Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#229630 05/22/07 11:20 AM
Hack from Nowheresville
OP Offline
Hack from Nowheresville
I just went and brought a Mi Micro travel optical mouse. Plugged it into my Laptop using the USB connect and then it wouldn't work at then the windows wizard popped up I try to use that to find the software it needed from online only once it did I got a windows popup telling me that if I continue that my laptop wouldn't work right now are sometime in the future.

So I cancel download. My laptop is a Dell does anyone know what I can do other then just take back the mouse?

This is the second time I've tried hooking up a mouse to this laptop and it did the same thing both times now.

Love Is the One Thing That Never Ends.
#229631 05/22/07 02:20 PM
C
Kerth
Kerth
C
It sounds like the problem could be with the computer itself and not the mouse if you have tried twice it would probably indicate that there is a problem with the USB hub at the computer. Same thing occurs with my DV camera when I use firewire it knows it's there, but if I try to transfer the video it won't allow me saying that it can't find the device.

The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched they must be felt with the heart

Helen Keller
#229632 05/22/07 04:48 PM
Hack from Nowheresville
OP Offline
Hack from Nowheresville
I'm not sure it might be my USB hub because I never could get my printer to hook up either. I tried once to get it fix through Dell but it seems that didn't work either. I guess I will just have to take the mouse back.

I'm planning on trying to save up this year so by christmas time I can get a new laptop hopefully this time with a USB hub that will work.

Love Is the One Thing That Never Ends.

Moderated by  Darth Michael 

Link Copied to Clipboard