Lois & Clark Forums
Posted By: Blayne Speaking of Weddings... - 07/24/03 08:58 PM
Speaking of weddings... which of Lois's wedding dresses did you like the best? I may have missed one, but I'm too lazy to go watch my L&C videos to make sure...
Posted By: Melisma Re: Speaking of Weddings... - 07/25/03 06:08 AM
I said none, because I really didn't take notice of the dresses, even at the time. I was too concerned about what was happening *around* the dresses, LOL!

Melisma (ducking back under her Rock to avoid rotten kimchi)
Posted By: LabRat Re: Speaking of Weddings... - 07/25/03 06:16 AM
I found the results so far quite surprising. Always thought I was the only one who much preferred the dress Lois wore to her almost wedding with Lex. goofy

Erm...that's the one with the scoop neckline...right? (The memory grows hazy at my age)

LabRat smile
Posted By: RL Re: Speaking of Weddings... - 07/25/03 10:49 AM
I chose the dress worn by the clone. I thought the whole look, including dress, hair, etc. looked absolutely wonderful.

Second, I would take the dress from the Lex wedding.

I didn't much like the one at the actual wedding.
Posted By: Sorcha Re: Speaking of Weddings... - 07/25/03 12:01 PM
I voted for the dress in HoL...I never really liked the one in STGTTWNK - especially not the bow in the veil and the fact that it ended just before her ankles. I did like the one the clone wore - not as much as the HoL one, though (I strongly suspect it has to do with Lois's hairstyle... evil

Sara jump
Posted By: Kitty Re: Speaking of Weddings... - 07/25/03 07:47 PM
I like low cut wedding gown. If I loose 20 Lb. I would probebly wear a weading dress with an open heart shape lace in the back and the skirt would have a long slit that goes from the upper knee to my ankel, either in front or on the side.

If I ever get married that is. :rolleyes:

I don't really think lois would bother with the dress. The wedding is the important thing. thumbsup
Posted By: Birdie Re: Speaking of Weddings... - 07/26/03 10:19 AM
I hated the dress the clone wore, I hated it so much I was glad that it turned out to be a clone who married Clark instead of Lois.

The hard choice was between the dress from HoL and the one from the real wedding. The HoL dress was very nice but too ornate, it just seemed more like Lex's taste than Lois'.

I really liked the dress from the real wedding, it was very elegant and very much in style. I loved it even more when I found out it was based off the dress Audrey Hepburn wore in "Funny Face" because I love all things Audrey. The only thing I didn't love about the dress was that damn bow she wore on her head, the veil could have done without that headpiece. Despite the annoying bow, I chose this dress as my favorite.
Posted By: Anne Spear Re: Speaking of Weddings... - 07/28/03 12:29 PM
For anyone else, like me, who needs to see the dresses before they can vote, I found two of them:

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Anyone know where I can find the one the clone wore?
Posted By: LaneGaL Re: Speaking of Weddings... - 07/29/03 12:01 PM
Anyone know where I can find the one the clone wore?
I didn't really care for this dress. goofy

[Linked Image]

The HoL dress was very nice but too ornate, it just seemed more like Lex's taste than Lois'.
My thoughts, exactly. My vote went to the season 4 dress. wink
~Amanda
Posted By: Wendymr Re: Speaking of Weddings... - 07/29/03 12:57 PM
I hated the Season 4 puffball. razz razz razz The skirt being above Lois's ankles didn't help, but overall it was far too much of a meringue.

I like both the Luthor wedding dress and the one in INPY, but I think the INPY dress just gets the edge because it's a little less 'fussy'.

Wendy smile
Posted By: YConnell Re: Speaking of Weddings... - 07/29/03 02:10 PM
Okay, I have no idea which picture belongs with which episode, or what IPNY, HoL, or STWW-thing stand for, but I like the second of the three pictures - the one Wendy is calling (I think) the puffball. The first one is too fussy and rather old-looking, and the last one looks like she's got mould growing across her chest and down her arms. laugh The middle one, however, is simple, fresh, and young-looking - I particularly like the shape of the top half.

So is the puff-ball the one in which she finally got married to Clark?

Yvonne
(who can't vote until she knows which is which smile )
Posted By: Anne Spear Re: Speaking of Weddings... - 07/29/03 02:13 PM
I used to hate hearing this when I worked in the bridal shop, but...

I would like to take the neckline and arms from the Season 1 dress and the skirt and train from INPY to make the perfect dress.

laugh
Posted By: Saskia Re: Speaking of Weddings... - 07/29/03 02:30 PM
Now that I've finally seen the pictures, I could make my choice. I like the dress the clone wore. It reminds me very much of the wedding dress of my mom (which I only saw on pictures and in the closet, mind you wink ). So that makes it I Now Pronounce You.

The first pic is HoL (House of Luthor) the second one is Swear to God... where Clark and Lois finally got married.

I definately stick with INPY, best wedding dress they had.

Saskia
Posted By: ethnica Re: Speaking of Weddings... - 07/30/03 07:00 PM
If I had been Lois, if I hadn't hated Lex before I would started hating him for making me miss out on wearing the perfect dress, the one the clone wore. That was simply gorgeous. razz
Posted By: Crazy_Babe Re: Speaking of Weddings... - 07/30/03 07:12 PM
While I thought the dress Lois wore before she almost married Luthor was nice I'd always thought of it as being far too over the top. The kind of no expenses spared type of wedding which led me to believe that the dress wasn't Lois' choice but rather what Lex thought his bride should be wearing on her wedding day. I chose the one from STGTTWNK though I did like the one the clone wore because both were simpler styles which seemed to be more Lois' tastes emphasising that Clark didn't really mind what she wore so long as it was Lois at the altar.
Posted By: LDA82 Re: Speaking of Weddings... - 07/31/03 11:28 AM
I voted for the dress she wore when they finally got married, I loved the bottom of it. The one she wore to her almost wedding to Lex is very close behind, but I voted for her final wedding dress.
Posted By: Eccentric Musician Re: Speaking of Weddings... - 08/06/03 05:49 PM
Know what? They all stink. But the one that I loathe the most is the one from STGTTWNK. Hated it in '96 and I hate it now. It's totally ugly.

help
Posted By: MissyG Re: Speaking of Weddings... - 08/07/03 06:14 AM
But Clark looks great in that tux!! smile1

Missy
© Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards