Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
...that is the question. So, your story is finished... do you send it to an archive (lcfanfic and/or annesplace)?

PJ

"You told me you weren't like other men," she said, shaking her head at him when the storm of laughter had passed.
He grinned at her - a goofy, Clark Kent kind of a grin. "I have a gift for understatement."
"You can say that again," she told him.
"I have a...."
"Oh, shut up."

--Stardust, Caroline K
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Okay, I voted other. Sometimes I write a story, and I know I'll submit it to the Archive (eventually). Other stories I write just to post to the message boards. And it's not that I'd label those stories something like 'not good enough for the Archive,' but most of the time, they are just experimentations to get feedback. So not every story I write has an attached intention of submitting it to the Archive.

Jen

"Meg...who let you back in the house?" -Family Guy
Y
Top Banana
Top Banana
Y
People don't submit stories to the archive? Why not?

I have never submitted a non-nfic story to Annesplace. I figure they would just be taking up room on her site that would be better devoted to other people's stories. My stories are all on the archive, so why make extra work for A and El?

Laura "The Yellow Dart" U. (Alicia U. on the archive)

"A hero is an ordinary individual who finds the strength to persevere and endure in spite of overwhelming obstacles." -- Christopher Reeve
Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
I figure they would just be taking up room on her site that would be better devoted to other people's stories. My stories are all on the archive, so why make extra work for A and El?
I think you'll probably find, Laura, that the same holds true for most of the authors who have gfic stories archived at Annesplace. Certainly mine are uploaded to both sites. And I'm sure Annette would be more than happy to include yours and certainly wouldn't think it was wasting her time.

I don't know about anyone else, but I've always just been of the mind that you can't archive your stories too many places. There may be people who find your stories on Anneplace who don't know the Archive exists. And vice versa. It could be a backup. If something happens - heaven forbid <G> - to either site, you still have your stories safely out there.

LabRat smile

Athos: If you'd told us what you were doing, we might have been able to plan this properly.
Aramis: Yes, sorry.
Athos: No, no, by all means, let's keep things suicidal.

The Musketeers

Moderated by  KSaraSara 

Link Copied to Clipboard