Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#230893 04/24/03 06:32 AM
HatMan Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
just curious. title is self-explanatory, i think.

When in doubt, think about penguins. It probably won't help, but at least it'll be fun.
Top Banana
Top Banana
I just looked at the results and I noticed something reall funny.

Out of the 27 people that voted, 26 visit the polls. So what did that one person who doesn't look here, do here and vote? It just struck me as very odd.

Saskia

I tawt I taw a puddy cat!
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Maybe the person just misunderstood what was meant with `polls`I myself had to think there for a minute
blush
sunshine

A friend is somebody that knows everything about you and still likes you
HatMan Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
well, the question was which forums do you visit regularly, so maybe that person only looks in on the polls section occasionally or even rarely.

Paul

When in doubt, think about penguins. It probably won't help, but at least it'll be fun.
Blogger
Blogger
I visit all forums except nfanfic and nfanfic togs regularly,but not repost all these forums regularly. jump

B
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
B
Well, it's not surprising Polls got such a good result, considering it was in a poll... wink

Actually, it surprises me how many visit the TOCs regularly. I think of them like a dictionary or an encyclopedia -- a wonderful reference tool that's handy to have around, but not something I'd read for the fun of it. Unless people are saying that using them to catch up on stories is visiting regularly... <shrug>

Bethy

I don't suffer from insanity...I enjoy every minute of it.
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
And I see some of the most popular forums are Fanfic Related, Off Topic, and Polls. Gee, think we talk to each other a lot, or something? goofy

PJ

"You told me you weren't like other men," she said, shaking her head at him when the storm of laughter had passed.
He grinned at her - a goofy, Clark Kent kind of a grin. "I have a gift for understatement."
"You can say that again," she told him.
"I have a...."
"Oh, shut up."

--Stardust, Caroline K
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
And the weird thing is... Polls is even more popular than Fanfic! smile1

Just a fly-by! *waves*
A
Columnist
Columnist
A
Well, I voted for a hodgepodge. The only things I really wanted to say were:

1) I said that I don't visit Original Fic. I don't, yet. I really do want to, and this was a topic I really wanted to make sure we added when we created the new boards. I know we have some immensely talented writers and I can't wait to begin reading some of these stories. (I've only read one or two so far.) But I've been swamped with RL stuff like finals and with fanfic writing, so I haven't had much time for reading. But I just have a feeling that if I took this poll again in three months, my vote on this one would change.

2) Those of you who know me might find it interesting that I voted for Off Topic. I was really ambivilent about adding this forum to the new mbs. I wasn't opposed to it, just didn't care and said I probably wouldn't ever visit there. Off Topic posts in general tend to make me nervous because they are just that, off topic, and you never know what they will be about. Many off topic forums I've seen in my travels around the net tend to be preachy political posts that irritate or offend me or something like that. But I wandered into our OT folder a couple of times, and I've fallen in love. (Okay, maybe that's going a bit far, but I do enjoy reading the posts.)

Annie

Being a reporter is as much a diagnosis as a job description. ~Anna Quindlen

Moderated by  KSaraSara 

Link Copied to Clipboard