Next Thread
Print Thread
D
Dave Offline OP
Beat Reporter
OP Offline
Beat Reporter
D
Since I nagged and nagged... I'll jump right in...

Clark stared at the woman in his bedroom.

It was a dream.

It had to be a dream.
I *love* that line! Damn you and your great opening lines!

I really do love that line. That Clark's still so lost in his world that he can't accept it when something good happens to him, or rather, when he stumbles on something good snooping in his bedroom wink

No, the other Lois wouldn't be staring at him, terrified, her heart racing wildly.
Wonderfully descriptive! I'm starting to think I use the L word *way* too much when fdking your story, so I'm going to try something new wink

*ahem*

I like liked that line wink

I like liked the way Clark's already seperating the two Loises (Loisi? wink ) in his mind. So we know from the get go that he's not confusing them. There's no mistake in his mind. Even if he doesn't really believe she's real, at least he thinks she's an original fake.

He stood there, frozen as she stared at him, his heart scattering about in his chest like an insect caught in a jar.
Oh, I *l...adore* that line! That description. An insect caught in a jar. It's so original. And jam packed full of meaning. An insect in a jar. Fast. Fluttering. Panicked. Dammit, that line could have its own 15 minute informercial.

Really Sara, that's amazing! I ladore it!

To keep this post to a readable length... Every single word from:

That was when it hit him.
to:

"You must be Lois Lane," he tried cautiously, his voice a little stronger, but still far from normal. Surely she heard his heart pounding.
Really. Every word.

And actually, because I simply can't skip it because I thought I could, this line too:

He'd just spent an hour trying to convince himself that he *could* survive without her.
I ladore that line!

Really! It's so sad and yet... not. Not hopeless. Not shattered beyond repair. Because he is trying. He was. To convince himself he could survive... though it's suddenly pointless to do so, it's still a good sign. That's he's trying smile

Don't smile, Clark. Smiling would not be good right now. As her last words processed through his mind, he realized that he *was* smiling. He couldn't help it.
LOL! clap

That line probably shouldn't, but it cracks me up every time!

She was alive. She was fiery and determined. She was *babbling* in his bedroom. She was glaring at him; actually, giving him the look of death was more accurate.
I absolutely ladore that too smile

Especially the 'She was *babbling* in his bedroom.' - it's so universally Lois, and a perfect way for Clark to snap out of his little world.

"And I'll change into something more comfo... something else."
Nice save, Clarkie boy! Wouldn't want Lois thinking you had something else on your mind wink

She took a seat on the far side, the picture frame still gripped firmly in her hands.
*Wonderful* touch. That she's still got the picture gripped in her hands. It tells us so much about Lois' thoughts without having to switch to her POV. Marvelous! Brilliant! Genius!

Shouldn't he be happier? Shouldn't the feeling of gloom have simply disappeared the moment he'd seen her?

It *should* have.

But it hadn't.
I *know* I told you how much I loved that the first time I read through, but I'll tell you again - I *LOVE* that. That Lois wasn't a magic cure-all for Clark's ails. That Lois showing up didn't magically solve everything. I *LOVE* that. It's real. It's very, very real. And... I *LOVE* that.

Because I can't not quote it...

He...

He *hadn't* fallen in love with her at first sight.

There'd been no fluttering of butterflies, no magic, no fireworks... just the cold, blunt shock of seeing her there in his room. Alive. A little excitement if he admitted it to himself, yes, but nothing like it was supposed to be. The undeniable and shocking reality of it all was too much to handle.

This was all wrong. This wasn't how it was supposed to work.
Again... see above. I *LOVE* that. How Clark's confused because he expected her to be a cure-all. I REALLY REALLY REALLY *LOVE* it. (Over did the caps?) REALLY LOVE it. (Don't care :p )

But how did you tell someone you had a picture of them because the dead writer H.G. Wells took you to a parallel universe to pretend to be an exact replica of yourself, and while there, you developed feelings for your counterpart's fiancΓ©e, who just happens to look exactly like the person you're trying to tell? At least, how could he tell her without having her think that he was an insane psychopath?
*ahem*

Start with, "Lois, we have to talk."

No, wait. We're still at 'Ms. Lane.'

So, "Ms. Lane, we need to talk. Have you heard of HG Wells? Yes? Good. Now, have you *met* HG Wells, because *I* have..."

See, it's not that hard.

Just... don't be too surprised when the men with the white jacket come-a-knockin' wink

He thought he had a headache.
Lovely touch smile

He had to get a grip on his emotions, try and separate his dreams from this all too real nightmare of a reality.
I really like that - the nightmare reality. Nice metaphor... it is a metaphor, right?

Yeah... we'll just go with that wink

he'd never be "just Clark" with her. He'd never have that.
Oi... what a nice way to throw in some angst, you sadist, you :p

Haven't been able to stop to comment.

