Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Pelican Offline OP
Hack from Nowheresville
OP Offline
Hack from Nowheresville
Remember the first trailer for fanfic, the one for Masques?

If you do, you may also remember that I said I just did it for *fun* (still doing that, though! <g>), but I didn't make it for all the people in here to see it. Some people on IRC saw it, and then it suddenly a link came into the boards. <g>

Anyway, when I made it, I just thought about what I would have to do to make it look like a "real movie trailer" (just having a lot of time on my hands..). So, 'studio' would have to come in the picture. So I took advantage of 'FoLC' to make it into a "real name" instead of just initials for a fandom, like most 'film studios' have. So it became 'Folc Pictures'.

But then some people said they liked the trailer and the idea itself, so more trailers came along, and *still* I wrote 'Folc Pictures'.

I'm also wondering how most people 'read' FoLC. If it would say 'FoLC Pictures', do you read it 'Fans of Lois & Clark' or 'Fan of Lois & Clark'? I'm asking this because I'm wondering whether to write 'present' or 'presents' in that case.

My question is, since the trailers aren't just kept to myself anymore, your opinions count as well, what do you think I should write?

I have a few trailers ready to go, but now I suddenly got nervous whether I'm messing with 'tradition' or not. :rolleyes:

Am I?

Such a little thing really, a kiss...most people don't give it a moment's consideration. They kiss on meeting, they kiss on parting, that simple touching of flesh is taken entirely for granted as a basic human right.

Susan Kay
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
well, i voted for "FoLC Pictures." i'm just used to it that way. as for your other quesiton (which was not on the poll itself), as far as i'm concerned, FoLC is singular. FoLCs is plural.

hope that helps. smile

Paul

When in doubt, think about penguins. It probably won't help, but at least it'll be fun.
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Yeah, what Paul said.

PJ laugh

"You told me you weren't like other men," she said, shaking her head at him when the storm of laughter had passed.
He grinned at her - a goofy, Clark Kent kind of a grin. "I have a gift for understatement."
"You can say that again," she told him.
"I have a...."
"Oh, shut up."

--Stardust, Caroline K
Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Some people on IRC saw it, and then it suddenly a link came into the boards. <g>
Ah, no, you posted it first, Pel. You just snuck it into the Test section and hoped no one would notice it hiding in there. Har! We weren't going to let you get away with that though. goofy

As for grammar. Grammar, schmammer. We don't need no stinkin' grammar! Give us another trailer! You can spell everything in Swahili - we won't care if you give us some more of those gorgeous mini-movies! wink We won't even care if you mix up your commas and your semi-colons....well, CC might. She's a demon for making sure those are in the right place. laugh

LabRat smile (well Swahili might be taking it just a bit far...)

Athos: If you'd told us what you were doing, we might have been able to plan this properly.
Aramis: Yes, sorry.
Athos: No, no, by all means, let's keep things suicidal.

The Musketeers
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Adn remmber, wea ll are *fleunt* in typo wink

JP

"You told me you weren't like other men," she said, shaking her head at him when the storm of laughter had passed.
He grinned at her - a goofy, Clark Kent kind of a grin. "I have a gift for understatement."
"You can say that again," she told him.
"I have a...."
"Oh, shut up."

--Stardust, Caroline K
Top Banana
Top Banana
I voted for FoLC Pictures Presents...

And BTW, Pel, I hope you don't mind that I totally stole that idea of using that cute little phrase when I played around with trailers! I figured there was simply no improving on perfection. It makes sense to me that FoLC would someday become FoLC Pictures - now all we need is for some fans with heavy duty filming equipment and friendships with Dean and Teri to start cranking out actual videos of some of these great stories.

And to repeat what Lab said. Don't waste time on this trifling issue - just post them!!!!

Lynn

You know that boy'd walk on water for you? Or he'd drown tryin'. -Perry White to Lois in Just Say Noah
Merriwether
Merriwether
Technically, it should be FoLC Pictures *presents*. Since FoLC Pictures would be considered a company/congolomorate/what have you, it would be singular, and therefore, "presents".

"You need me. You wouldn't be much of a hero without a villain. And you do love being the hero, don't you. The cheering children, the swooning women, you love it so much, it's made you my most reliable accomplice." -- Lex Luthor to Superman, Question Authority, Justice League Unlimited
Freelance Reporter
Freelance Reporter
I'm with Karen, "FoLC Pictures presents" sounds right to me.

I can't wait for the next of your amazing trailers. Please, hurry! smile1

Ines smile

"It is our choices, that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities." (Albus Dumbledore, CoS)
Merriwether
Merriwether
FoLC Pictures presents! smile

And btw, I don't read FoLC as "fan of Lois and Clark". I read it as "FoLC", like "folk". smile

Kathy (who utterly adores Pel's trailers and hope this means we'll get many more of them. smile )

A
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
A
I agree with Karen and the others who said that. "FoLC Pictures Presents".

AnnaBtG. (who loves these trailers... can I say that they are better than most actual trailers I've seen? wink )

What we've got here is failure to communicate...
Pelican Offline OP
Hack from Nowheresville
OP Offline
Hack from Nowheresville
<lol> Well, since "FoLC Pictures presents" won hands down, that's the it'll be smile

I just sent a trailer to Annette now - now we're only waiting for the author's approval.

"Author" <g>, for some reason I still have problems sending emails with attachments (though I sent it to you now, and it *says* it is sent), I doubt it'll make it there, since El didn't get it either. So, talk to Annette, okay? smile

Thank you Paul, Pam, LabRat, Lynn, Karen, Ines, Kathy and Anna - and everyone else who voted in this poll. And for asking for new trailers, of course smile

Pelican smile

Such a little thing really, a kiss...most people don't give it a moment's consideration. They kiss on meeting, they kiss on parting, that simple touching of flesh is taken entirely for granted as a basic human right.

Susan Kay

Moderated by  KSaraSara 

Link Copied to Clipboard