Lois & Clark Forums
Posted By: Anna B. the Greek New posts/no new posts icons - 07/02/06 11:39 AM
It's been a long time now that my new posts/no new posts icons on these boards don't show properly. I get yellow folders (new posts) for topics that haven't been updated since my last visit, and even for topics that haven't been updated since several of my last visits.
I think it roughly dates since I started using Firefox, might it have something to do with it?

Thanks!
AnnaBtG.
Posted By: LabRat Re: New posts/no new posts icons - 07/02/06 02:00 PM
Tell me about it. I've had a similar problem since the inception of the boards and it's only gotten worse. Although it's the opposite and posts being tagged as new long after I've read them.

I keep having to update them manually through My Profile, but even then they just return the next day when I call up the site. :p I can have posts showing up as new weeks later and after having 'cancelled' them several times. mad

No idea if Firefox is the problem, but I do know that I have other compatibility issues between these mbs and Firefox, that I don't have on other mbs I visit. So it might be. If you still have another browser, like OE, you could always go back to that and see if it makes a difference.

LabRat smile
Posted By: HatMan Re: New posts/no new posts icons - 07/02/06 03:53 PM
I used to have that problem with Firefox. Then I cleared out the boards cookies and started over. I try to avoid having more than one boards tab at a time. Doing so can create extra cookies, which then confuse the browser. I also close Firefox between visits to the boards. Cookies will not properly reset unless the browser is restarted.

As long as I do that, it actually works just fine for me. Actually, it's been so long since I've had a problem that I actually forgot that it used to be an issue for me.

Paul
Posted By: Anna B. the Greek Re: New posts/no new posts icons - 07/02/06 11:24 PM
Thanks, FoLCs. I'll see if clearing the cookies will help, and if not... oh well.

See ya,
AnnaBtG.
© Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards