Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#231968 07/24/03 04:58 PM
Blayne Offline OP
Hack from Nowheresville
OP Offline
Hack from Nowheresville
Speaking of weddings... which of Lois's wedding dresses did you like the best? I may have missed one, but I'm too lazy to go watch my L&C videos to make sure...

*Blayne*

Clark: You are really high maintenance, you know it?
Lois: But I'm worth it.

Clark: Not exactly what you had in mind, huh?
Lois: Let's see. So far I've been given a glimpse of ritual crop worship, been treated as your girlfriend, and insulted your parents. No, I couldn't have planned this.
#231969 07/25/03 02:08 AM
Columnist
Columnist
I said none, because I really didn't take notice of the dresses, even at the time. I was too concerned about what was happening *around* the dresses, LOL!

Melisma (ducking back under her Rock to avoid rotten kimchi)

Do, or do not. There is no try.
- Yoda
#231970 07/25/03 02:16 AM
Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
I found the results so far quite surprising. Always thought I was the only one who much preferred the dress Lois wore to her almost wedding with Lex. goofy

Erm...that's the one with the scoop neckline...right? (The memory grows hazy at my age)

LabRat smile

Athos: If you'd told us what you were doing, we might have been able to plan this properly.
Aramis: Yes, sorry.
Athos: No, no, by all means, let's keep things suicidal.

The Musketeers
#231971 07/25/03 06:49 AM
RL Offline
Top Banana
Top Banana
I chose the dress worn by the clone. I thought the whole look, including dress, hair, etc. looked absolutely wonderful.

Second, I would take the dress from the Lex wedding.

I didn't much like the one at the actual wedding.

-- Roger

"The Constitution only gives people the right to pursue happiness. You have to catch it yourself." -- Benjamin Franklin
#231972 07/25/03 08:01 AM
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
I voted for the dress in HoL...I never really liked the one in STGTTWNK - especially not the bow in the veil and the fact that it ended just before her ankles. I did like the one the clone wore - not as much as the HoL one, though (I strongly suspect it has to do with Lois's hairstyle... evil

Sara jump

Death: Easy, Bill. You'll give yourself a heart attack and ruin my vacation.

Meet Joe Black
#231973 07/25/03 03:47 PM
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
I like low cut wedding gown. If I loose 20 Lb. I would probebly wear a weading dress with an open heart shape lace in the back and the skirt would have a long slit that goes from the upper knee to my ankel, either in front or on the side.

If I ever get married that is. :rolleyes:

I don't really think lois would bother with the dress. The wedding is the important thing. thumbsup

#231974 07/26/03 06:19 AM
Freelance Reporter
Freelance Reporter
I hated the dress the clone wore, I hated it so much I was glad that it turned out to be a clone who married Clark instead of Lois.

The hard choice was between the dress from HoL and the one from the real wedding. The HoL dress was very nice but too ornate, it just seemed more like Lex's taste than Lois'.

I really liked the dress from the real wedding, it was very elegant and very much in style. I loved it even more when I found out it was based off the dress Audrey Hepburn wore in "Funny Face" because I love all things Audrey. The only thing I didn't love about the dress was that damn bow she wore on her head, the veil could have done without that headpiece. Despite the annoying bow, I chose this dress as my favorite.

"Let us remember that there is a creative force in this universe, working to pull down the gigantic mountains of evil, a power that is able to make a way out of no way and trasform dark yesterdays into bright tomorrows. Let us realize the arc of the moral universe is long, but it bends toward justice."
-- Martin Luther King Jr.
#231975 07/28/03 08:29 AM
A
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
A
For anyone else, like me, who needs to see the dresses before they can vote, I found two of them:

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Anyone know where I can find the one the clone wore?

Anne >^,,^<

"I only know how to make four things, and this is the only one without chocolate." Lois Lane "All My I've Got a Crush on You 10/24/1993
#231976 07/29/03 08:01 AM
Blogger
Blogger
Anyone know where I can find the one the clone wore?
I didn't really care for this dress. goofy

[Linked Image]

The HoL dress was very nice but too ornate, it just seemed more like Lex's taste than Lois'.
My thoughts, exactly. My vote went to the season 4 dress. wink
~Amanda

Lois: Our byline is gonna look great on a Pulitzer someday
#231977 07/29/03 08:57 AM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
I hated the Season 4 puffball. razz razz razz The skirt being above Lois's ankles didn't help, but overall it was far too much of a meringue.

I like both the Luthor wedding dress and the one in INPY, but I think the INPY dress just gets the edge because it's a little less 'fussy'.

Wendy smile

Just a fly-by! *waves*
#231978 07/29/03 10:10 AM
Top Banana
Top Banana
Okay, I have no idea which picture belongs with which episode, or what IPNY, HoL, or STWW-thing stand for, but I like the second of the three pictures - the one Wendy is calling (I think) the puffball. The first one is too fussy and rather old-looking, and the last one looks like she's got mould growing across her chest and down her arms. laugh The middle one, however, is simple, fresh, and young-looking - I particularly like the shape of the top half.

So is the puff-ball the one in which she finally got married to Clark?

Yvonne
(who can't vote until she knows which is which smile )

#231979 07/29/03 10:13 AM
A
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
A
I used to hate hearing this when I worked in the bridal shop, but...

I would like to take the neckline and arms from the Season 1 dress and the skirt and train from INPY to make the perfect dress.

laugh

Anne >^,,^<

"I only know how to make four things, and this is the only one without chocolate." Lois Lane "All My I've Got a Crush on You 10/24/1993
#231980 07/29/03 10:30 AM
Top Banana
Top Banana
Now that I've finally seen the pictures, I could make my choice. I like the dress the clone wore. It reminds me very much of the wedding dress of my mom (which I only saw on pictures and in the closet, mind you wink ). So that makes it I Now Pronounce You.

The first pic is HoL (House of Luthor) the second one is Swear to God... where Clark and Lois finally got married.

I definately stick with INPY, best wedding dress they had.

Saskia

I tawt I taw a puddy cat!
#231981 07/30/03 03:00 PM
Top Banana
Top Banana
If I had been Lois, if I hadn't hated Lex before I would started hating him for making me miss out on wearing the perfect dress, the one the clone wore. That was simply gorgeous. razz

#231982 07/30/03 03:12 PM
C
Kerth
Kerth
C
While I thought the dress Lois wore before she almost married Luthor was nice I'd always thought of it as being far too over the top. The kind of no expenses spared type of wedding which led me to believe that the dress wasn't Lois' choice but rather what Lex thought his bride should be wearing on her wedding day. I chose the one from STGTTWNK though I did like the one the clone wore because both were simpler styles which seemed to be more Lois' tastes emphasising that Clark didn't really mind what she wore so long as it was Lois at the altar.

The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched they must be felt with the heart

Helen Keller
#231983 07/31/03 07:28 AM
Blogger
Blogger
I voted for the dress she wore when they finally got married, I loved the bottom of it. The one she wore to her almost wedding to Lex is very close behind, but I voted for her final wedding dress.

I have loved you from the beginning....

And I'll love you till the end....
#231984 08/06/03 01:49 PM
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Know what? They all stink. But the one that I loathe the most is the one from STGTTWNK. Hated it in '96 and I hate it now. It's totally ugly.

help

Lois: "Kent is a hack from Smallville. I couldn't make that name up."

Read my Journal: http://www.livejournal.com/users/anni_the_diva/
#231985 08/07/03 02:14 AM
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
But Clark looks great in that tux!! smile1

Missy

Moderated by  KSaraSara 

Link Copied to Clipboard