10:12 PM
C
Kerth
Kerth
C
LOVE my cheese!

My dad can't stand it thinks it smells really bad, but I love it. As a kid I could go through a whole packet of Kraft singles plain without any bread or cracker or anything. I'm not a huge fan of processed cheese I prefer real cheese.

I don't eat a lot of it these days and it's because no one else eats it in my family, but chesse is yummy!

The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched they must be felt with the heart

Helen Keller
#237360 04/04/07 10:28 PM
Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Is this a trick question? laugh

I've heard Gouda pronounced as goo-da or gou-da (with the gou as in cow).

LabRat smile

Athos: If you'd told us what you were doing, we might have been able to plan this properly.
Aramis: Yes, sorry.
Athos: No, no, by all means, let's keep things suicidal.

The Musketeers
#237361 04/05/07 08:58 AM
Top Banana
Top Banana
You've got it Rat! Cow sounds just like it! Maybe I really do need a few more classes. :p

Saskia

#237362 04/09/07 06:55 AM
Columnist
Columnist
mmm cheese but also I'm half French half Dutch. Those are the cheese countries laugh .
I'm just cursed with loving cheese :p !!!

"I have no regrets. If you regret things, then you're sort of stepping backwards.
I'm a believer in going forwards." ~Kate Winslet
#237363 04/09/07 08:01 AM
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Like RL, I don't understand the Farscape reference. Can someone enlighten me, please?

Yes, I'm a cheese fan. Given a choice between giving up a smelly Camembert and buying an air tight container so that I could protect my fridge from its stink, I went out and bought a cheese container. smile I also have Roquefort and cheddar in the fridge at the moment. I'm also a fan of goat's cheese. smile

Chris

#237364 04/09/07 11:15 AM
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
I love cheese drool , I could eat nothing but cheese if given the chance. My favorites are Brie, Extra Sharp cheddar and Bleu Cheese. But I will basically eat any kind of cheese.

"Mmm, cheese. I would love to go France and eat only bread and cheese, no not even bread. Oh, but bread and pastries and pate. I'm really not high, its just I used to fat."

Anyone know where that quote is from? Its not a lnc quote.
Kate laugh

Come on Lois you havent said a word since 1866!

Thanks for the avatar, Hana.
#237365 04/09/07 02:18 PM
Merriwether
Merriwether
Mmm, cheese. I could go on and on about cheese. I could sing along with Pinky. o/~ Cheese! Wonderful cheeses! Cheese from around the world! Cheese, it's the taste that pleases. Cheese from around the world! o/~ I had this absolutely lovely Irish cheese on St. Paddy's day. I want more of it!

"You need me. You wouldn't be much of a hero without a villain. And you do love being the hero, don't you. The cheering children, the swooning women, you love it so much, it's made you my most reliable accomplice." -- Lex Luthor to Superman, Question Authority, Justice League Unlimited
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  KSaraSara 

Link Copied to Clipboard