Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
A
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
A
It's been a long time now that my new posts/no new posts icons on these boards don't show properly. I get yellow folders (new posts) for topics that haven't been updated since my last visit, and even for topics that haven't been updated since several of my last visits.
I think it roughly dates since I started using Firefox, might it have something to do with it?

Thanks!
AnnaBtG.

What we've got here is failure to communicate...
Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Tell me about it. I've had a similar problem since the inception of the boards and it's only gotten worse. Although it's the opposite and posts being tagged as new long after I've read them.

I keep having to update them manually through My Profile, but even then they just return the next day when I call up the site. :p I can have posts showing up as new weeks later and after having 'cancelled' them several times. mad

No idea if Firefox is the problem, but I do know that I have other compatibility issues between these mbs and Firefox, that I don't have on other mbs I visit. So it might be. If you still have another browser, like OE, you could always go back to that and see if it makes a difference.

LabRat smile

Athos: If you'd told us what you were doing, we might have been able to plan this properly.
Aramis: Yes, sorry.
Athos: No, no, by all means, let's keep things suicidal.

The Musketeers
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
I used to have that problem with Firefox. Then I cleared out the boards cookies and started over. I try to avoid having more than one boards tab at a time. Doing so can create extra cookies, which then confuse the browser. I also close Firefox between visits to the boards. Cookies will not properly reset unless the browser is restarted.

As long as I do that, it actually works just fine for me. Actually, it's been so long since I've had a problem that I actually forgot that it used to be an issue for me.

Paul

When in doubt, think about penguins. It probably won't help, but at least it'll be fun.
A
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
A
Thanks, FoLCs. I'll see if clearing the cookies will help, and if not... oh well.

See ya,
AnnaBtG.

What we've got here is failure to communicate...

Moderated by  Darth Michael 

Link Copied to Clipboard