Lois & Clark Forums
Posted By: Catherine Bruce Do YOU like cheese? - 04/04/07 10:57 AM
Well, we all know that Catherine Bruce loves her cheese (even if mostly she's only eaten cheddar, mozzerella, and Kraft singles), but what about yall? You like cheese, too?
Posted By: DSDragon Re: Do YOU like cheese? - 04/04/07 01:06 PM
LOVE cheese!

Sometimes, it doesn't love me, but I eat it anyway.
Posted By: Saskia Re: Do YOU like cheese? - 04/04/07 01:15 PM
I LOVE cheese! In all its forms and shapes and tastes. Now I know that my country is known for its cheese, but the French and Italian... *drools*

Apparantly, our Gouda cheese is world famous. But I have to say, it's not the same anywhere else on the world but here. And it really is not *that* special. Though, I do love how people pronounce 'Gouda'. The first time someone mentioned it to me, I was like 'eh, whatcha talking about?' Now, it's just endearing. <g>

Did you know it's almost time for the 'fresh' cheese to show up again? Cows in the meadows eating grass... *drools some more*

Saskia smile
Posted By: LaraMoon Re: Do YOU like cheese? - 04/04/07 01:21 PM
Cheeeeeeeeeeese!!! drool

I'll eat absolutely any kind of cheese. I would eat nothing *but* cheese!

Heck, you can tell how much I like cheese just by looking at what's on my iPod... I've got a couple of albums on there by Richard Cheese. (*lol* could not help myself, had to edit to add that!)

Love your answer choices. Just plain hilarious!!!
Posted By: DSDragon Re: Do YOU like cheese? - 04/04/07 02:55 PM
Apparantly, our Gouda cheese is world famous. But I have to say, it's not the same anywhere else on the world but here. And it really is not *that* special. Though, I do love how people pronounce 'Gouda'. The first time someone mentioned it to me, I was like 'eh, whatcha talking about?' Now, it's just endearing.
Hehe . . . I know what you mean about the pronunciation, Saskia. My dad and grandma get after me whenever I pronounce it the American way instead of the real way. smile

And whenever my grandma goes over there for a vacation (or her friend Suzanne comes over here) she brings back some cheese for the people who ask for it. My dad likes it young, but I like the older, sharper Gouda.
Posted By: Catherine Bruce Re: Do YOU like cheese? - 04/04/07 03:15 PM
What IS the proper way to pronounce 'gouda'? Is it like Stargate's Goa'uld? I've always pronounced it Goo (as in slimy goo) and da...
Posted By: RL Re: Do YOU like cheese? - 04/04/07 03:39 PM
I've never watched Farscape, so I have no idea what the reference is to, but I chose it anyway since none of the other choices fit. I'm essentially using it as "Other".

Cheese is okay. I don't mind having some, but I never go out of my way to get any. I prefer hamburgers to cheeseburgers. I don't care for Mac & Cheese. But I like pizza and a nice bleu cheese melted on top of a nice New York steak.

I could have chosen "with meat", I suppose, but I like cheese without meat as well, such as in a pizza.
Posted By: woody Re: Do YOU like cheese? - 04/04/07 04:53 PM
I like cheese most of the time, but usually with something. Eating cheese by itself somehow doesn't appeal that much.

My sister, however, only likes pizza without cheese, if you can still call it pizza.
Posted By: Simona Re: Do YOU like cheese? - 04/04/07 05:13 PM
I usually love cheese, expecially Parmigiano Reggiano (which is not the common "parmesan"! If you're trying to buy real italian parmigiano and seeing written "parmesan", well that is not made in Italy parmigiano reggiano), mozzarella (expecially mozzarella di bufala campana), Asiago; I hate gorgonzola, mascarpone and Camembert but I like fontina,Brie and Emmental.

Simona smile
Posted By: Shadow Re: Do YOU like cheese? - 04/04/07 08:52 PM
Well cheese doesn't like me <g>, but I pretty much like all types I've run into except for goat cheese.

JD
Posted By: Saskia Re: Do YOU like cheese? - 04/04/07 10:52 PM
What IS the proper way to pronounce 'gouda'?
Well, the Dutch way, of course. <g> The 'ou' is a sound pretty much unique to Dutch, rather like 'au'. So I guess it'd be like GOU-da. It's a very loud G, and 'da' as in well, what babies say. wink Makes sense? I'm crap at explaining this.

And Darcy, are you or your family originally from around here? Sorry, bit off topic. laugh

Saskia
Posted By: woody Re: Do YOU like cheese? - 04/04/07 11:25 PM
Is that "au" more like the au in the German kraut, or like the English gaudy?
Posted By: groobie Re: Do YOU like cheese? - 04/05/07 12:05 AM
When I was pregnant with my son, milk and cheese were the only things that I craved. I would eat large blocks of hard cheese, usually sharp cheddar. But my husband hates cheese, so it would completely gross him out. laugh
Posted By: Crazy_Babe Re: Do YOU like cheese? - 04/05/07 02:12 AM
LOVE my cheese!

My dad can't stand it thinks it smells really bad, but I love it. As a kid I could go through a whole packet of Kraft singles plain without any bread or cracker or anything. I'm not a huge fan of processed cheese I prefer real cheese.

I don't eat a lot of it these days and it's because no one else eats it in my family, but chesse is yummy!
Posted By: LabRat Re: Do YOU like cheese? - 04/05/07 02:28 AM
Is this a trick question? laugh

I've heard Gouda pronounced as goo-da or gou-da (with the gou as in cow).

LabRat smile
Posted By: Saskia Re: Do YOU like cheese? - 04/05/07 12:58 PM
You've got it Rat! Cow sounds just like it! Maybe I really do need a few more classes. :p

Saskia
Posted By: Mrs. McLeod Re: Do YOU like cheese? - 04/09/07 10:55 AM
mmm cheese but also I'm half French half Dutch. Those are the cheese countries laugh .
I'm just cursed with loving cheese :p !!!
Posted By: Krissie Re: Do YOU like cheese? - 04/09/07 12:01 PM
Like RL, I don't understand the Farscape reference. Can someone enlighten me, please?

Yes, I'm a cheese fan. Given a choice between giving up a smelly Camembert and buying an air tight container so that I could protect my fridge from its stink, I went out and bought a cheese container. smile I also have Roquefort and cheddar in the fridge at the moment. I'm also a fan of goat's cheese. smile

Chris
Posted By: daisymay390 Re: Do YOU like cheese? - 04/09/07 03:15 PM
I love cheese drool , I could eat nothing but cheese if given the chance. My favorites are Brie, Extra Sharp cheddar and Bleu Cheese. But I will basically eat any kind of cheese.

"Mmm, cheese. I would love to go France and eat only bread and cheese, no not even bread. Oh, but bread and pastries and pate. I'm really not high, its just I used to fat."

Anyone know where that quote is from? Its not a lnc quote.
Kate laugh
Posted By: Karen Re: Do YOU like cheese? - 04/09/07 06:18 PM
Mmm, cheese. I could go on and on about cheese. I could sing along with Pinky. o/~ Cheese! Wonderful cheeses! Cheese from around the world! Cheese, it's the taste that pleases. Cheese from around the world! o/~ I had this absolutely lovely Irish cheese on St. Paddy's day. I want more of it!
Posted By: Catherine Bruce Re: Do YOU like cheese? - 04/09/07 06:41 PM
Farscape. Farwhat? The best SciFi show EVER!!! It ranks right up there with LnC for Favorite Shows of All Time for Brucie. ^_^

I'm glad to see I have so many fellow cheese fans! Yahoo!
Posted By: LabRat Re: Do YOU like cheese? - 04/10/07 02:09 AM
I know what Farscape is. I'm just not sure what it has to do with cheese, never having watched more than the odd episode while channel hopping. Sorry, Cat. I know this is obviously a terrible lack of taste on my part. laugh

LabRat smile
Posted By: Catherine Bruce Re: Do YOU like cheese? - 04/10/07 09:25 AM
Gasp, LabRat! And to think, they parodied it on Stargate wink (Best five seconds of Stargate (aside from the resignation in the time recycling episode) EVER!!)

And, really, it has absolutley nothing to do with cheese. I just didn't wanna put 'other.' laugh
Posted By: Krissie Re: Do YOU like cheese? - 04/10/07 11:40 AM
"Mmm, cheese. I would love to go France and eat only bread and cheese, no not even bread. Oh, but bread and pastries and pate. I'm really not high, its just I used to fat."
Ah, hah! That's from Friends, and those lines belong to Monica. Don't ask me which episode. All I can tell you is that it's one that I've seen in the last week. Bless reruns. smile

Chris
Posted By: SuperRoo Re: Do YOU like cheese? - 04/10/07 03:53 PM
I love cheese, but not very many types. Blue cheese freaks me out. My hubby's uncle always went on about stilton because he grew up in the home region of this cheese.

Love:
old cheedar
mozzerella
monterey jack
North American style cream cheese
cottage cheese
edam

I can't remember if I like Brie and Camembert.

Love TV cheese. My hubby says LnC is full of it.
Eek gotta go!
Posted By: Marcus Rowland Re: Do YOU like cheese? - 04/10/07 03:58 PM
Love most types (especially cheddar and some of the other British cheeses, some blue and green cheeses, and parmesan), but for medical reasons I have to limit my consumption, so I rarely buy it.
Posted By: daisymay390 Re: Do YOU like cheese? - 04/12/07 06:13 PM
Ah, hah! That's from Friends, and those lines belong to Monica. Don't ask me which episode. All I can tell you is that it's one that I've seen in the last week. Bless reruns.
Right! It is from Friends and Monica said it. I just thought it would be perfect for this thread. I was beginning to think no one watched Friends. eek
Posted By: princessanna Re: Do YOU like cheese? - 04/13/07 03:36 AM
Love TV cheese. My hubby says LnC is full of it.
rotflol

Eh, but that's why we love it, right? The cheesiness and the waffiness... And those completely crazy plotlines!

I join with everyone in saying 'Mmm, cheese...'. I like every type of cheese I've ever tasted (which is lots), except for parmesan. I think it's because it infests the house with a smell like throw-up. Puts me off completely. Otherwise, it's not so bad. I just can't stand eating it after I've smelled it. Maybe I should invest in some nose plugs for those times I want to eat a Caesar salad etc... Hmm... Now there's a thought!

~Anna.
Posted By: ethnica Re: Do YOU like cheese? - 04/14/07 11:38 AM
Funny, some folks call it dairy but I always thought cheese was bovine. peep
© Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards