OP Offline
Pulitzer
Hi,

Interesting. goofy

rotflol Well, Tempus deserve that.

MAF rotflol

Maria D. Ferdez.
---
Don't like Luthor, unfinished, untitled and crossover story, and people that promises and don't deliver. I'm getting choosy with age.
MAF
A
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
A
ROFL!

I love Tempus's punishment wildguy wildguy wildguy

See ya,
AnnaBtG.

What we've got here is failure to communicate...
Merriwether
Merriwether
laugh laugh laugh

Do you know the most surprising thing about divorce? It doesn't actually kill you, like a bullet to the heart or a head-on car wreck. It should. When someone you've promised to cherish till death do you part says, "I never loved you," it should kill you instantly.

- Under the Tuscan Sun
Columnist
Columnist
I couldn't stop giggling!

Irene thumbsup

I try to take one day at a time, but sometimes several days attack me at once.
T
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
T
This reminds me of a scene from a Woody Allen movie of the late 60's. He somehow gets to the future, where historians are all over him to get his feedback on all these mid-20th century artifacts. They show him a clip of Howard Cosell pontificating about something and suggest that this was actually used to punish criminals by making them sit through it multiple times. Woody pauses and says something like, "Yes, that's right, that's exactly what it was."

The ending reminded me of the only thing I've ever laughed at in a Woody Allen movie. This story is really funny, and I don't even know all the characters! Your muse may be evil, but it's also sneaky funny. More scenarios to her!

Life isn't a support system for writing. It's the other way around.

- Stephen King, from On Writing
T
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
T
Mary

ROTFL!! smile1

Tricia cool

Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
rotflol rotflol

And you got this idea from your muse without any help from, say, too much spicy food too late at night, or a fever over 102 degrees F, or an extra dose of Robitussin??

That is some muse!!

TicAndToc :o)

------

"I have six locks on my door all in a row. When I go out, I lock every other one. I figure no matter how long somebody stands there picking the locks, they are always locking three."
-Elayne Boosler
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Thanks, everyone, for the comments smile
I'm glad you enjoyed it. laugh

Originally posted by TicAndToc:

And you got this idea from your muse without any help from, say, too much spicy food too late at night, or a fever over 102 degrees F, or an extra dose of Robitussin??

That is [b]some
muse!! [/b]
My muse thanks you for what she percieves to be a compliment. Personally, I'm thinking of having her committed. Some of her crazier ideas have never made it to the WIP folder. :rolleyes:

Again, thanks, all! smile

~•~
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Mary,

If he couldn't stand 7,000 channels in the future, imagine what this would do to him! goofy

Just one question: is the movie as much a product of your twisted imagination as the fic, or is it real? dizzy

Hazel, still giggling

Lois: You know the deal.
Clark: Superman gets the guys in capes, Lois and Clark get the guys in suits.

-- Action Comics 827
Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
goofy I ROTFL'd.

And then making it punishment for Tempus. Now that was just plain mean. And awfully hilarious. laugh

LabRat smile

Athos: If you'd told us what you were doing, we might have been able to plan this properly.
Aramis: Yes, sorry.
Athos: No, no, by all means, let's keep things suicidal.

The Musketeers
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Originally posted by Hazel:

Just one question: is the movie as much a product of your twisted imagination as the fic, or is it real? dizzy
If it is real, then my muse, aside from being insane, is also psychic. wink As far as I know, Bride of the Butcher and Twelve Thirsty Clowns (see Now That´s What I Call Art) do not exist.
(Thank Goodness!)

---Mary, who was given the Spanish computer at the library and just figured out that "Mayús" means "Shift".

~•~
M
Blogger
Blogger
M
Well, at first I thought it represented the rise of Communism in Eastern Europe; however after it progressed I realized the symbolism centered around Stalinism ("salmon without fresh water" etc.) and the impact that left both in Europe and in Asia, insofar as the corruption of the initial Marxist movement and the manner in which it affected both public relations and internal affairs. Generally speaking, of course.

Yeah, my friend tries to get me to watch movies like that. She tells me they're deep. I tell her they're silly. You can interpret them however you want, because they're always so VAGUE. /vent

Technically speaking I thought it (the fic) was well written. (The following's boring. The short version is, "I liked it.") I enjoyed the structure and the way you wrote only the vague aftermath of a battle scene, leaving it quite up to the imagination. I also loved the description of the opening shots of the movie. Filled me with joy, it did.

There are a couple punctuation and typo-related problems, but nothing to be worried about. I'm just nitpicky.

-- Tessa, who is unable to write a short and/or interesting review to save her life. And who's shutting up now. Really!

"Don't play dumb. You're not as good at it as I am."
-- Colonel Flagg, M*A*S*H
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Hey, Tessa smile

Welcome to the boards! And I didn't see anything boring about your review -- especially the initial "interpretation" of the movie goofy

Nitpicky is good. We like nitpicky. You'll fit right in thumbsup

PJ

"You told me you weren't like other men," she said, shaking her head at him when the storm of laughter had passed.
He grinned at her - a goofy, Clark Kent kind of a grin. "I have a gift for understatement."
"You can say that again," she told him.
"I have a...."
"Oh, shut up."

--Stardust, Caroline K
M
Blogger
Blogger
M
Oh, thank you for the very nice welcome, PJ! And your kind reassurance concerning my review. XD

Yay, nitpicking is one of my few talents. I'm doomed to be an English teacher. *sigh*

Thanks again, and for the record, sorry for spamming up this board just now . . . hee.

--Tessa, currently without a witty end remark. Or sleep.

"Don't play dumb. You're not as good at it as I am."
-- Colonel Flagg, M*A*S*H
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
TESSA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

*runs up and squeezes Tessa really really hard*

Welcome to the boards! thumbsup
And thanks for the glowing review!! laugh

~•~
M
Blogger
Blogger