I know I've read this before, so... I should be able to, rather than be so slack, but...

*Could* he lie to her?
Yes, Clark, you can. The other Clark did for years!

... Just be prepared to face the consequences... she's got a long memory!

*ahem*

Ok, I'm done...

Time for a summary?

I ladore this part - especially how real you make it. You're going to make us work before you give us any happiness. (*If* you do - hurry up and write the rest, would you? I'm dying here! wink )

Good on you!

David (who makes a note to start nagging on *Wednesday*)

'I just kind of died for you;
You just kind of stared at me'
- Aurora, Foo Fighters
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Ah I need more....shoot!

So descriptive and good. I felt like Lois looking at Clark for the first time.

You know what these kids need is some Perry intervention wink Then at least Lois won't think Clark is crazy! goofy

~Lois Lane Wanna Be

"Live with intention.
Walk to the edge.
Listen Hard.
Practice wellness.
Play with abandon.
Laugh.
Choose with no regret.
Continue to learn.
Appreciate your friends.
Do what you love.
Live as if this is all there is."
~Mary Anne Radmacher
M
Blogger
Blogger
M
Hi

This is better than Harry Potter, (and that says a lot!)

/Mona

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
/me looks into comment folder and hangs head in shame blush

I've been reading this, Sara, but because of visitations and trips away and other things I haven't had time to comment - or beta-read for people, or write, or answer emails or anything. But I've got a couple of free days now and am starting to catch up.

So first I want to tell you how much I'm loving this story. You're doing such a great job of showing Clark's emotions, his depressed state, the extent of his hatred of his lonely life.

And now Lois has turned up - with her own problems - and he expects to be thrilled. Ecstatic. Over the moon - especially as the reason why he toyed with the idea of committing suicide was inextricably linked with his feelings for Lois. Now she's here... and he hasn't fallen head over heels. David put it so well: it's as if he expected her to be the cure for all his problems, and she's not. sad

Keep this coming quickly! I'm hooked. wildguy wildguy

Wendy smile

Just a fly-by! *waves*
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Hi,

Great part. hyper

MAF hyper

Maria D. Ferdez.
---
Don't like Luthor, unfinished, untitled and crossover story, and people that promises and don't deliver. I'm getting choosy with age.
MAF
K
Boards Chief Administrator
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
K
I promise I'll be back to respond to all your wonderful comments later. I'm a bit tired right now. But part 6 will be up in a few. wink

Sara

Kerth nominations are opening on March 3!
πŸ†2024 Kerth Award Posts πŸ†.

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, the show, life, and more!

You can also find me on Tumblr and AO3.

K
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
K
Oy. Sorry to take so long to get back to you. frown

Again... see above. I *LOVE* that. How Clark's confused because he expected her to be a cure-all. I REALLY REALLY REALLY *LOVE* it. (Over did the caps?) REALLY LOVE it. (Don't care )
No, David, you couldn't overdo it on the caps on this one. This is the soul of the story right here. So thank you for pointing it out. smile1

This is better than Harry Potter, (and that says a lot!)
Whoa. Mona... that's just awesome... HP is a published work... bestseller... and... Wow. eek Thank you!!!!!!!

Keep this coming quickly! I'm hooked.
Wendy... everything you said... just... : sloppy:

She still have the letter she wrote.
Maria... she does, doesn't she? Wonder if he'll ever know what it says... devil

Thank you all so much for your comments!!! :notworty: They really help to keep me motivated to finish this monster. smile

Sara laugh

Kerth nominations are opening on March 3!
πŸ†2024 Kerth Award Posts πŸ†.

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, the show, life, and more!

You can also find me on Tumblr and AO3.

Columnist
Columnist
Hehehe! Onto the fdk. smile

For a long set of moments, the air seemed to be charged. He stood there, frozen as she stared at him, his heart scattering about in his chest like an insect caught in a jar. He tried desperately to read her emotions, searching the deep brown color of her eyes and trying not to get lost. He thought he saw a flash of something there... longing? No. That had to be his imagination. Wishful thinking. Far too many dreams. Her eyes only held fright and more than a touch of wariness.
OMG! That was nice. Loved that part. razz

*Starts singing* Sara is evil, Sara is evil. razz

Rach(Onto the next part <G>)

Me: what are you looking at *Snatches pic* OMFG! Dean smeared in peanut butter?! WTF?!
Sara: LMAO it was chocolate!! smeared in chocolate!
Me: LMFAO chocolate smeared in chocolate!
Sara: LMAO the *chocolate* isn't smeared in chocolate!
Me: that's the way i read it. was trying to picture chocolate smeared in chocolate
Sara: ROTFLMAO

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard