Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
#236050 01/10/06 04:38 AM
Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
My particular weakness is chocolate covered macadmia nuts.
<whimper> Chocolate-covered hazelnuts... <cue Homer Simpsonesque Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm>

And I hear you on that weight thing, Nan. I put on 7. razz It's not fair.

LabRat smile

Athos: If you'd told us what you were doing, we might have been able to plan this properly.
Aramis: Yes, sorry.
Athos: No, no, by all means, let's keep things suicidal.

The Musketeers
#236051 01/10/06 05:22 AM
T
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
T
Not a big chocolate fan. I like it, but I don't go into spasms of joy or anything. I prefer milk chocolate and white chocolate (I like truffles, especially).

I wish I could try the Flake and Snowflake bars, but I don't know anywhere here that has them.

#236052 01/10/06 08:53 AM
Features Writer
Features Writer
OK, now all this talk about chocolate left me with the urge to eat some. drool ...nah! If I do that, there goes the diet I just started this week.

Oh, why did I open this thread? goofy

Going to get something to eat (NOT chocolate!)

See ya! wave

malu

#236053 01/10/06 10:13 AM
A
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
A
I like milk chocolate better, although dark's all right too. And I'll leave it here, if you don't mind, because I don't want to get cravings goofy

See ya,
AnnaBtG.

What we've got here is failure to communicate...
#236054 01/10/06 12:55 PM
S
Sileas Offline OP
Hack from Nowheresville
OP Offline
Hack from Nowheresville
S
yes, Wendy, Cadbury's is quite good. if I had to eat milk, it would be theirs. cadbury's and caramel....mmmm

oo! ooo! smile1 cadbury's eggs! smile1 o yes! o yes! golly, when I had my first one of those.... oooo man. jump I think I spent about 24 hours vibrating on a sugar high. mmmm!

yeah, for milk chocolate to be palatable (sp?) for me, it's gotta have something in it---peanuts, almonds, rice crispies, something in it.

and for those non-americans out there who prefer milk----I'm willing to bet that what us americans call dark chocolate is closer to what you'd call milk (this is said by someone who prefers dark!). your chocolate is sooooo yummy. but otherwise, I still don't see the point of a hershey's (milk chocolate) kiss except for smashingly cool tv ads. but their DARK chocolate kisses are....well, I'll vacuum up a bag of those in no time!

#236055 01/10/06 06:26 PM
Merriwether
Merriwether
Hi,

I like milk chocolate, but I don't like all. Growing up I hated Hershey's. I liked the stuff my grandparents brought over from the UK and the limited range of Cadbury's they have here.

I don't consider milk chocolate to be plain. Plain chocolate to me is the cheap stuff that tastes horrid, but I can see it being the plain stuff. To me it hardly is.

I now like Hershey's. I enjoy it with Almonds. I like the Kisses and Kitkat (regular) though forever. My mum only eats white and dark.

I am not a fan of dark chocolate because it makes me sick. All chocolate does if I eat too much, but dark is the kicker for me. As soon as it hits my tongue it is game over man.

I don't like Godiva or Lindt's. However I did have Lindt choclate that had a nut in the centre. That rocked. I like those Ferrio Rochers (sp?). I like Morden's Chocolate (a family store where I live. I don't know where they ship to). I like some stuff from Laura Secord - yum. I only like a couple from Pot of Gold, but to me that is a poor excuse for a chocolate box. As for the Guylian sea fruits, it depends on how I am feeling.

I dislike any organe or strawberry chocolate. I like it plain, with nuts or raisins. I didn't get a lot of treats like this in my house, only when I went to my grandparents so maybe that is why I am picky.

I am beginning to like white chocolate, however only cookies and cream one by I think Hershey! Yeah, not pure white. I can't do that yet.

The cheap 'bon bon' chocolate is deathly horrible. The only bon bon ones I like have a caramel centre or with coconut, nuts. Me picky!

Some of my favourites:
[Linked Image]

These but I have not tried their version with caramel:
[Linked Image]

I could go on forever, but then I'd crave chocolate and I'm trying to be good here! Oh and it is almost midnight and I have to be up at 7. OH, look at the trouble chocolate got me into this time!!!!

Cheers.

EDIT -- see my avatar at Zoomway\'s boards ?

[Linked Image]

I've converted to lurk-ism... hopefully only temporary.
#236056 01/10/06 09:23 PM
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Okay, this is what I consider dark chocolate (or pure chocolate):

[Linked Image]

And this is milk chocolate:

[Linked Image]

These are delicious sea fruits:

[Linked Image]

And then there are bouchees:

[Linked Image]

I don't know how well known these chocolates are abroad, but I know I love them drool

Greets,

~ An ~
#236057 01/11/06 01:06 PM
S
Sileas Offline OP
Hack from Nowheresville
OP Offline
Hack from Nowheresville
S
well, cheers, thank you people so very much, but reading/drooling over the above posts on chocolate and I NEARLY LET MY (CHOCOLATE COVERED) COOKIES BURN IN THE OVEN!!!!!

so this one's for you people. *me flings small pan of blackness straight at chocolate crowd's head*

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  KSaraSara 

Link Copied to Clipboard