Lois & Clark Forums
Posted By: Blayne How Many Times A Week Do You Watch L&C? - 08/05/03 08:08 PM
I'm just wondering how many times a week (on average) do you watch Lois & Clark? I typically watch about 15 eps. (The two aired on TBS every day plus one at night before bed). This will probably change once summer is over though...
Posted By: Shadow Re: How Many Times A Week Do You Watch L&C? - 08/05/03 08:18 PM
Ahh, sadly, I don't see any episodes. I get back-to-back episodes in the morning on TBS, but I'm already up and out the door by then. But that's okay, I can spoil myself in fanfic.

Jen smile
Posted By: RL Re: How Many Times A Week Do You Watch L&C? - 08/06/03 02:24 AM
How often I watch is rather sporadic. When I was archiving episodes onto DVD from TNT, I was watching one episode a day while transferring. After completing my archive, I didn't watch very often. Occasionally, I'd pull out a DVD to watch an episode.

The DVD's I recorded had five episodes per DVD at pretty good quality, approximately S-VHS quality. I decided when the show moved to TBS that I needed to record in a slightly higher quality, which gave me four episodes per disk or slightly higher than S-VHS quality. And the original source would come from DirecTV instead of cable for a much better original picture. That meant watching roughly two per day. But I got backed up because of things I needed to do or other shows I like watching. I'm still about 17 episodes behind. At two per day, that'd put me at 10 or more per week. But since I got far behind, I chose the next fewest option of 6-9 per week.
Posted By: ChiefPam Re: How Many Times A Week Do You Watch L&C? - 08/06/03 04:32 AM
"Watch"...?? Uh, don't you mean, "read about"? smile1

PJ
Posted By: Karen Re: How Many Times A Week Do You Watch L&C? - 08/06/03 07:09 AM
Sad to say, I think I watch about .25 episodes a week. The only day I'm home where I can watch it on TBS is Monday. Half the time I wake up around 8:30, and that ep doesn't interest me, and then I get to doing other things by 9am.. or start watching Charmed. It depends on my mood that day.
Posted By: YConnell Re: How Many Times A Week Do You Watch L&C? - 08/06/03 07:23 AM
About 5 a year.

Yvonne
No tapes, no airing here in Greece, so... never.
(Although I can't really understand the reason why it is not aired here, since, as far as I can see, it is aired everywhere else in the world... mad )

AnnaBtG.
Posted By: Saskia Re: How Many Times A Week Do You Watch L&C? - 08/06/03 03:45 PM
The BBC has reruns on Monday evening, but I mostly forget about it, inconvinient time. So I see it about once every four or five weeks. And in the same time I dig out my tapes and watch an ep, mostly for fanfic use.

So I'd say 2/5 per week, if it's not any less.

Saskia
I watch L&C a *lot*. <g> In fact, other than L&C, there's not much on television that interests me. 'Sides, if I don't keep in touch with the show, how can I truly write the characters and attempt to stay with the type of thing we *might* have seen if there had been a fifth season?

BF
Posted By: YConnell Re: How Many Times A Week Do You Watch L&C? - 08/07/03 05:32 AM
Yes, actually, I suppose when I said 5 a year, I meant 5 whole episodes from start to finish. What I do quite a lot is watch bits of episodes, for precisely the reasons Laura gives. Sometimes I leave the video running silently while I'm writing, as inspiration/reality check/characterisation prompt. I might watch a selection of episode chunks if I'm writing in a particular time frame that's relevant. Usually, I gloss over the villains and A plot stuff, unless there's a lot of L&C in there. laugh

Yvonne
Posted By: ChiefPam Re: How Many Times A Week Do You Watch L&C? - 08/07/03 06:20 AM
You do have a good point, Laura. I don't even rewatch snippets, most of the time. Though watching L&C music videos has sometimes helped me re-connect. Obviously, I also read a lot of fanfic, and while I have characterization issues with lots of stories, they're usually minor and tend to balance out, overall. I think I've been doing this for so long that I just go by a sort of instinctive sense of what "feels right."

The other thing is, I think, my approach to writing fanfic -- I'm not doing this to replicate what we saw on screen. I'm writing the version I *wish* they'd done <g> and that applies to plots as well as characterization. I also love writing elseworlds, where there's more leeway in interpretations.

I'm always open to a good characterization debate, though, and I seriously consider every comment I get, publicly or privately.

Of course, I'm assuming that people will tell me if I go totally out into left field...

PJ
Posted By: LDA82 Re: How Many Times A Week Do You Watch L&C? - 08/07/03 11:31 AM
I watch at least four episodes a day blush blush my faves of course. what can I say I'm addicted to this show.
Posted By: Katryna Re: How Many Times A Week Do You Watch L&C? - 08/21/03 06:10 AM
I watch the back to back episodes every morning on TBS..so i watch about ten episodes a week...but lately i'm slacking off a little because i'm inquiring about the episodes on tape.
Posted By: Kitty Re: How Many Times A Week Do You Watch L&C? - 08/21/03 07:21 PM
eek What! I didn't even know there was a evening one. Otherwise I would've watch it every day. smile1
I watch LnC 5 days a week smile . I walk on my treadmill during the show. It makes walking the treadmill alot more interesting. wink
Posted By: ethnica Re: How Many Times A Week Do You Watch L&C? - 08/24/03 11:35 AM
When I was home busted up, I watched every day. After I went back to work RL caught up with me and I watched them when I could. Now that I have seen them all I only watch when a fanfic piques my interest in a particular episode.
Posted By: Melisma Re: How Many Times A Week Do You Watch L&C? - 08/25/03 06:02 AM
I don't have a TV here in Korea, and even if I did, LnC ain't on here. I see it is on the schedule for two hours a day (or is it more?) on TBS in Vancouver, tho', so when I get home, I expect I'll set the VCR to try and get a cleaner set than I have now...

Anyway, I voted 0 for now - hopefully it will get to be more in two months...

Melisma (pumped, under her Rock, that she will be going home at the end of this next term - TWO MONTHS, did ya hear??? smile )
Posted By: DocJill Re: How Many Times A Week Do You Watch L&C? - 09/04/03 02:09 PM
Sadly my current watching schedule is really 0 per week. It used to be a heck of a lot more, but school isn't allowing me much LnC time at the moment - reading, writing OR watching. For a while during 1st and 2nd year of med school I was watching between 5-10 episodes per week, and I'd hit periods of intense stress where I'd try to watch like 5 episodes in one afternoon just as a happy boost. wink

Now, unfortunately, I don't have much time, so if I get enough to read some fic, I'm ecstatic - but there's just no way to work in any actual episode time.

Jill goofy
Posted By: Melisma Re: How Many Times A Week Do You Watch L&C? - 09/04/03 07:53 PM
Well, P~~~~

TBS took LnC off the schedule... I won't be able to get that clean set after all. Anne, you and I are going to have to talk about me getting a copy of your VCD set, I think...

Melisma (thouroughly bummed, here under her Rock)
© Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards