Print Thread
D
Dave Offline OP
Beat Reporter
OP Offline
Beat Reporter
D
I get to start two threads in a row... sweet laugh

So, how about 52? I’d be willing to compromise to 52… maybe… perhaps… if I had to.

Ok, now you know how much I love this part, especially since you reworked it a little, but again, as part of the deal I'll highlight some favourite bits...

This part:

She was dying. She. Was. Going. To die.
Yeah, the first line... wink

You know what? Add this part too:

She cowered, her knees hugged tightly to her chest. The tree bark at her back bit at her, but she pressed closer against it still. Safer. It was safer to guard your back.
And we'll skip to this part:

But it was shelter. Precious little shelter.
Just... talk about opening with a bang. It's so immediate and so... real. And even though you don't say it right away, you *know* who it is. There's no doubt in your mind, and all at once you're filled with a sense of enormous relief and extreme panic. Yes, she's alive! But you don't know for how long frown
And... you get so wrapped up you forget, this is Sara, there's basically nothing to worry about... maybe.

But it's ok, because it only lasts until:

Her eyelids drooped, and she snapped them back open.

She froze.

Wait...

What?

Light...

Artificial light.

Window.

She was looking out a window.
I knew what happened, having gone over later chapters. I *knew*. And I *still* sagged in relief.

And that, ladies and gentlemen, is GOOD writing. Brilliant sloppy

And... the repetition of her breathing. I wont quote it, for fear I'll end up quoting the entire chapter, but... The continual references to Lois breathing are excellent. Not just because it gives you a glimpse into her psyche. Not just because it adds another dimension to the scene. Not just because of that, but because after being convinced she was dead and then scared stiff she'd end up dead anyway, it's nice to see her breathing. :p

Lois reached down to pick it up and stared at the loud banner of comfort across the top that read "The Daily Planet".
The loud banner of comfort... I love that. It tells you so much about her in just that simple line. About what kind of a person she is. She gets comfort from her work, so she's lonely, and if she can find comfort from just a newspaper... after all she'd been through, if she can still find comfort in simple things like that... she must be so strong. And I'm *sure* you planned all of that to come across in that sentence too wink

Her passport - all she had left to prove she was Lois Lane - listed Metropolis as her home, but she couldn't be sure of that anymore. Her parents and Lucy had been dead for ten years. Nothing was there for her anymore, save for Perry. And he thought she was dead.
Aw... just wait wink Oi, better hurry up...

It'd been peculiar, but nothing had come of the situation. But this Lois, the one she'd just seen, had the markings of someone who'd been through a lot. Too much.
Poor Lois frown

Since I've taken it upon myself to be Lois-hugger-extraordinaire (just ask Sorcha wink )... {{Lois}}

And now the only piece of paper that bore her name was a death certificate, and even that was covered in dust.
Wow, Sara. Just wow. That escaped my attention the first time, probably because I was so blown away by the first part, but... WOW.
That says so much. About her situation. About her state of mind. About... her. Can you tell I'm a fan of small sentences with big meanings?
That, though, is an *amazing* line. Really wowishlyamazinglyexcellently... great.

A death certificate covered in dust. Just... wow.

Not only does everyone believe her dead, but there's nobody left to care that she's gone frown

That's said so eloquently in the next line:

She thought she'd be fine once she got back, but she wasn't. She had nothing. No job, no money, no place to live, and nobody to care that Lois Lane was back from the dead.
You'd think I'd have learnt to read ahead by now! laugh

You state something and then you explain it. Follow through. It’s a great way to write, an excellent style. Unfortunately it’s not been adapted properly. I mean, really, *what* is with those pesky ‘TBC’s?

Dave (who already saw part 3 and still can’t wait for Monday)

'I just kind of died for you;
You just kind of stared at me'
- Aurora, Foo Fighters
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Hi,

Great part. hyper

Maria D. Ferdez.
---
Don't like Luthor, unfinished, untitled and crossover story, and people that promises and don't deliver. I'm getting choosy with age.
MAF
Top Banana
Top Banana
/me bawls... whinging

Poor Lois. You torturer of souls. mecry

I love it that Lois is staying at a cheap motel just like Clark did in the Pilot, in our universe. <g>

And awww, the necklace is for me, right? <eg> So you'll have to get through me to get it back. /me cackles loudly...

Ahem. It's late.

