Lois & Clark Forums
Posted By: Mad Dog Lane Let´s think about Jimmy. - 07/19/04 07:32 PM
Hi guys,

Whenever I think about Jimmy, I can´t help thinking about the first one. (Michael Landes). The other one (Justin Whalin) was great and stayed for longer than Michael but I´ve always thought the older version of Jimmy was more suitable. what do you guys think about it?
Posted By: Supes1fan Re: Let´s think about Jimmy. - 07/19/04 07:38 PM
I always thought that Justin Whalin embodied the young, eager Jimmy more than Michael Landes. He was such a cutie and really fit the role for me.

~Liz
Posted By: Tank Re: Let´s think about Jimmy. - 07/20/04 03:47 AM
It's Jimmy! So who really cares!

Tank (who can't understand some folcs occasional need to elevate Jimmy to the position of actual decent character)
Posted By: ChiefPam Re: Let´s think about Jimmy. - 07/20/04 04:26 AM
I said Justin, 'cause he was the one playing the role at the time I got obsessed smile Going back to watch Michael Landes in season 1 just felt weird, after that... <g>

PJ
Posted By: LabRat Re: Let´s think about Jimmy. - 07/20/04 05:50 AM
When I'm watching an episode with ML, I enjoy ML, when I'm watching an episode with JW, I enjoy JW and I don't get a sense of anything out of sync on either one at the time.

But I do think generally overall, that JW played the character much more in sync with what I expect from Jimmy Olsen. ML was just a little too street savvy, grown up and with it for me. JW had that touch of Jimmy as fumbling around desperately trying to emulate his elders, slightly in awe of the greats at the DP, a kid trying to make it, that was just right for me.

Plus, I have to confess that having previously seen Justin do a stunning poignant and very moving portrayal of a criminal who was really a lost soul and not as tough as he tried to pretend in an episode of Young Riders, I was seriously impressed with him long before I got to LNC.

LabRat smile
Posted By: Siggen Re: Let´s think about Jimmy. - 07/22/04 01:25 PM
Justin Whalin Justin Whalin Justin Whalin Justin Whalin Justin Whalin Justin Whalin Justin Whalin Justin Whalin Justin Whalin Justin Whalin Justin Whalin Justin Whalin Justin Whalin Justin Whalin Justin Whalin Justin Whalin...

Get my point? :p ~~~~~
Posted By: Mad Dog Lane Re: Let´s think about Jimmy. - 07/22/04 08:36 PM
y-ezz.. i get ur point duuude! wink
Posted By: Carolyn Re: Let´s think about Jimmy. - 07/23/04 06:18 PM
Altough I remember not liking the change in second season, I see Justin Whalin as Jimmy.

Carolyn smile
Posted By: Siggen Re: Let´s think about Jimmy. - 07/27/04 06:46 AM
I can imagine that I'd hate a change of actors myself, but I've never seen any s1 episodes, so... smile
I have, however, been snooping around the Net for photos of Michael Landes, and I have to say that I STILL think Justin Whalin fit the role much better...
© Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards