See ya,
AnnaBtG.
Posted By: rivka Re: FDK: Bride of the Butcher - 07/29/05 07:08 PM
laugh laugh laugh
Posted By: IreneD Re: FDK: Bride of the Butcher - 07/29/05 10:00 PM
I couldn't stop giggling!

Irene thumbsup
Posted By: Terry Leatherwood Re: FDK: Bride of the Butcher - 07/29/05 10:58 PM
This reminds me of a scene from a Woody Allen movie of the late 60's. He somehow gets to the future, where historians are all over him to get his feedback on all these mid-20th century artifacts. They show him a clip of Howard Cosell pontificating about something and suggest that this was actually used to punish criminals by making them sit through it multiple times. Woody pauses and says something like, "Yes, that's right, that's exactly what it was."

The ending reminded me of the only thing I've ever laughed at in a Woody Allen movie. This story is really funny, and I don't even know all the characters! Your muse may be evil, but it's also sneaky funny. More scenarios to her!
Posted By: TriciaW Re: FDK: Bride of the Butcher - 07/30/05 05:08 AM
Mary

ROTFL!! smile1

Tricia cool
Posted By: TicAndToc Re: FDK: Bride of the Butcher - 07/30/05 09:56 AM
rotflol rotflol

And you got this idea from your muse without any help from, say, too much spicy food too late at night, or a fever over 102 degrees F, or an extra dose of Robitussin??

That is some muse!!
Posted By: Queen of the Capes Re: FDK: Bride of the Butcher - 08/01/05 03:45 PM
Thanks, everyone, for the comments smile
I'm glad you enjoyed it. laugh

Originally posted by TicAndToc:

And you got this idea from your muse without any help from, say, too much spicy food too late at night, or a fever over 102 degrees F, or an extra dose of Robitussin??

That is [b]some
muse!! [/b]
My muse thanks you for what she percieves to be a compliment. Personally, I'm thinking of having her committed. Some of her crazier ideas have never made it to the WIP folder. :rolleyes:

Again, thanks, all! smile
Posted By: Hazel Re: FDK: Bride of the Butcher - 08/02/05 07:14 AM
Mary,

If he couldn't stand 7,000 channels in the future, imagine what this would do to him! goofy

Just one question: is the movie as much a product of your twisted imagination as the fic, or is it real? dizzy

Hazel, still giggling
Posted By: LabRat Re: FDK: Bride of the Butcher - 08/02/05 09:53 AM
goofy I ROTFL'd.

And then making it punishment for Tempus. Now that was just plain mean. And awfully hilarious. laugh

LabRat smile
Posted By: Queen of the Capes Re: FDK: Bride of the Butcher - 08/02/05 06:45 PM
Originally posted by Hazel:

Just one question: is the movie as much a product of your twisted imagination as the fic, or is it real? dizzy
If it is real, then my muse, aside from being insane, is also psychic. wink As far as I know, Bride of the Butcher and Twelve Thirsty Clowns (see Now That´s What I Call Art) do not exist.
(Thank Goodness!)

---Mary, who was given the Spanish computer at the library and just figured out that "Mayús" means "Shift".
Posted By: Miss Uoko Re: FDK: Bride of the Butcher - 08/04/05 08:43 PM
Well, at first I thought it represented the rise of Communism in Eastern Europe; however after it progressed I realized the symbolism centered around Stalinism ("salmon without fresh water" etc.) and the impact that left both in Europe and in Asia, insofar as the corruption of the initial Marxist movement and the manner in which it affected both public relations and internal affairs. Generally speaking, of course.

Yeah, my friend tries to get me to watch movies like that. She tells me they're deep. I tell her they're silly. You can interpret them however you want, because they're always so VAGUE. /vent

Technically speaking I thought it (the fic) was well written. (The following's boring. The short version is, "I liked it.") I enjoyed the structure and the way you wrote only the vague aftermath of a battle scene, leaving it quite up to the imagination. I also loved the description of the opening shots of the movie. Filled me with joy, it did.

There are a couple punctuation and typo-related problems, but nothing to be worried about. I'm just nitpicky.

-- Tessa, who is unable to write a short and/or interesting review to save her life. And who's shutting up now. Really!
Posted By: ChiefPam Re: FDK: Bride of the Butcher - 08/04/05 09:47 PM
Hey, Tessa smile

Welcome to the boards! And I didn't see anything boring about your review -- especially the initial "interpretation" of the movie goofy

Nitpicky is good. We like nitpicky. You'll fit right in thumbsup

PJ
Posted By: Miss Uoko Re: FDK: Bride of the Butcher - 08/06/05 03:55 PM
Oh, thank you for the very nice welcome, PJ! And your kind reassurance concerning my review. XD

Yay, nitpicking is one of my few talents. I'm doomed to be an English teacher. *sigh*

Thanks again, and for the record, sorry for spamming up this board just now . . . hee.

--Tessa, currently without a witty end remark. Or sleep.
Posted By: Queen of the Capes Re: FDK: Bride of the Butcher - 08/07/05 02:56 PM
TESSA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

*runs up and squeezes Tessa really really hard*

Welcome to the boards! thumbsup
And thanks for the glowing review!! laugh
Posted By: Miss Uoko Re: FDK: Bride of the Butcher - 08/09/05 09:04 PM
XD

--Tessa, woman of few words.
© Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards