D
Dave Offline OP
Beat Reporter
OP Offline
Beat Reporter
D
Hope you feel better soon frown

Here we go...

"If he spoke to everybody who came storming in here, demanding to be seen, he'd have no time to run the city. Besides, if you cared to read the paper, you'd know that Mayor White is out of town. If you'd like, I can find you the address of a nice homeless shelter."
Oooh... ouch frown

Poor Lois. I bet being talked down to by some... cow doesn't help her trying to get back into the MDL mode after being terrified for so long. frown

You *really* like to make your readers feel, dontcha?

Pain?

Pain doesn't cover it!

Sadist wink

She left, even more hopeless than she'd been the night before.
Oi. See above frown

She'd shared everything with them, not just because they were her family, but because she hadn't had anyone else to tell.
Oi... again frown

That's some powerful imagery, Lois, alone, talking to a gravestone about her life. So much like our Lois, and yet so different. It really stresses how different she is. How unique. Her life story isn't the one we know. She's not the woman we know. A unique, fresh character. New. Exciting. Heart broken. Alone.

Sorry... I was writing before I managed to stumble across this wink

Anyway...

Now, more than ever, she longed for the comfort of family. She crossed the threshold into the cemetery towards the only family she had left.
Aw... frown

That's really powerful. And it draws an amazing parallel between Lois and Clark. And... aw...

And then she gasped in horror.

There was a fourth headstone.

Lois Lane. 1967-1993.
OMG!

That's how I reacted, just now, again.

What a kick to the gut...

Forever etched in stone was the proof that Lois Lane no longer existed.
Wow. I actually have tears in my eyes.

Being back in the solitude of her small, rented room now after wandering outside... it killed her that it was comfortable. Four walls keeping her enclosed. Familiar. Safer, somehow. They'd done that to her, made her...
Wow, Sara. Dammit, wow.

I'm not being very coherent tonight, but... wow. You've managed to convey so much in that. The way she is now. A shadow of who she was. Her resentment at herself for being that way. Her resentment at them for making her that way. Her despair frown

Just... thank God for her stomach!

For a moment, she entertained the idea of staying dead.
I like that. Not the idea, obviously, but the fact that she thought of that. That she's not the gung-ho take no prisoners confident woman that we know. That we're tempted to equate her with. It's the subtle things like this that remind us that she's not our Lois. She's been through terrible ordeals and difficult trials. Maybe she's stronger for it. Maybe not. Either way it's a journey *you* make us want to take with her.

Lead on, El Capitahn!

^Bad accent wink

I haven't been able to stop to comment, but... MDL back on the case? Woo smile

"Sir, the subject has arrived in Metropolis. She came in demanding to see the Mayor, just as you thought she would, sir."

"I trust you followed her?"

"Of course, sir. She's staying at the Apollo Motel. Shall I make the acquisition?"
Uh oh. frown

Make acquisition?

Sara!

That's just cruel, that blasted TBC!

Luckily, and yes, I'm gloating, I've got part 4 wink

And... not 52? Not 52?!

Maybe... um... ok, about about in the 40s? The late 40s.

This part was... is... so powerful. So emotional. So wrenching. I truly, truly love it. Even the sinking feeling in the pit of my gut. The despair flowing through my veins. I feel sad, and I feel hopeless, and I feel... like I'm right there, with Lois. Every step of the way. And you've done that. And it's not a bad thing. It's a great thing. All I need is some waffy antidote. Maybe after every part you post you should post a link to a waffy story? Eh?

Or maybe I should?

... Am I allowed to?

David (Who hopes to be back with more comments later)

'I just kind of died for you;
You just kind of stared at me'
- Aurora, Foo Fighters
Top Banana
Top Banana
Eeep! Spotted!! /me sends Aragog after Johnson... And Boris for good measure spider

I like the imagery you create. Of a cleaner Metropolis and Lois, in direct contrast, not.

Poor Lois. frown (I have the feeling I'm going to be saying a lot of this <G>)

/me wants some Clark action in part 4 wink

Julie smile

Mulder: Imagine if you could come back and take out five people who had caused you to suffer. Who would they be?
Scully: I only get five?
Mulder: I remembered your birthday this year, didn't I, Scully?

(The X-Files)
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Hi,

Great piece. hyper

Maria D. Ferdez.
---
Don't like Luthor, unfinished, untitled and crossover story, and people that promises and don't deliver. I'm getting choosy with age.
MAF
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
AH! I need more! Shoot!

Lois Lane on the case...love it!

~Lois Lane Wanna Be

"Live with intention.
Walk to the edge.
Listen Hard.
Practice wellness.
Play with abandon.
Laugh.
Choose with no regret.
Continue to learn.
Appreciate your friends.
Do what you love.
Live as if this is all there is."
~Mary Anne Radmacher
K
Boards Chief Administrator
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
K
David... how could I not love you? Especially after that feedback? And not to mention, you're always the first to post. goofy

I like that. Not the idea, obviously, but the fact that she thought of that. That she's not the gung-ho take no prisoners confident woman that we know. That we're tempted to equate her with. It's the subtle things like this that remind us that she's not our Lois. She's been through terrible ordeals and difficult trials. Maybe she's stronger for it. Maybe not. Either way it's a journey *you* make us want to take with her.
Oh, and I love you more for saying that.

I like the imagery you create. Of a cleaner Metropolis and Lois, in direct contrast, not.
Thanks, Julie!!! And you might just get your wish for Clark stuff in part 4. goofy Thanks for waiting so patiently all throughout WYWG for this moment. wink

AH! I need more! Shoot!
More coming up soon, Kelly! wink

Thanks for your feedback guys, I *really* appreciate it. smile

Sara

Kerth nominations are opening on March 3!
🏆2024 Kerth Award Posts 🏆.

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, the show, life, and more!

You can also find me on Tumblr and AO3.

Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
I can't believe I didn't post fdk for this part yet Sara!

Sorry!

The woman was peering over a pair of those stupid reading glasses that Lois was sure she wore simply to make her *appear* intelligent.
mecry
(of course...it's just that...glare from the sun thats making my eyes water when I read this...yeah...you believe me don't you?)

Oh and isn't it interesting that you made references to the sun being too bright when you're talking about Clark and Lois? Or...maybe I'm crazy...

And just...aw! I really feel for Lois...and Clark too come to think of it..... I'd be lost without my family.

She was dead. Well and truly dead. They'd buried her. Forever etched in stone was the proof that Lois Lane no longer existed.
You....Lois...she...aw!!!

I'd better stop quoting little bits or you'll end up with most of the part reposted in here.

I'll just have to say that I loved it. I'd love more...you did say there'd be more soon...

In this life of froth and bubble,
Two things stand like stone.
Kindness in another's trouble,
Courage in your own.
K
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
K
Whee!! Thanks, Jenni!!! goofy ... but some are. I think the muse is just clever that way. wink But now that you mention it... for the trailer, the title cards were wholly intentional... black with yellow glimmering words cutting through... I'm just saying. laugh

I'd better stop quoting little bits or you'll end up with most of the part reposted in here.
*cough* You've seen my comments, right? blush

Thanks for the feedback, Jenni!! Late or on time, I still love it just as much. smile

Sara (who's getting the post ready for part 4 right now... wink )

Kerth nominations are opening on March 3!
🏆2024 Kerth Award Posts 🏆.

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, the show, life, and more!

You can also find me on Tumblr and AO3.

Columnist
Columnist
Eek! I missed alot. Ok fdking all the parts I missed. <G> Hehe.

The snippety woman sighed over-loudly and continued looking down her nose at Lois. The woman was peering over a pair of those stupid reading glasses that Lois was sure she wore simply to make her *appear* intelligent.
ACK! Stupid snobby people. Smack those glasses off her face! Grrrr razz

Two rows in and four over. She looked for the three headstones that marked the home of her loved ones. Daddy. Mother. Lucy...

And then she gasped in horror.

There was a fourth headstone.

Lois Lane. 1967-1993.
*plays dramatic music*

Dead.

Dead people didn't have homes. No friends. No job. No family. No life.

Now that she was finally back, what on Earth was she going to do?
Awwwwwww!!! frown

She felt... dumb. Mad Dog Lane would have thought of all of this before. Heck, Mad Dog Lane would have found his apartment first, gone straight there and knocked on the door.

She'd written a letter instead. Letters were cowardly.
Hmph! She needs a ego boost. Send her on over. I'll cheer her up.

"Sir, the subject has arrived in Metropolis. She came in demanding to see the Mayor, just as you thought she would, sir."

"I trust you followed her?"

"Of course, sir. She's staying at the Apollo Motel. Shall I make the acquisition?"

"No, not just yet, let her get comfortable. Watch her. We'll see what she does. Her family's dead and the only person she knows is Mayor White. It won't be a necessity until he's back in town. Let her think she's safe for now."

"Affirmative, sir."

"Good work, Johnson."
Ah, Crap! I knew there was something bad. Of course...not one, not two. But a zillion freaking things. You overangsty evil
person. razz

ARGH! Your evil, Sara. wallbash

Rach(Who is onto the next part, cause she was lazy wink )

Me: what are you looking at *Snatches pic* OMFG! Dean smeared in peanut butter?! WTF?!
Sara: LMAO it was chocolate!! smeared in chocolate!
Me: LMFAO chocolate smeared in chocolate!
Sara: LMAO the *chocolate* isn't smeared in chocolate!
Me: that's the way i read it. was trying to picture chocolate smeared in chocolate
Sara: ROTFLMAO

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard