Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Blayne Offline OP
Hack from Nowheresville
OP Offline
Hack from Nowheresville
I'm just wondering how many times a week (on average) do you watch Lois & Clark? I typically watch about 15 eps. (The two aired on TBS every day plus one at night before bed). This will probably change once summer is over though...

*Blayne*

Clark: You are really high maintenance, you know it?
Lois: But I'm worth it.

Clark: Not exactly what you had in mind, huh?
Lois: Let's see. So far I've been given a glimpse of ritual crop worship, been treated as your girlfriend, and insulted your parents. No, I couldn't have planned this.
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Ahh, sadly, I don't see any episodes. I get back-to-back episodes in the morning on TBS, but I'm already up and out the door by then. But that's okay, I can spoil myself in fanfic.

Jen smile

"Meg...who let you back in the house?" -Family Guy
RL Offline
Top Banana
Top Banana
How often I watch is rather sporadic. When I was archiving episodes onto DVD from TNT, I was watching one episode a day while transferring. After completing my archive, I didn't watch very often. Occasionally, I'd pull out a DVD to watch an episode.

The DVD's I recorded had five episodes per DVD at pretty good quality, approximately S-VHS quality. I decided when the show moved to TBS that I needed to record in a slightly higher quality, which gave me four episodes per disk or slightly higher than S-VHS quality. And the original source would come from DirecTV instead of cable for a much better original picture. That meant watching roughly two per day. But I got backed up because of things I needed to do or other shows I like watching. I'm still about 17 episodes behind. At two per day, that'd put me at 10 or more per week. But since I got far behind, I chose the next fewest option of 6-9 per week.

-- Roger

"The Constitution only gives people the right to pursue happiness. You have to catch it yourself." -- Benjamin Franklin
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
"Watch"...?? Uh, don't you mean, "read about"? smile1

PJ

"You told me you weren't like other men," she said, shaking her head at him when the storm of laughter had passed.
He grinned at her - a goofy, Clark Kent kind of a grin. "I have a gift for understatement."
"You can say that again," she told him.
"I have a...."
"Oh, shut up."

--Stardust, Caroline K
Merriwether
Merriwether
Sad to say, I think I watch about .25 episodes a week. The only day I'm home where I can watch it on TBS is Monday. Half the time I wake up around 8:30, and that ep doesn't interest me, and then I get to doing other things by 9am.. or start watching Charmed. It depends on my mood that day.

"You need me. You wouldn't be much of a hero without a villain. And you do love being the hero, don't you. The cheering children, the swooning women, you love it so much, it's made you my most reliable accomplice." -- Lex Luthor to Superman, Question Authority, Justice League Unlimited
Top Banana
Top Banana
About 5 a year.

Yvonne

A
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
A
No tapes, no airing here in Greece, so... never.
(Although I can't really understand the reason why it is not aired here, since, as far as I can see, it is aired everywhere else in the world... mad )

AnnaBtG.

What we've got here is failure to communicate...
Top Banana
Top Banana
The BBC has reruns on Monday evening, but I mostly forget about it, inconvinient time. So I see it about once every four or five weeks. And in the same time I dig out my tapes and watch an ep, mostly for fanfic use.

So I'd say 2/5 per week, if it's not any less.

Saskia

I tawt I taw a puddy cat!
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
I watch L&C a *lot*. <g> In fact, other than L&C, there's not much on television that interests me. 'Sides, if I don't keep in touch with the show, how can I truly write the characters and attempt to stay with the type of thing we *might* have seen if there had been a fifth season?

BF

“Rules only make sense if they are both kept and broken. Breaking the rule is one way of observing it.”
--Thomas Moore

"Keep an open mind, I always say. Drives sensible people mad, I know, but what did we ever get from sensible people? Not poetry or art or music, that's for sure."
--Charles de Lint, Someplace to Be Flying
Top Banana
Top Banana
Yes, actually, I suppose when I said 5 a year, I meant 5 whole episodes from start to finish. What I do quite a lot is watch bits of episodes, for precisely the reasons Laura gives. Sometimes I leave the video running silently while I'm writing, as inspiration/reality check/characterisation prompt. I might watch a selection of episode chunks if I'm writing in a particular time frame that's relevant. Usually, I gloss over the villains and A plot stuff, unless there's a lot of L&C in there. laugh

Yvonne

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
You do have a good point, Laura. I don't even rewatch snippets, most of the time. Though watching L&C music videos has sometimes helped me re-connect. Obviously, I also read a lot of fanfic, and while I have characterization issues with lots of stories, they're usually minor and tend to balance out, overall. I think I've been doing this for so long that I just go by a sort of instinctive sense of what "feels right."

The other thing is, I think, my approach to writing fanfic -- I'm not doing this to replicate what we saw on screen. I'm writing the version I *wish* they'd done <g> and that applies to plots as well as characterization. I also love writing elseworlds, where there's more leeway in interpretations.

I'm always open to a good characterization debate, though, and I seriously consider every comment I get, publicly or privately.

Of course, I'm assuming that people will tell me if I go totally out into left field...

PJ

"You told me you weren't like other men," she said, shaking her head at him when the storm of laughter had passed.
He grinned at her - a goofy, Clark Kent kind of a grin. "I have a gift for understatement."
"You can say that again," she told him.
"I have a...."
"Oh, shut up."

--Stardust, Caroline K
Blogger
Blogger
I watch at least four episodes a day blush blush my faves of course. what can I say I'm addicted to this show.

I have loved you from the beginning....

And I'll love you till the end....
Blogger
Blogger
I watch the back to back episodes every morning on TBS..so i watch about ten episodes a week...but lately i'm slacking off a little because i'm inquiring about the episodes on tape.

Katryna*
Lois n Clark fan since 1995!

CLARK:There's no such word as Chumpy.
LOIS:Sure there is. Someone's a chump, therefore he's chumpy!
CLARK:Try again.
LOIS:Are you challenging me?
CLARK: You bet your sweet little chumpy I am.
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
eek What! I didn't even know there was a evening one. Otherwise I would've watch it every day. smile1

Blogger
Blogger
I watch LnC 5 days a week smile . I walk on my treadmill during the show. It makes walking the treadmill alot more interesting. wink

Top Banana
Top Banana
When I was home busted up, I watched every day. After I went back to work RL caught up with me and I watched them when I could. Now that I have seen them all I only watch when a fanfic piques my interest in a particular episode.

Columnist
Columnist
I don't have a TV here in Korea, and even if I did, LnC ain't on here. I see it is on the schedule for two hours a day (or is it more?) on TBS in Vancouver, tho', so when I get home, I expect I'll set the VCR to try and get a cleaner set than I have now...

Anyway, I voted 0 for now - hopefully it will get to be more in two months...

Melisma (pumped, under her Rock, that she will be going home at the end of this next term - TWO MONTHS, did ya hear??? smile )

Do, or do not. There is no try.
- Yoda
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Sadly my current watching schedule is really 0 per week. It used to be a heck of a lot more, but school isn't allowing me much LnC time at the moment - reading, writing OR watching. For a while during 1st and 2nd year of med school I was watching between 5-10 episodes per week, and I'd hit periods of intense stress where I'd try to watch like 5 episodes in one afternoon just as a happy boost. wink

Now, unfortunately, I don't have much time, so if I get enough to read some fic, I'm ecstatic - but there's just no way to work in any actual episode time.

Jill goofy

Beaker: Special Talents: Scientific assistant, Victim
Last Book Read: "1001 Meeps to a Bigger Vocabulary"
Quote: "Meep! Meep! Meep!"
Never Leaves Home Without: Medical Coverage
Columnist
Columnist
Well, P~~~~

TBS took LnC off the schedule... I won't be able to get that clean set after all. Anne, you and I are going to have to talk about me getting a copy of your VCD set, I think...

Melisma (thouroughly bummed, here under her Rock)

Do, or do not. There is no try.
- Yoda

Moderated by  KSaraSara 

Link Copied to Clipboard