Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Sorcha Offline OP
Beat Reporter
OP Offline
Beat Reporter
Dave, Davey, sweetie, honey, etc etc... two words.

You posted!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And an extra one... FINALLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

goofy and really, the way you started off;

“Dearly beloved, we are gathered here today in the sight of God and the presence of these witnesses to join together this man and this woman in holy matrimony.”

Lois looked around slowly. All those people, the hundreds of faces she didn’t know. Here to watch her marry Lex. To watch them be joined.

The Archbishop continued to speak as she looked at him, smiled nervously and looked away.

‘Speak now,’ he’d said.

Speak now.

Speak.

The little voice at the back of her head was telling her to. To speak, to walk, to run, to flee… while she could.
...sucked me in straight away smile

And then here, what a total sucker punch;

She stood in front of the hundreds of strangers. She stood in the sight of God.

Ready to lie.

Her mind was made up.
Oh, Lois!! Don't say yes! Don't! whinging

And then this is so brilliant;

And then she gave him one. She saved herself.
Really, just darned perfect clap

And Dave! Davey! Honey! What a cruel place to stop laugh Proud of you wink And trust me I wouldn't be saying that if I had to wait to read the next piece! [second piece of smuggery, see, not doing too badly wink ]

Love this first part. Love it, love it, love it. And only gets better from here... [third piece! *claps self on the back*] wink

Till next time smile

Sara.

Death: Easy, Bill. You'll give yourself a heart attack and ruin my vacation.

Meet Joe Black
Top Banana
Top Banana
I'm speechless!

Awed.

And speechless!

What an amazing beginning. Sparse and immediate and tense and... and... man, lots of other things I just can't wrap the words around.

Love him hearing Lois save herself. That was my favorite line. Lois washing away the bride. Hearing Clark through the door- his concentration, seeing her door and only that. And then he falls through in the cape. Well... I'm speechless! And a tiny bit in love with your muse, David. Maybe lots more than a tiny bit, but I don't want to scare you off.

More soon, ok? Really soon. I mean, if it's all written you could just pour it all out now, right??

CC

You mean we're supposed to have lives?

Oh crap!

~Tank
Top Banana
Top Banana
Wonderful, I'm hooked!

~Liz

Lois: Can I go?
Clark: No.
Lois: Oh come on, Clark, why do we go through this? We both know I’m going to go.
Clark: Then why do you ask?
Lois: I’m trying to be nice.
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
I shock ...speechless thud !

That was fantastic! Original! Breathtaking! I think I need to find a place in my top five favorite Authors.

{edited}And I need to read Echo. Definitely..Just read it. Wow, powerful.

And my take on CCMalo's quibble...

I have to disagree. The way David wrote it was what made it sooo good, for me. I felt driven to keep reading. It hightened the emotion for me. I liked it. shrug.

James

“…with God everything is possible.” Matthew 19:26.

Also read Nan's Terran Underground!
Merriwether
Merriwether
I haven't read a L&C fic in a while, but I heard some buzz about this one and the premise description hooked me instantly. What a fabulous, creative, clever idea ... I can't believe no one else has thought of it, but I'm so glad you did!

Basically, you could just take everything CC wrote up there ahead of me and paste it here. I'm in awe. I love your style. I love your story telling and the emotions and intensity of it all.

I'm reminded once again why I don't normally read in parts, because, believe me, if I knew where you lived, I'd be shimmying up the drainpipe to sneak my way into your hard drive.

Is there a posting schedule on this one? Is it finished? Dare I hope that I'll only have to wait three more days to get the final three parts?

More, please. Soon. Sooner than soon. *Now* would be, like, just perfect.

Kathy smile

Top Banana
Top Banana
Oh wow!!! jawdrop David, that first part is *amazing*!!! I kept thinking you couldn't top the level of tension, but you still succeeded, especially with those last few lines. Can't wait for the next part!!

Kaethel smile

- I'm your partner. I'm your friend.
- Is that what we are?
- Oh, you know what? I don't know what we are. We kiss and then we never talk about it. We nearly die frozen in each other's arms, but we never talk about it, so no, I got no clue what we are.

~ Rick Castle and Kate Beckett ~ Knockout ~
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
What??!

Clark's tangled in a heap on the doorstep, and you leave me there?!

Jen

"Meg...who let you back in the house?" -Family Guy
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Hi,

Like it! hyper

Maria D. Ferdez.
---
Don't like Luthor, unfinished, untitled and crossover story, and people that promises and don't deliver. I'm getting choosy with age.
MAF
Top Banana
Top Banana
Oh, yeah! This is GOOD!!!

Top Banana
Top Banana
This is good...real good!

I'm a firm believer in the fact that God doesn't put any more on us than we can bear. He does however make us come to Jesus every so often.
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Excellent beginning. This is the first fic I'm reading in real time on the boards, and I look forward to the rest. Very well depicted, and what an interesting premise. Can't believe it'll only be four parts, but you have me hooked. smile

Chris
"Superman is a guy who's seen wonders we'll never see and Lois is to him, one of those wonders."
Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
(Moving my comment over to here as it seems to have developed as the main comments folder. smile )

You know a story is a good one when you get duplicate comments folders. goofy I'll choose this one for no particular reason.

Well, I had to go check this out after reading the comments. LOL'd at the author's notes before I even started - I just love your sense of humour, David.

And I really, really loved this. I enjoyed the sparseness of the style. Much as I love a ton of indepth introspection in a story (and you know I do laugh ), it's nice now and then to read something like this. I thought the amount of information you portrayed was just the right note. Very effective and with a rhythm to the reading that flowed beautifully. Almost poetic. Definitely lyrical. It's a style all your own and you should never change it. It works for you. And it works even better for the reader.

I have some small doubts as to whether it's a style that can be sustained over more than a vignette and into four segments. But if anyone can pull it off, I think it's you. I'm definitely interested in seeing it anyway.

Too many wonderful little moments to pick out, but I'm just such a fan of the way you put words together, David. You tell a wonderful story, the plots are intriguing and the characters are the ones I love. But beyond all of that, you give us an extra bonus of words crafted just so for maximum impact that resonate in the mind long after they're read.

Post more soon!

LabRat smile

PS - I adore the title, too!

Athos: If you'd told us what you were doing, we might have been able to plan this properly.
Aramis: Yes, sorry.
Athos: No, no, by all means, let's keep things suicidal.

The Musketeers
D
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
D
*ahem*

Wow! Thanks for the fdk laugh

Sara - Only three pieces? Pfft :p

CC...

Love him hearing Lois save herself. That was my favorite line.
That's my favourite line too, so *thank you* for pointing it out laugh

I had to be physically restrained from posting the rest after I'd read your fdk. Wow laugh

James - I'm glad you liked it, and I'm glad you liked Echo too smile Driven to keep reading... that's what I was aiming for, yes, exactly wink

Kathy - I have buzz? Are you sure it was this story? wink

It *is* finished, but... well, let's just say it'll be getting a sequel smile

Lab - Don't be silly now, I love both my fdk threads equally wink

You've said the magic words... rhythm... hopefully you'll be able to remember that, because...

I have some small doubts as to whether it's a style that can be sustained over more than a vignette and into four segments.
Me too frown

But we'll find out smile

Too many wonderful little moments to pick out, but I'm just such a fan of the way you put words together, David. You tell a wonderful story, the plots are intriguing and the characters are the ones I love. But beyond all of that, you give us an extra bonus of words crafted just so for maximum impact that resonate in the mind long after they're read.
Is there a Labrat fan club I can join? wink

Sara, CC, Liz, James, Kathy, Kae, Jen, Maria, Ethnica, Sheila, Incognito, Lab... thank you all so much. I'm glad you enjoyed part one... I just hope you don't hate me when it's over wink

'I just kind of died for you;
You just kind of stared at me'
- Aurora, Foo Fighters

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard