Lois & Clark Forums
Posted By: Wanda Detroit Lois' Hair! - 10/04/03 06:34 PM
So... I am not sure if this poll has been done before, but I'm a newbie so here goes....
Do you like Lois' hair better long or short?
Posted By: Saskia Re: Lois' Hair! - 10/04/03 10:08 PM
Well, this poll has been done before. Check this out: http://www.lcficmbs.com/ubb/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=12;t=000012 Could be fun to see if the results are still the same.

Saskia
Posted By: Vicki Re: Lois' Hair! - 10/05/03 03:53 AM
I voted "either". It really depended more on the style than the length. I loved her hair in some episodes, hated it in others. Although, now that I think about it, the 3 styles I *really* hated were all short. They are:

1 - In the first few shows of season 4. Although maybe this doesn't count, as I later read somewhere that this was a wig, not her real hair. Whatever it was, it looked awful. I'm not sure if I've got this straight, but I think she wore a wig because she had cut her hair really short in between seasons 3 and 4, and they were waiting for it to grow out. If that's right, then they didn't wait long enough, because...

2 - her super-short cut in Bob&Carol&Lois&Clark was terrible!

3 - any time in the 'short hair period' when she would curl her hair. (such as when she first meets AltClark - I can't remembe the name of that episode.)

But other than these, I liked her hair either long or short (I liked the way she looked when she first cut it, in Contact, for example).

- Vicki
Posted By: LabRat Re: Lois' Hair! - 10/05/03 04:40 AM
I'd tend to agree with Vicki, in the main. There were some episodes/scenes where the styling of her hair short I quite liked. But others were horrendous.

In Tempus, Anyone? I thought the style was so severe that it actually made her look gaunt and ill. I suppose that's why no one at the Planet was surprised to hear she'd been in a coma for a year. goofy It actually spoils that episode a little for me, because I think it's just awful and doesn't suit her at all. I know others disagree though.

I really disliked the slicked down styles too. And the style that was used for the majority of the 4th season - in episodes like Myxmas and Lois and Clarks, for instance, was...okay, but pretty medicore for me. Certainly not a patch on the shoulder-length bob cut of the first two seasons.

There is a scene in...um...one of the Lex Files arc. Darned if I can remember which one. The scene where Clark and Lois are on the phone and hear the scientist being killed. Now, I thought that was a short style that really suited her and looked adorable. Stylish, smart and very feminine.

LabRat (who thinks it was that scene anyway... <G> )
© Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards