Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#230087 02/25/08 06:56 PM
kmar Offline OP
Columnist
OP Offline
Columnist
Does anyone else feel like taking out programmers and shoving computer chips under their finger nails. All day today I've had one software problem after the other with my computer. First I had a problem with my Verizon DSL software got that fixed. Even though the problem was that their software operates really stupidly. If you have more than one screen name you can't tell the computer to remember it because that locks you out of all the other screen names. DUH. AOL remembers every screen name and password and gives you a drop down list to choose from. Dumb or lazy programmer for Verizon DSL software.

Then went to load my newly purchased Norton Virus/Firewall software on my old computer and found out I have to has the SP2 six loaded. I took that off because it so screwed up my XP Widows computer nothing would work. Couldn't even get the restore function to work and had to take the computer back to factory setting. So now I have this new software that I bought because you could use it on up to 3 computers and I can only use it on the one with Vista.

Then I couldn't get on the internet because the Verizon software had morphed into another problem that would not let me use Internet Explorer or my AOL software. Had to call them on the phone and go through a bunch of stuff to fix that. Now I have no hair left because I've been pulling it out all day. ARGH wallbash wallbash

Anyone else want to join my torture party and gripe out software programmers.

#230088 02/26/08 03:28 AM
Top Banana
Top Banana
Well we used to use Norton here at my work and then our IT guy said that Norton was a computer hog and screws up a lot of programs because it's always using so much space/power/etc. So he took off Norton and now we use AVG. It's a cheap program (I think you can download it from the Internet) and it updates everyday. We haven't had any problems and we've had it for over a year now. It may be too late if you can't return the Norton but maybe trying AVG would help your computer run more smoothly?? huh Just a thought!

That sucks that you've had all those problems. I would be pulling my hair out too!

A government which robs Peter to pay Paul can always
depend on the support of Paul.

-George Bernard Shaw
#230089 02/26/08 03:57 AM
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
I understand I had to take my 4 month old laptop in because it was locking up when it was trying to boot. Then was told if it does this again because it was software problems I would be charge 140.00 or 30 dollars because my warnt. they sold me doesn't cover that. But because they were being nice they didn't charge me this time.

The problem was one of the programs was locking the system up with it started up. I'm thinking Vista error there.

This morning internet explorer started not responding I had to restart the laptop to fix that I'm hoping it's one time thing. So yes I feel for you and understand you're upset now wanting to scream and pull you're hair out.

Love Is the One Thing That Never Ends.
#230090 02/26/08 04:40 AM
Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
So he took off Norton and now we use AVG. It's a cheap program (I think you can download it from the Internet) and it updates everyday.
Yup, AVG can be downloaded free from the net. I installed it years ago and it works happily away without any problems, updates automatically every day and I've never had any issues with viruses etc.

I'd recommend it to anyone.

LabRat smile

Athos: If you'd told us what you were doing, we might have been able to plan this properly.
Aramis: Yes, sorry.
Athos: No, no, by all means, let's keep things suicidal.

The Musketeers

Moderated by  Darth Michael 

Link Copied to Clipboard