Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#233850 07/19/04 03:32 PM
Features Writer
OP Offline
Features Writer
Hi guys,

Whenever I think about Jimmy, I can´t help thinking about the first one. (Michael Landes). The other one (Justin Whalin) was great and stayed for longer than Michael but I´ve always thought the older version of Jimmy was more suitable. what do you guys think about it?

"Work while you have the light. You are responsible for the talent that has been entrusted to you."
Top Banana
Top Banana
I always thought that Justin Whalin embodied the young, eager Jimmy more than Michael Landes. He was such a cutie and really fit the role for me.

~Liz

Lois: Can I go?
Clark: No.
Lois: Oh come on, Clark, why do we go through this? We both know I’m going to go.
Clark: Then why do you ask?
Lois: I’m trying to be nice.
T
Merriwether
Merriwether
T
It's Jimmy! So who really cares!

Tank (who can't understand some folcs occasional need to elevate Jimmy to the position of actual decent character)

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
I said Justin, 'cause he was the one playing the role at the time I got obsessed smile Going back to watch Michael Landes in season 1 just felt weird, after that... <g>

PJ

"You told me you weren't like other men," she said, shaking her head at him when the storm of laughter had passed.
He grinned at her - a goofy, Clark Kent kind of a grin. "I have a gift for understatement."
"You can say that again," she told him.
"I have a...."
"Oh, shut up."

--Stardust, Caroline K
Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
When I'm watching an episode with ML, I enjoy ML, when I'm watching an episode with JW, I enjoy JW and I don't get a sense of anything out of sync on either one at the time.

But I do think generally overall, that JW played the character much more in sync with what I expect from Jimmy Olsen. ML was just a little too street savvy, grown up and with it for me. JW had that touch of Jimmy as fumbling around desperately trying to emulate his elders, slightly in awe of the greats at the DP, a kid trying to make it, that was just right for me.

Plus, I have to confess that having previously seen Justin do a stunning poignant and very moving portrayal of a criminal who was really a lost soul and not as tough as he tried to pretend in an episode of Young Riders, I was seriously impressed with him long before I got to LNC.

LabRat smile

Athos: If you'd told us what you were doing, we might have been able to plan this properly.
Aramis: Yes, sorry.
Athos: No, no, by all means, let's keep things suicidal.

The Musketeers
Blogger
Blogger
Justin Whalin Justin Whalin Justin Whalin Justin Whalin Justin Whalin Justin Whalin Justin Whalin Justin Whalin Justin Whalin Justin Whalin Justin Whalin Justin Whalin Justin Whalin Justin Whalin Justin Whalin Justin Whalin...

Get my point? :p ~~~~~

-You've got serious thrill issues, duuude!

-- Crush (Finding Nemo)

-After all, to the well-organised mind, death is but the next great adventure.

--Albus Dumbledore (Harry Potter and the philosopher's stone)
Features Writer
OP Offline
Features Writer
y-ezz.. i get ur point duuude! wink

"Work while you have the light. You are responsible for the talent that has been entrusted to you."
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Altough I remember not liking the change in second season, I see Justin Whalin as Jimmy.

Carolyn smile

Pisco and Ceviche ->100% PERUVIAN. Never doubt that.
Blogger
Blogger
I can imagine that I'd hate a change of actors myself, but I've never seen any s1 episodes, so... smile
I have, however, been snooping around the Net for photos of Michael Landes, and I have to say that I STILL think Justin Whalin fit the role much better...

-You've got serious thrill issues, duuude!

-- Crush (Finding Nemo)

-After all, to the well-organised mind, death is but the next great adventure.

--Albus Dumbledore (Harry Potter and the philosopher's stone)

Moderated by  KSaraSara 

Link Copied to Clipboard