Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#232424 10/04/03 02:34 PM
Beat Reporter
OP Offline
Beat Reporter
So... I am not sure if this poll has been done before, but I'm a newbie so here goes....
Do you like Lois' hair better long or short?

"He's a man. I'm a woman. Do you want me to draw you a diagram?" -Lois Lane, I've Got a Crush on You.
#232425 10/04/03 06:08 PM
Top Banana
Top Banana
Well, this poll has been done before. Check this out: http://www.lcficmbs.com/ubb/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=12;t=000012 Could be fun to see if the results are still the same.

Saskia

I tawt I taw a puddy cat!
#232426 10/04/03 11:53 PM
Top Banana
Top Banana
I voted "either". It really depended more on the style than the length. I loved her hair in some episodes, hated it in others. Although, now that I think about it, the 3 styles I *really* hated were all short. They are:

1 - In the first few shows of season 4. Although maybe this doesn't count, as I later read somewhere that this was a wig, not her real hair. Whatever it was, it looked awful. I'm not sure if I've got this straight, but I think she wore a wig because she had cut her hair really short in between seasons 3 and 4, and they were waiting for it to grow out. If that's right, then they didn't wait long enough, because...

2 - her super-short cut in Bob&Carol&Lois&Clark was terrible!

3 - any time in the 'short hair period' when she would curl her hair. (such as when she first meets AltClark - I can't remembe the name of that episode.)

But other than these, I liked her hair either long or short (I liked the way she looked when she first cut it, in Contact, for example).

- Vicki

"Hold on, my friends, to the Constitution and to the Republic for which it stands. Miracles do not cluster and what has happened once in 6,000 years, may not happen again. Hold on to the Constitution" - Daniel Webster
#232427 10/05/03 12:40 AM
Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
I'd tend to agree with Vicki, in the main. There were some episodes/scenes where the styling of her hair short I quite liked. But others were horrendous.

In Tempus, Anyone? I thought the style was so severe that it actually made her look gaunt and ill. I suppose that's why no one at the Planet was surprised to hear she'd been in a coma for a year. goofy It actually spoils that episode a little for me, because I think it's just awful and doesn't suit her at all. I know others disagree though.

I really disliked the slicked down styles too. And the style that was used for the majority of the 4th season - in episodes like Myxmas and Lois and Clarks, for instance, was...okay, but pretty medicore for me. Certainly not a patch on the shoulder-length bob cut of the first two seasons.

There is a scene in...um...one of the Lex Files arc. Darned if I can remember which one. The scene where Clark and Lois are on the phone and hear the scientist being killed. Now, I thought that was a short style that really suited her and looked adorable. Stylish, smart and very feminine.

LabRat (who thinks it was that scene anyway... <G> )

Athos: If you'd told us what you were doing, we might have been able to plan this properly.
Aramis: Yes, sorry.
Athos: No, no, by all means, let's keep things suicidal.

The Musketeers

Moderated by  KSaraSara 

Link Copied to Clipboard