On to part 3. Only 51 more to go. <g>

Julie wink

Mulder: Imagine if you could come back and take out five people who had caused you to suffer. Who would they be?
Scully: I only get five?
Mulder: I remembered your birthday this year, didn't I, Scully?

(The X-Files)
Columnist
Columnist
OOoooo another part!! Don't worry, sara. I will come back to fdk, After work. smile1

YAY!!! Another part. WOO HOO!

Rach

Me: what are you looking at *Snatches pic* OMFG! Dean smeared in peanut butter?! WTF?!
Sara: LMAO it was chocolate!! smeared in chocolate!
Me: LMFAO chocolate smeared in chocolate!
Sara: LMAO the *chocolate* isn't smeared in chocolate!
Me: that's the way i read it. was trying to picture chocolate smeared in chocolate
Sara: ROTFLMAO
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Very nice...now I just want Clark to track down her heart beat and we'll be just fine...

52 parts....lots of fun ahead. :rolleyes: laugh

~Lois Lane Wanna Be

"Live with intention.
Walk to the edge.
Listen Hard.
Practice wellness.
Play with abandon.
Laugh.
Choose with no regret.
Continue to learn.
Appreciate your friends.
Do what you love.
Live as if this is all there is."
~Mary Anne Radmacher
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
...this space reserved for coming-soon fdk...

Sorcha wink

Death: Easy, Bill. You'll give yourself a heart attack and ruin my vacation.

Meet Joe Black
T
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
T
Sara

WOW! A superb part! smile1 I'm looking forward to reading the next part.

Tricia cool

Columnist
Columnist
Told you I would be back. <G> Okay, onto the fdk.

She was dying. She. Was. Going. To die.

She cowered, her knees hugged tightly to her chest. The tree bark at her back bit at her, but she pressed closer against it still. Safer. It was safer to guard your back.

Huge roots jutted out from the tree. Gnarled. Frightening. Larger on her right than on her left.

But it was shelter. Precious little shelter.
OMG! Sara. Very nice visual here. And you can feel lois's fear. I love that part.

Her eyelids drooped, and she snapped them back open.

She froze.

Wait...

What?

Light...

Artificial light.

Window.

She was looking out a window.

A... an... airplane window.

Right. Breathe. Okay.

Safe. Going home. Safe.
Omg! That's so sad. With all the torture, etc..She must of gone through. smile1 Soooo you know, since it's my birthday and all...how bout now? wink

Rach laugh

Me: what are you looking at *Snatches pic* OMFG! Dean smeared in peanut butter?! WTF?!
Sara: LMAO it was chocolate!! smeared in chocolate!
Me: LMFAO chocolate smeared in chocolate!
Sara: LMAO the *chocolate* isn't smeared in chocolate!
Me: that's the way i read it. was trying to picture chocolate smeared in chocolate
Sara: ROTFLMAO
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Wow...and I thought Clark had it tough...

Oooh! Way to open with suspense! That first line just sucks you in, gotta find out if she dies. (by the way I'm so glad she's alive)

I love all the little details like: "scratchy airline pillow"

And I'm so glad she at least has Perry to come back to.

Anyway I'm no good at fdk so I'll just end with one last comment... I love the way your writing makes me feel what the characters are feeling! You're a wonderful writer and I hope you never stop writing notworthy

so...you got any more? please? grovel

In this life of froth and bubble,
Two things stand like stone.
Kindness in another's trouble,
Courage in your own.
Columnist
Columnist
Hi Sara,

I'm glad to see you posting this, and I think you've started very well.

You've introduced both Lois and Clark and already my heart is aching for them.

They need each other, so I'm hoping you won't torture them and us by keeping them apart too long.

Actually, I'm also intrigued with who this Elle person is. I like villains who have a soul. smile

Yours Jenni

K
Boards Chief Administrator
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
K
A quick thanks to everyone for the awesome feedback! I'm not feeling so great right now, so I'll come back a bit later to respond in detail. frown

Part 3 coming up!

Sara

Kerth nominations are opening on March 3!
🏆2024 Kerth Award Posts 🏆.

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, the show, life, and more!

You can also find me on Tumblr and AO3.

K
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
K
Sorry I'm so late in responding to this. smile

David... every word. I love every word of your feedback. It means a lot to me. laugh My favorite word: wowishlyamazinglyexcellently. smile1

Sara smile

Kerth nominations are opening on March 3!
🏆2024 Kerth Award Posts 🏆.

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, the show, life, and more!

You can also find me on Tumblr and AO3.

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard