Lois & Clark Forums
Posted By: ChiefPam To Archive, or Not To Archive - 09/05/05 11:32 AM
...that is the question. So, your story is finished... do you send it to an archive (lcfanfic and/or annesplace)?

PJ
Posted By: Shadow Re: To Archive, or Not To Archive - 09/05/05 02:54 PM
Okay, I voted other. Sometimes I write a story, and I know I'll submit it to the Archive (eventually). Other stories I write just to post to the message boards. And it's not that I'd label those stories something like 'not good enough for the Archive,' but most of the time, they are just experimentations to get feedback. So not every story I write has an attached intention of submitting it to the Archive.

Jen
Posted By: YellowDartVader Re: To Archive, or Not To Archive - 09/06/05 11:21 PM
People don't submit stories to the archive? Why not?

I have never submitted a non-nfic story to Annesplace. I figure they would just be taking up room on her site that would be better devoted to other people's stories. My stories are all on the archive, so why make extra work for A and El?
Posted By: LabRat Re: To Archive, or Not To Archive - 09/07/05 08:38 AM
I figure they would just be taking up room on her site that would be better devoted to other people's stories. My stories are all on the archive, so why make extra work for A and El?
I think you'll probably find, Laura, that the same holds true for most of the authors who have gfic stories archived at Annesplace. Certainly mine are uploaded to both sites. And I'm sure Annette would be more than happy to include yours and certainly wouldn't think it was wasting her time.

I don't know about anyone else, but I've always just been of the mind that you can't archive your stories too many places. There may be people who find your stories on Anneplace who don't know the Archive exists. And vice versa. It could be a backup. If something happens - heaven forbid <G> - to either site, you still have your stories safely out there.

LabRat smile
© Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards